View Full Version : Suggestions box: your ideas for projects wanted
01-10-2009, 01:35 PM
:wave: Hi everyone,
Add your ideas for projects and classroom lessons. For the classical forum year of art 2009.
List projects you'd love to try as a participant.
List projects you'd be interested in hosting yourself.
01-14-2009, 01:17 PM
1. How about a project using egg tempera?
2. Exploring art from other cultures (a kind of follow on from the icon project), e.g., Egyptian art, Hindu, Chinese.
01-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Here's another 2 I thought of this morning:
1. illustrate a subject, theme, or story from mythology. (I was looking at Klimt's Danae which gave me the idea.)
2. Use gold (leaf, ink, paint) in a work
01-15-2009, 08:48 AM
Like all that gold. I have gold paint, gold tissue paper, but, alas no gold leaf. I think it is sort of expensive. I'll check it out. Maybe I could afford one leaf.
Love the mythology idea......Janet
01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Sorry, just testing something
01-26-2009, 05:30 PM
June I love the idea of studying Klimt's Danae or other works and exploring the mythical theme too, would be happy to host if you give me an idea of what I would need to do!
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
:cool: Idea and ideas!:thumbsup:
Can it be an original adaptation/subject potrayal of a particular style; rather than copying?Choice up to individual preference, natch!
Illuminated manuscripts such as The Aberdeen Bestiary have many wonderful "fabulous beastie" illustrations...could one pick a creature from mythology that isn't in said book ...yet do it in a manner such as to emulate the style therein?
"Contemporize" it...as in doing a version one of the four apostles from Lindisfarne...using a modern personage ;) ( i.e. Barrack you-know-who ) ...
emulating the Lindisfarne style/school of Art?
Again, if one chooses to stay closer to the original inspiration rather than adapt it, that's again a matter of choice, as well...
I have never hosted anything; but would be willing to try-and hopefully succeed- for the above...or maybe CO-Host??:eek:
...if it's at least for a whole month ( or TWO ):lol:
...I"m a quick learner, but a slow worker when I"m not pushing pixels around!;)
Most available time for me would be a 2 week off-from-school/work period
March 20 to April 6th....so guess I could best help a start-up on -omigod!-
APRIL FOOL's DAY!:eek: :lol:
Thanks for the invite to input!:)
01-27-2009, 12:10 PM
Ryan and Chris...both of you have wonderful ideas. :thumbsup:
I see we will need to draw up a hosting schedule for the projects threads for the coming year. Then individuals can sign up for the month they feel free for and can also decide on their chosen topic. A schedule will help us know what's coming up.
Please note: hosting can be as involved or as limited as the host wants it to be.
1. For instance, if you feel passionate about the topic, you might want to start with a fair amount of background for the topic, some suggestions for work the participants might do, and any other info. You may even want to include a WIP of your own work if you've done something on the topic previously.
2. You may feel very keen, but you have limited time, then you can launch right into your project, with a few suggestions for work to get people started, and maybe a few links to relevant web pages. Members generally post more links if they're interested anyway and that helps your thread to grow.
You can a look at previous project threads to get some idea of previous approaches.
But feel free to be creative about your approach if hosting...it will be your 'baby'.:clap:
03-13-2009, 12:47 AM
i dont know if this has been done or not but i would love a caravaggio paint along. mainly hoping pastellists would join in and do a wip.
03-13-2009, 02:16 AM
Hi koisdad, thanks for your suggestion. Caravaggio in pastels paint along. Not sure when it will occur ...maybe April or May perhaps. Please check back.
03-13-2009, 03:44 AM
oh i didnt mean pastels only. i love the oils. just i dont work with them so i was hoping to see pastellists join in on it so i could learn something.
vBulletin® v3.5.8, Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.