PDA

View Full Version : Halimas Psyches Sonata..W.I.P

darkangels
01-06-2009, 10:36 PM
My very dear friend and fellow WC member gave me permission to use her photo of Halimas Psyches Sonata. She is a chestnut arabian filly owned by Forest Hill Arabians here in Australia.
I still have loads to do on this but wanted to show you all my progress so far..

Hope everyone had a wonderful x-mas and New Years..

Kusanar
01-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Stunning! Such a beautiful horse ^_^ I absolulty love your style! hee hee everythime I see something posted by you I get giddy to see it :) Keep up the excilent work!

~::Becca::~

Iaartist
01-07-2009, 07:46 AM
Very nice and I like your style too.

Snuzin Susan
01-07-2009, 11:55 AM
This is great. It almost reads like a watercolor but in graphite, which is a crazy awesome style you got going on there. Can't wait to see more.

-Susan

TRR
01-08-2009, 05:28 PM
You have really captured the shape of this lovely mare's head. What type/brand of paper are you using? It seems to take the graphite well. I will also be keeping an eye on this piece!
We are all lucky to have such a great source of beautiful reference photos from that amazing WC member aren't we?!! (you know who you are!)
TRR.

artistsoul
01-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Thanks Karen and TRR! It is very humbling to read you both enjoy my photography as much as I am so passionate about creating the images.

Karen you really have captured Sonata and not just from the photo, but also her personality and features. Her eye is perfect! Once again; your own style and technique really shines. See; you do have fans of your work, (including me)!

I have tried to post the photo Karen used, but am having trouble with it, (is it just me or is there a problem?) so if you are interested in seeing the photo, please go to my photography website and I will display the photo of Sonata on the Home page.

TRR: I can tell you Karen uses a range of paper, but she adores Bristol Board... Is that correct Karen?! :lol:

darkangels
01-10-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey, thanks guys, ill have to finish this one now seeing as though you all like it..lol. I don`t like it to much at the moment, Ainslie`s photo is just so gorgeous but for some reason i`m struggling with this one and not doing it justice at all. It maybe because i`ve been preoccupied with my Twilight drawings (posted on D&S thread) for my daughter Tayla... Im not sure what it is, but i will have another go at it once i`m done with the Twilight drawings :)
TRR, Ainslie is right, i LOVE using Bristol Board, i had never used it until Ainslie gifted me some and now i cant live with out it.. (Which reminds me, i really do need to get some more..lol. i only have two sheets left..((OH NO))!! ) I saw your art and what can i say but AWESOME !! Im definately a fan :D

Ainslie i hope you don`t mind but this is the photo i`m working from, isn`t it just beautiful ?? :) All that have yet to visit Ainslie`s Photography site needs to go see it, trust me, you will love it (i know i do..lol)

FaeLynn
01-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Absolutely beautiful!!! I am a fan of your work as well, it is always inspiring to me to see such precise work. Keep em coming!