PDA

View Full Version : Family dynamics

Darlingface
01-06-2009, 01:37 PM
I painted this (oils, 16 x 18 on Canvas) for my daughter going through a separation from her husband. She loves it, and adores Klimpt art, that is why I gave this a try. I am a new painter, and would welcome any critiques, especially brushwork and values.

clementine
01-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I very like Klimt too!and I very like the middle of the work!I am not sure that the faces in the loops work very well..
clem

Jon
01-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the Forum! :)
I can readily see the influence of Klimt. (http://homepage.mac.com/zichi/.Pictures/blogger/klimt-hope-2-1907.jpg)
How do you feel about the piece?

Darlingface
01-06-2009, 05:15 PM
The faces in the loops are the husband and other outside influences trying to get into the family core, and not for a good reason, therefore the impression of snakes, or ribbon, depending upon your outlook. I tried to give an impression of warmth and closeness within the family, and little bubbles of joy escaping the group, but there is always the unknown attempting to destroy. Am I making sense? I quite like the picture myself, it is all about impressions.

timE
01-06-2009, 06:45 PM
for my tastes, i think the figures are too sparse and empty.. in comparison with the rest of it.. maybe some shadow depiction in them .. also the ribbons around the edge are lacking in depth as well.. but i think it is very cool and want to see more of your work...:wave: