PDA

View Full Version : Saturday walk

Ronni
12-24-2008, 05:05 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-24-2008/80146_Saturday_Walk.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Saturday walk
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24x30 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Last Saturday, I went for a long walk with my hub, to our city's local art Museum. There were only video works; very contemporary lol. One work of an artist Nevet Isaac her name, I loved the most. Eight screens that show simultanilly Egyptian music and dance, airplanes, waves crashing etc. It had a great affect on me. I enjoyed the walk too. We saw on a bench a mum and her daughter not talking, and an appartment for sale, a moon laying, we crossed a bridge etc. While painting, I felt I was influenced by my dear friend KYRed , he contains freedom but much more wildness and creativity then I, still, I felt good, and enjoyed building the painting gradually.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any C&C are welcome.

Corby
12-24-2008, 06:44 PM
The painting is a beautiful thing Ronni. To echo your own words, it emotes a great deal of 'tenderness', like all of us you obviously love where you are, it is home. We are allowed visually to accompany you on your walk. Is the 'moon laying' the circular pool? Is it unusual to find an apt. for sale? I like a painting like this that is not dependent on a heavy load of 'rule' but just presents us with a story...

tgsloth
12-24-2008, 07:56 PM
This painting is like a novel; you read through it. A+

ejtupi
12-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm with tg to some extent here: This is a visual wonderland, a recounting of a personal journey with a number of sensitive observations assimilated, arrayed, recalled, related to each other.... to be honest, if there was some way to actually print your own comments provided with the post right on the picture I would be ecstatic - a true "mixed media" work that incorporates meaningful dialogue with the viewer with an arresting and perceptive work.

This is among the most thrilling things you've offered, as far as I'm concerned. The personal involvement is tremendous. Absolutely expressive and introspective and cause for thought. Wonderful...

Dana Design
12-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Definitely eye candy. Loved the walk through it, as well. I also loved the comments on this painting. A Christmas treat!

gaensanger
12-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Ronni, great painting! Merry Christmas!

laudesan
12-26-2008, 01:04 AM
Ronnie this is a beautiful piece of art! Your love for your subject shows!!!

EJ has the same thoughts as I.
...........if there was some way to actually print your own comments provided with the post right on the picture I would be ecstatic - a true "mixed media" work that incorporates meaningful dialogue with the viewer with an arresting and perceptive work.

JJ

cbcarnell
12-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Flowing and rhythmic, enchanting the viewer to join in on the walk.

MRSBB
12-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Hi Ronni. This is fun to explore and makes me wonder about your customs of your country. I do see the moon laying in the upper right. I think I see a tree decorated for the Holidays. Sorry the Mom and daughter are not talking, I'm afraid that is universal and a sign of our times. Thanks for sharing a day in the life of Ronni. Keep having fun...........Lenore

Ronni
12-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Corby:), you please me with your empathy, I am happy for your joining my trip.
TG:), You break me with your cute sense of humor, Oh how stuburn you are!!!
ejtupi:), I'm so very happy to get your comment, and I'm proud you find it wonderful.
Dana:), what a pleasure for me to cause you a Christmas treat! I'm flattered.
Alfred:), thanks for your good comment and greetings.
Judy:), I'm really happy you find it beautiful.
Clare:), It's a good feeling you joined my trip.
Leonore:), It is a good feeling you get curious to learn about my enviornment.
This encourages me to make another one of this style, I'll start it tomorrow.

SusanEleven
12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Hi, Ronni - this painting is just brilliant - it is my absolute favorite. Even without your commentary, it is a visual feast and an exciting narrative by itself. I love it!

bpc
12-27-2008, 01:17 PM
WOW...Ronni..you are the Van Gogh of the 21 st century...how can I get one of your paintings before you hit the world stage!!

Gemini IX
12-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Hello, I love your style! This is what art is about! You took one day, one walk and you tell your story. It is amazing how you used (what seems) to be few colors but, yet it ts very colorful! It is very creative and ORIGINAL! Great work!