PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Realism painting - maybeee :)

greensyster
12-24-2008, 01:32 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-23-2008/135872_MerryChristmas.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Merry Christmas Realism painting - maybeee :)
Year Created:
Medium: Sculpture
Surface: Stone
Dimension: Life size
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Maybee real or maybee cos the puppies Christmas hats arrived today (Christmas Eve!)<br><br>Merry Christmas, Happy Winter/Summer Solstice to all you generous people on this wonderful forum. This has been a huge learning curve year for me and as they say in the classics - I couldna dun it without ya! :)<br><br><br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all man.

tali
12-24-2008, 03:13 AM
Your style is so diverse! Truly, Iím impressed! ;) Happy winter solstice and holidays to you too and everyone else on the forum! The days are finally getting longer!! (well, at least for those living upright on the planet.

greensyster
12-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Tali - you are not still using one of those old style maps are you? You young people really must try to keep up. Here, let me assist....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Dec-2008/135872-TheCorrectWorldMap.gif

courtesy of some of TGPU :angel:

tgsloth
12-24-2008, 06:13 AM
(A) Texas rather than Australia is at the Center of the Earth
(B) I love the way you've painted every hair on that dog!

Gemini IX
12-24-2008, 07:37 AM
Wow! Looks like a photograph! Your good! Anywhat, Merry Christmas to you and you family! AND everyone else as well! PEACE!

Dana Design
12-24-2008, 12:02 PM
T'is a photo, no? At any rate, happy Christmas to you!

billmahler
12-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Great pic!
Aren't you cold?

greensyster
12-24-2008, 08:25 PM
TG - :) I knew your expert critical eye would note my attention to the tiniest detail in this complex and studied composition rendered in the manner of the Old masters :cat: (not to mention ... :lol: :p ) Bob - like most here I always hope you will comment on my posted images and I always have a good take away from your observations on mine and others' paintings. Thanks for unfailingly taking the time to consider, deliberate and post. And for listening to the wise counsel of Mrs Bob :thumbsup:

greensyster
12-24-2008, 08:31 PM
IAN - Yeah amazing how much like a photograph I can make a photograph - it takes a lotta talent kid - I can teach ya for a HUGE fee! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dana - thank you - and yep - I just couldn't resist my eldest 'baby' when I put her new hat on - at the moment all the Christmas presents have been opened and the entire deck is covered with slightly chewed Christmas wrapping (doggie safe - fear not!)

Bill - Cold? What is that? I had to put the sarong on just for the photo - today (Christmas Day) its 31C at 10.30am :) But that doesn't stop us having the roasting turkey in the oven and ham waiting to be glazed!