GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The road not taken
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 36
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is an imgainary landscape of the Road not taken that I painted on a big textured canvas.<br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
How can I improve this painting? I am open to any critique!!!

tali
12-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Nice!

thomas w
12-22-2008, 06:36 AM
Nice colors. This has a very dreamy quality about it.
Thomas W

gaensanger
12-22-2008, 06:38 AM
Good feeling, your road to nowhere!

HRobinson
12-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I believe you mistakenly presumed that you could have actually "seen" the entire path from your vantage point. Perhaps that horizontal mid-section of your path might not even be actually discernible. The tree line may be also less linear, e.g., more diversity in heights of those trees. Your color choices seemed fine in the respect that they're not usual which shows your penchant for striking out on your canvas. -Harry

tgsloth
12-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Interesting piece! At first I thought the photo was unfocused but it seems that you've painted it in this attractive blurry style. How to improve?

The road looks like a river to me. Giving the gauzy treatment, it's not entirely clear (to me anyway) how to make it more roadlike. Maybe go after the linear highligh on the lower edge and dark line at the upper edge which serve to sink the "road" into the landscape more like a river. And perhaps a hue change could be found which is less blueish.

I think you've got a depth problem. The yellow sky is great but yellow wants to come forward. Suggest you give it a typical sky gradiant- darker toward the top of the canvas. And then my big suggestion:

The far part of your landscape is green. This creates complementary tension with the red foreground. Make it much more blue and it will politely recede and play more nicely with the foreground.

SHANY
12-24-2008, 02:15 PM
To all the colleagues artists,
Thank you very much for your comments and suggestions.
I will fix the painting according to your comments.
Thanks for giving me another artist view to my art.
Wishing you HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND A VERY PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!!!:wave:

Corby
12-24-2008, 06:51 PM
Having come late to your painting all I can add is my appreciation for the high key light of an autumn day. It can be so bright that it sort of burns the horizon away to the haze you present us with and it allows the color to come through warmly and with greater intensity the closer it comes to our place of standing. I like this.

SHANY
12-26-2008, 04:03 PM
Corby,
Thank you very much for your comments.
You encourage me to continue to paint almost every day.
Wishing you very Happy Holidays and a Wonderfull New Year!!!
Shany
(Silvia Philippsohn):wave:

Caroline P
12-27-2008, 04:51 AM
Love it, leaves so much to the imagination, I could just wander up that road quite happily...beautifull colours.

bpc
12-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Kind of simple..maybe add more detail in the foreground....some more contrast here and there...I find the painting unexciting.

tdog49
12-29-2008, 02:35 AM
It reminds me of the painting Bert does in "Mary Poppins".

Is there a fair at the other end?

:thumbsup: