PDA

View Full Version : Three Panels of Infinity

Busik12
12-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Three Panels of Infinity
Oil and alkyd on canvas
72" x 30" (two panels)
Ovtober 2008

The two panels are meant to be seen together with a little bit of spacing between them, as seen on the picture. I sanded the canvas and the white rectangular borders resulted from the canvas being close to the wooden stretchers. I thought that it was interesting how the wider panel is broken down into two with these borders, though there is no physical separation between the two, while the other panel is actually physically separated from the other one.

And comments and critiques are greatly appreciated!

gaensanger
12-20-2008, 01:37 PM
You have worked with beautiful colours! I like especially the red part.

Dana Design
12-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Oh! I like this! My only nit would be that I'd like to see the circle on the left toned down in value somewhat. Overall, the rest of the painting is quite dark, muted and to me, there's too much of a value shift with that lightish circle.

Other than that, it's very well done.

Busik12
12-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Thank you for the comments and the critique.

girlwithbrush
12-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Sundu,
Please see the arrow on your image below:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/22-Dec-2008/90210-wetcanvas.jpg

Fantastic work. Although somehow I have changed your colors...your original colors are beautiful. I am not distracted by the left yellow cirlce. My eye goes to where the arrow points and I think it is strong enough to balance out the yellow circle.

As you described your painting, process, and the occurrence of the supports being painted/sanded possibly led my eye to that spot, but it works for me. Traveling around from the cirlces left to right and then stopping at that corner and enjoying it. It provides a sense of space.

Thanks for you post,
Karen

HRobinson
12-23-2008, 02:48 PM
These are very alluring and illusory! The discussion about the gap will ultimately depend on the way you display them I believe.

-Harry