GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Untitled
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is one of my very first attempts. I loved the idea of the picture.....the vase was not clear.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
any comments are welcome

Corby
12-20-2008, 10:13 AM
As a first attempt it has technical issues to be sure, but the visual pleasure that you felt in the idea has been effectively communicated. It is beautiful. You must continue! (AISI)

Busik12
12-20-2008, 01:25 PM
For some reason, this reminds me a little of Odilon Redon's floral works. The lack of backgrounds and the rather centered feel of the flowers alludes to some of his painted flowers.

http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/en_easyart/lg/1/3/Vase-of-Flowers--1914-Odilon-Redon-134232.jpg

You can search for more. But just keep going.

mrschaplain
12-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Thank you for the encouragement. It is great to have. I will be continuing. I love the medium, it has so many attributes.

laudesan
12-20-2008, 07:56 PM
This is a lovely first painting. You sure have a feel for your subject. I love the vase.

I would have preferred, if you had straightened and cropped your painting from the background, so we can just focus on your artwork though. :-))

HRobinson
12-23-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi mrschaplain. Was this from a still life set up or picture or from your mind? The first time for anything is always filled with blunders, grief, and disenchantments. It really does get easier but you must remain disconnected from your external self when you paint. You showed some true insight with your lone stem so it wasn't a total waste. :)

-Harry

mrschaplain
12-25-2008, 07:10 PM
it was from a picture that I found. Sorry it took so long to reply, but my in laws are German and we do our presents on Christmas eve, and then well with today being Christmas I just now have sat down to check things out here on WC. I know that it definately needs improvment. But with what I have gotten here, I am encouraged to keep painting. I love the dark color and the contrast with the pink & white. I am going to try this one again.
Merry Christmas