View Full Version : girl in white blouse
12-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Title: girl in white blouse
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)
3 hrs of work and still not happy with it
MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
model left after a days work
12-18-2008, 08:15 PM
wish I had more time but wishing wont make it happen
12-19-2008, 03:47 AM
for 3 hours - it's a pretty good start - all covered with paint ( and a nice basic skin-tone to boot) - i don't always paint so fast for sure! I will assume a cool-er light source so the warm cad-red/aliz in the shadow area of the chin makes sense.. that works for me totally.. Some structural and other thoughts:
1. her right eye should have more space between it's inside point/edge and the bridge of the nasal bone of the skull.
2. her left eye should show some perspective as it curves around her head ( it instead makes her had appear more flat).
3. ear is too large for such a young woman.. though she could be an outlayer it looks to wide and too long.
4. mouth is too wide on left side of her face ( think of perspective and that it should be also curving downward and shortened).
5. cast shadow from chin down her neck that appears to turn on her sternocleidomastoid should be softened ( as the shadow travels away from the darkest edge, it softens and becomes more diffuse.
6. form shadow on the bridge of nose/eye socket is to harsh and should show a gradual turn ( softened).
sorry the model left but these things can be sorted a bit w/o her! i mean - if you like! cheers -
12-19-2008, 08:46 AM
i wish i could do portraits...the blouse curling up towards the left edge of the canvas is bothering me. it's weird but to me if you just make her left shoulder slope down ( I covered the curling part with my thumb) the painting is finished for me.
just my thoughts,
12-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I think the ear is also too low.
vBulletin® v3.5.8, Copyright ©2000-2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.