GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: The Showgirl
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16 x 12
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I am finding this 'morning workout' intoxicating - if I could use oils on canvas in the pool I could be twice as fit!

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
This show girl is aware of the stage hands, her understudy even the orchestra but she knows she has to carry the show. So the question is - does she?

tali
12-18-2008, 04:49 AM
Yes!

greensyster
12-18-2008, 05:41 AM
Yes!

Egad! A woman of few (one!) words. :) Thank you Tali

creativechrissy
12-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Oh yes this show girl carries the show....she steals the show with all eyes on her! Wonderful painting

tgsloth
12-18-2008, 07:55 AM
This is a great clinic on how to create a center of interest and muting down the rest of the painting. But.
I gave you a pass on an overly centered composition with Lady of the Lake and now your Showgirl has elbowed her way back to Center Stage. Think Asymmetry.

Corby
12-18-2008, 03:25 PM
ordinarily I would agree with TG about the centered of this. But this 'showgirl' needs the room. She is kicking her heels in all directions at once! Thus commandeering as it were the whole canvas! Do you know what this flower is? Some species of Amaryllis?

Spyderbabe
12-18-2008, 04:16 PM
She is great. I would like one more muted orange and a few more lilacs scatted about please.

greensyster
12-18-2008, 06:33 PM
:wave: up the coast to Chris Now dont hold back girl! :lol: I love your comment, thank you!

Bob - Asymetry ... thinking thinking - right, got it! :) But where else could I possibly put such a showy subject? She would just have worked her way back to centre stage front no matter what!

Corby - I totally agree with your critique :smug: Over here their botanical name is The Big Orange Flowers on Long Green Stem but some folks just call them hippeastrum, I think, which other folk call Amarilys

Madame Spyder - You doth demand too much of my poor talents and purse - ya got ya quota OK? :lol: Seriously though, I feel if I add even a dot more it would make the stage hands 'too much' but I will think on it, thank you. (Note my run of 'green' signatures... :cat: )

mackb
12-19-2008, 12:48 AM
IN this case it would be criminal to change anything. Normally a centered focus is awkward, but here it is perfect. I love the title too. You could do a series based on the theme.

greensyster
12-19-2008, 02:54 AM
mackb - Ok - with you that makes three of us who agree on centre stage ! :) Actually I have today been deliberating that very point (about a series) and I think the thrill of the colours and arrangements to suit 'star performers' has won me over!