MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-17-2008/165098_rbn003web.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Rivercity By Night 3
Year Created:
Medium: Pen/Ink
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8.5x11
Allow digital alterations?: No, please :)

MY COMMENTS:
This is one of my covers for a local zine. Halloween issue.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think? Is there a market for this style of art?

greensyster
12-17-2008, 11:44 PM
Only in America! LOL - sorry I couldn't help myself! :)

johnstires
12-18-2008, 12:45 AM
As for your question about whether there is a market for it, the answer is yes. You definitely have an interesting style and the image, while not something that I could see alot of people wanting to hang on their wall as the usual "art" is something I could see in a magazine including comics, or magazines that use alot of illustrations. That in no way means this isn't art. I'd be interested in seeing some more. Have you ever done sequential work?

canormorum
12-18-2008, 03:46 AM
You can see more of my work at http://www.myspace.com/rivercitybynight. It's a local zine I put together. All of the drawings in the slideshow and picture album are mine. I'm thinking about making a webcomic and I'd love to illustrate a horror novel or RPG rule book. I know it's not exactly "fine art" but paintings of flowers and such bore me.

Here are some direct images to save you a trip to the webpage...

C&C welcome.

kathrynlovespets
12-18-2008, 07:30 PM
fantastic cover! I enjoy the ones with more dark than light

johnstires
12-19-2008, 03:02 PM
Looks like you are headed in the right direction. Perfect style for the horror genre.

And i agree that the peices with darks are more interesting. The focus for the bottom 2 images is too spread out. Some more darks would help the eye focus and rest.

canormorum
12-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Looks like you are headed in the right direction. Perfect style for the horror genre.

And i agree that the peices with darks are more interesting. The focus for the bottom 2 images is too spread out. Some more darks would help the eye focus and rest.

Thanks. I was thinking of adding color to those two. I see what your saying.