GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: those hanging out at the corridor
Year Created:
Medium: Pen/Ink
Surface: Paper
Dimension: A4
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my most creative work for me. For most of you, it will probably mean nothing, and just look like random collection of stuff. However with this piece, I believe, I have bended some rules of my mind. For instance in almost all my paintings (except abstract ones) there is a ground (which can be distorted in various ways) and other things are place on it, or levitated. Anyway some how bounded to it and each other by physical means. Or they were in front of each other or behind or under or ... . In this one there is no such physical bound, everything is placed just as I want. They are all intertwined. <br>So this is not a complete work but just a sketch, but I like it a lot.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything. <br><br>And recently I noticed that I am rather weak in colors. I would be happy if you digitally or by some means color this sketch. I am doing a watercolor based on this one and it does not seem quite well. I cannot choose the colors.

konsu
12-16-2008, 02:30 PM
hello,

i like the compostion. i myself cannot color this sketch for you because then it would become my painting, not yours. you want it to be your painting. :)

hope this helps.
konstantin

TinaC
12-16-2008, 03:20 PM
In my opinion this is a very cohesive piece. Yes and definately colour it yourself!

Corby
12-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Excellent work toraman! This is so complete as a work of art as is that I think color would be superfluous. However you might consider another, with color as part of your tools for assembling it. The style would even lend itself to collage or assemblage. Great work.

toraman
12-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Thanks konsu and August999. I had already done a colored watercolor one of this sketch, but I am not satisfied with it. I just wonder which colors would other people choose.

Thank you Corby. With your all knowledge about color and composition, please make a colored version of this. Or I will never know how my palette compares to some good painters. I know my color usage is not good and want to improve it.

laudesan
12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
[quote=toramanI just wonder which colors would other people choose.[/quote]Colour is such a personal choice. What works for one person will not for another. My suggestion to you, is to print this out on half a dozen pieces of watercolour paper. You could tear a full sheet up into 8 pieces, and try different colour combinations. You don't necessarily need to go for the complimentaries, which to me can look too garish.

Have you ever made a colour chart of all your paints? Great exercise, and you can see at a glance how the dry colour will look.

Maybe you could paint this to themes? Summer/Autumn/Winter/Spring - Pastels palette - Earth colours - have a play, that is half the fun, and find a combination that pleases you most. Do show us what you have done.

Your sketch is fascinating. I have been looking at it, and loosing myself in it. It pleases me.

Cheers JJ

bpc
12-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Sorry Toraman...can't get my mind around this..can't offer up anything constructive...except what has been said..you should color this if that is what you want.

gaensanger
01-01-2009, 06:43 PM
This one is creative! I like pieces like this. I think it was fun to make this one.

toraman
01-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Thank you laudesan for your advices. I will try them. However my problem is not just with watercolor but with oils too. I usually have a tendency to use primary colors far too much.

bpc thanks for caring.

gaensanger thank you. Yes it was fun to make it. It was my first sketch with a fountain pen.

laudesan
01-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Thank you laudesan for your advices. I will try them. However my problem is not just with watercolor but with oils too. I usually have a tendency to use primary colors far too much.You are welcome. :-) You might surprise yourself when making your charts, colour mixing charts are fun, just wait until you see just how many gorgeous colours you can make from your primaries. Oils as well as watercolours..