PDA

View Full Version : Color Mixing

becky2
08-05-2002, 05:38 PM
Where can I get more information about color theroy

bruin70
08-05-2002, 09:38 PM
what do you want to know?

i don't believe in color "theory", but maybe i or this whole board can help, as there might be some practical issues you have.....{M}

Patrick1
08-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Becky, are you more interested in mixing the most colors the most cleanly from only a few primaries, or are you more interested in the artistic application of color theory?

llis
08-06-2002, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by becky2
Where can I get more information about color theroy

Becky: WetCanvas! has many art lessons on Color Theory. There are so many opinions until it's really very hard to point you in one direction and tell you that this is your answer for everything.

At the top of this page, (and every page at WC!) you can find a drop down menu that contains all the Channels at WC! Go find this drop down menu and select Color Theory and Mixing. It will take you to the Color Theory and Mixing page which has many lessons. Pick one and get started. Remember that this is just one person opinion. Also remember to click the link to the second page of lessons. You can find this at the lower right hand corner of the channel page.

Good luck and come back and discuss some of your discoveries.

Color Theory Channel (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/channels.php?s=&channel_id=10)

nonamac
08-08-2002, 04:48 AM
I think the clearest, simplest explanation of colour theory is in a slim book by the US hero, Faber Birren. In his Principles of Colour, available from Barnes & Noble for about US$13, he uses description and visuals to break down the bits that make up colour in a user-friendly way. Computer artists who are used to Hue Saturation and Brightness will find it particulary sensible.

nonamac

nonamac
08-08-2002, 04:54 AM
also, Yahoo run a colour theory list, but it tends to be for geeks and gurus. Great if you are one.

nonamac