GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Early snow scenes
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 2.5 x 3.5
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
with apologies an thanks to C Monet for the people walking on the path scene....the other one I made up

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

Corby
12-12-2008, 12:19 AM
I like them both Spidey. You have the same streaked effect in your peopled scene as you had in your last postings. Here I like it, it serves a purpose in bridging the gap between the two halves of the painting. I always like human figures in a landscape painting. You have no cause to apologize to Monet, your figures are every bit as good as his...besides which, he has no longer any use for them... Yes I like these. The first with it confetti of warmth is quite striking.

kadon
12-12-2008, 12:26 AM
My goodness I DO like these.

tgsloth
12-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Both are beautifully composed and painted. I do have a suggestion for the first (yes, you may assume the second is perfect)
The red specs are visually attractive but produce a confused narrative. Lava under the snow? The redness wrecks what should be a feeling of pure cold. Tourquoise-y specs as one example could still pep up the little piece but retain the temperature.
As for this frog, Monet, I bet he couldn't paint this small!

LGHumphrey
12-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Can't agree with tgsloth, I like the red in there, superb colouring.

Bizkit
12-12-2008, 08:36 PM
OBVIOUSLY MR. COOK IS FROM TEXAS!! ( LOL)...

I also can not agree with Bob on this one..sorry my friend. Being a Buckeye myself and spending far too many winters in Spyderbabes neck of the woods this is a pheononom you would basically just have to witness for yourself. I see some hints of the last of Fall in the air, and I also see some snow on the ground. Perfectly rendered scene for this atmosphere, what I see here is snow laying on a pile of leafs with a few peaking out here and there as such creating this beautiful effect we see so often in Ohio!

ejtupi
12-12-2008, 08:45 PM
First one has kind of a neat hopscotch composition, great visual movement within the small format.

Second one reads more of Van Gogh's "backs to the viewer" pedestrian scenes... unfortunately, this picture has little or no value tension, seemingly stuck safely in the midrange. Really have to break out the 00 brushes if attempting impressionist styling in an ACEO, I guess.

Nice tiny pictures!

kathrynlovespets
12-12-2008, 09:39 PM
wow these are both beautiful
More than just scenes--
they are magical paintings
your unique interpretations
gorgeous, some of your best imo

Gemini IX
12-14-2008, 02:10 AM
Very nice! Great colors on both!

Spyderbabe
12-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Terrific input - thank you all.
Side note - I always use a half inch angled brush... seldom do I use anything smaller on the aceos.

greensyster
12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Late as usual but so glad I came into see these - really captured atmosphere. Monet would be proud as he was always one to acknowledge the shoulders of others upon which he stood :)