GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: untitled
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 18x24 ?
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
i really love t his piece it was my second peice and harder to create then the first <br>sorry that is so far away <br>the other one i had didnt come out so good

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
please tell me how i can better my pieces ? <br>what do u think of the colors i used ?<br>

Dana Design
12-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Can you describe your intent? Your goal for this painting?

maricampbell
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
not sure it was more like that is how i was feeling and when i look back i started to see the images

Corby
12-12-2008, 12:13 AM
The painting is very much in the mold of your first. I can only speak of my subjective response that moves me to say that it is too linearly busy. I do like the color you use but we are presented with such a kaleidoscopic image that the eye is not allowed to focus. There is an image there. Enlarging the painting so I can see it a bit better I discern a skeletal figure like those associated with "the day of the dead" Its like a woman with a fancy Aztec or Inca inspired hat. My advice remains the same as on the first painting. Balance the line with some volume, some quiet flat areas so we can gain some focus, Apply a discipline to your color So there is a dominant color or array of related color. A lesser amount of another color or related group, and then a zinger of surprise with a smallest amount of a third color or element. All of this having been said, someone else from their own subjective viewpoint may well accept it as it is.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Dec-2008/70790-skeletonized.jpg

Lily_Katz
12-12-2008, 01:42 AM
You have the ambition and the drive. I strongly suggest you take an art class to develop a foundation and framework for your art. You will improve rapidly if you do.

mackb
12-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Re Corby, what he said...

I have learned there are seven types of contrast in a successful painting, but basically the painting needs calm and busy, strong and passive colours, contrast between light and dark and between opposite colours.

I don't know all the scholarly lingo, but your picture is a great attempt at saying something profound, but your confusion as to how to say it comes through in your work.

We all have those kind of paintings,ok, I have a lot of almosts, and I commend you on your effort. I also commend you for putting your work out for us to see. I hope this helps a bit.

maricampbell
12-12-2008, 08:59 AM
where i do agree with all of u
the picture itself was never ment to to be anything like alot of the stuff i do u see what u want to see thank you all for ur comments they will help me out