PDA

View Full Version : Published Article

mame
08-05-2002, 08:29 AM
Published Article (including image reproduced in black and white. They selected the particular image):

Idaho Commission on the Arts Fellowship Award juried by “3 out-of-state professionals with expertise in the broad range needed for applications submitted in craft, design and visual art”

Latitudes Newsletter,
“Investing In Excellence” section, Pg 11

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Aug-2002/molly20.jpg

“Molly Hill, Boise. Panelists said there was a “story here that is mysterious, foreign, inviting, but not private.” They admired Molly’s use of “unapologetic imagery.” Her artist statement says, “Painting is about obsession, dedication, determination, honesty, plain hard work, and a willingness to stand naked in front of strangers.”

This statement and the nature of her work elicited panel adjectives such as “strange”, and “compelling.”

Molly works in acrylic and rarely begins with specifics. She relies upon her own experiences, memory and intuition, and over time a picture emerges. She says that the history of the making of her paintings is in and on the paintings. She exhibits her work at Stewart Gallery, Boise.”

All nine artists will be invited to participate in the Fellowship exhibit that will travel to Twin Falls, Moscow, Lewiston and Nampa in 2003.

llis
08-05-2002, 09:42 AM
Congratulations Molly! We are so proud of you and for you.

lori
08-05-2002, 05:23 PM
well deserved!

well, you know what i think...

kudos to you!

you artiste!

CarlyHardy
08-05-2002, 07:47 PM
Molly! Congratulations! A well deserved honor for you and for your paintings! Your unique style and originality speak for themselves!!
carly

arourapope
08-05-2002, 10:31 PM
YAY! YAY! YAY!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

mame
08-06-2002, 07:54 AM
Txs guys for comments and encouragement.

Funny, this game of art. I am convinced just making the stuff and letting the universe/karma do the rest must be the key. Take care of the "making", don't worry about the rest. It has proven to be a very powerful belief system.

Just learned the Boise Art Museum "collectors group" or some such museum board of directors or something wants to visit my "work place". Well there goes the myth/romance of the "artist's studio".

It is important for people however, to "see" and understand that those who must make art can make it any where under any circumstances. There aint no romance to it. The "wheres" of it and waiting for the "right" studio space are sometimes just the excuses for not making art.

(maybe I can rent a romantic loft space for the day....)

llis
08-06-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by mame
Txs guys for comments and encouragement.

Funny, this game of art. I am convinced just making the stuff and letting the universe/karma do the rest must be the key. Take care of the "making", don't worry about the rest. It has proven to be a very powerful belief system.

Just learned the Boise Art Museum "collectors group" or some such museum board of directors or something wants to visit my "work place". Well there goes the myth/romance of the "artist's studio".

It is important for people however, to "see" and understand that those who must make art can make it any where under any circumstances. There aint no romance to it. The "wheres" of it and waiting for the "right" studio space are sometimes just the excuses for not making art.

(maybe I can rent a romantic loft space for the day....)

Thanks for this message, Molly. It's one I needed to hear. Congratulations on the Boise Art Museum interest too. Good for you!

llis
08-06-2002, 09:03 AM
Mame:

Could you get intouch with me via email. I need to ask your permission to use your image and words of wisdom in an article I am writing for publication on the internet. OR... give me your permission here on this thread .... to use the image in this thread and your words of wisdom that I just quoted above.

Thanks much! Phy...llis

surreal
08-06-2002, 08:21 PM
Congratulations to you!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

marilyn h
08-06-2002, 08:28 PM
Okay Molly! First off. Congrats!!! Yes, you are living in Idaho!! That accounts for these very loveable, interesting, imaginative paintings. There has to be something in the water!!!! I too, am from Idaho and I admire your entry into a wonderful artist group there. :clap: :clap: :clap:

mame
08-06-2002, 09:56 PM
Hey, txs Marilyn. Where in Idaho are you from? I didn't return here by choice but finding it is an ideal place to work. A bit of "city life" but not many distractions to get in the way and considerable support of the Arts in general.

marilyn h
08-07-2002, 03:57 PM
I was born in Pocatello and lived there until I was 18 (married a Navy man). Moved to the East coast then went back for a couple years and lived in Idaho Falls, for three years and was very active in the art scene. Even owned a Gallery for about three years. Here I am back on the East coast for grandchildren. The art scene was very active and enjoyable. I feel you must live close to Boise. Am I right??

mame
08-08-2002, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by marilyn h
I was born in Pocatello and lived there until I was 18 (married a Navy man). Moved to the East coast then went back for a couple years and lived in Idaho Falls, for three years and was very active in the art scene. Even owned a Gallery for about three years. Here I am back on the East coast for grandchildren. The art scene was very active and enjoyable. I feel you must live close to Boise. Am I right??

I grew up in Pocatello too, went to Poky High Class of 68 (we were the wild crowd). Haven't been back for years.

Yup - live in Boise right now.

marilyn h
08-08-2002, 08:51 PM
class of 63 last year of only high school

paintfool
08-10-2002, 11:08 PM
Waaaay to go mame! :clap:

BirdArtist
08-25-2002, 12:21 PM
Congratulations, mame! I saw the article and accompanying photo of your painting. The painting made me smile!
I, too am from Idaho! I grew up in Pocatello, graduated from Highland High in 1976. I now live in Saint Anthony, Idaho. I am a full time bird carver since quitting my "day job" of structural steel drafting this last March.

mame
08-25-2002, 12:42 PM
Hey, bird! Nice to meet you. I went to Poky High way back when.

Idaho aint a bad place for artists...

Good luck/success with your work:D

BirdArtist
08-25-2002, 01:24 PM
Absolutely right......Idaho's a great place for artists. You would be surprised at how many accomplished artists and writers live right here in (or near) Saint Anthony. This area seems to be a nurturing place for the creative soul. Lots of space.

Good luck on your continuing success and again, congrats!

"I am two things that can never be ridiculous...a child and a savage." -- Paul Gauguin

TeAnne
09-02-2002, 09:43 AM
See, you have nothing to worry about :D Congrats :clap: :clap:

mame
09-02-2002, 10:22 AM
:cool:

violet feme
09-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by mame

I love that.
Mame, your painting is BEAUTIFUL! Congradulations on the article.
Tracy

mame
09-27-2002, 10:27 AM
Txs Miss femme fatale:D

El_Elegante
10-05-2002, 05:36 PM
Congrats Molly, I didn't see this post... I need to frequent this forum more often.

mame
10-06-2002, 08:56 AM
hey, txs El. :D

Don't YOU forget to post re your upcoming exhibit.

cagathoc
10-07-2002, 04:14 PM
congrats!