PDA

View Full Version : Membership Process

Herb
12-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Hey, folks...

I attempted to join OPS as an Associate Member a few days ago. Of course, I didn't follow the instructions and made my PayPal payment before sending the e-mail request to join. :o

I see the payment has cleared. What should I expect to happen next? Do I need to contact anyone to straighten out my procedural error?

I'm sure everyone is busy with the holidays, so maybe I should just be patient?

Thanks,

Herb

Pat Isaac
12-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Have you sent the application to join and said that you paid by paypal? If you did all these things, then be patient as I know the person in charge is having HUGE computer problems which should be solved soon. I'll keep my eye on it and welcome to the society...

Pat

Herb
12-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Thanks, Pat. I'll just chill for a while. :cool:

Scarefishcrow
12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Herb,

Welcome to the OPS. I'm glad you decided to join. Perhaps you will do some WIP demos for publication in the Oil Spiel newsletter.

Both Robert and I have agreed to help with developing articles for the newsletter and we would really like to get more members involved.

Welcome aboard.

Bill

redclare
12-29-2008, 01:44 PM
I have also attempted to join the OPS (about a week ago), first submitting application by email, immediately following with PayPal payment. Then yesterday I submitted a few images for a gallery page. Hopefully I have followed the correct procedure.. Like you Herb, I thought at first perhaps I made an error by submitting payment before getting a confirmation of receipt of my application from the OPS (but as I interpret the instructions, application and payment should be sent more or less concurrently). In any case, I got the payment confirmation from PayPal, but haven't heard from the OPS yet. Of course, I realise it's the holidays (membership in the OPS is one of my Christmas presents :) ), and it may take some time.

Hopefully your membership has been sorted by now Herb(??)

Pat Isaac
12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Patience Rebecca. The person in charge of membership has been having computer problems, but should be ready to go soon. You did it right and soon you will receive confirmation

Pat

Herb
12-30-2008, 11:30 PM
Hi, Rebecca. I did indeed receive a nice note from Carly Hardy regarding my application and a formal "welcome" e-mail with a link to the newsletter archives. Now all I need to do is make time to do some serious catch-up reading! And finish a few more OP pieces so I can show some work. And improve enough I can upgrade my membership. And... :D

redclare
12-31-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks Pat, it's fine, no worries... I'll be patient.

That's great you've been officially welcomed Herb.

:)

Scarefishcrow
12-31-2008, 09:54 PM
Rebecca,
Congratulations on joining OPS. As Pat said the person in charge had a complete computer meltdown.

We are working to improve the system and hope members will use this forum to give us feedback and suggestions on how we might better operate and serve the membership.

Since everything is done by volunteers, help is sometimes in short supply. So if you have some spare time.....

It would be great to get more members involved and interacting!

So I'll give you an informal welcome until your formal one arrives!

So glad you decided to join. We are always looking for members that want to demonstrate techniques for articles in the newsletter the Oil Spiel. Let us know if you are interested.

Bill:clap::clap:

redclare
01-02-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks very much for the welcome, Bill. I just got a very nice email message from Becky and she has uploaded a gallery page for me, so I guess it's official. Not feeling quite yet ready to do a demo at this point, but if there are other ways I could help out, I'd be more than happy... :)

Scarefishcrow
01-02-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks very much for the welcome, Bill. I just got a very nice email message from Becky and she has uploaded a gallery page for me, so I guess it's official. Not feeling quite yet ready to do a demo at this point, but if there are other ways I could help out, I'd be more than happy... :)

That's wonderful, Rebecca. It is wonderful to see enthusiastic artists like you joining us.

Bill

Bezalel
03-21-2009, 12:53 AM
how much is it to join? I started with oil pastel and have recently added oil sticks does that still count?

Bezalel
03-21-2009, 12:55 AM
to clarify.......I started and still use oil pasels. a better word would be incorperated oil paint sticks.

Pat Isaac
03-21-2009, 08:11 AM
Hi Bezalel, and welcome.
You need to go the the oil pastel web site. www.oilpastelsociety.com and that will give you all the information on membership.
Looking forward to having you join us.

Pat

dawnvalentim
06-05-2009, 09:55 AM
Hello all... I recently submitted payment and membership application for the Oil Pastel Society, but am a bit concerned as many of their email links seem to no longer be working, and I have still not received any email that they received my information or my payment. Is this organization still accepting and promoting members? I know there are some members here, so I figured I'd check, in case they are just experiencing some technical issues. Any information would be greatly appreciated, as I'd love to become a member of the OPS!

Thanks!

Dawn Valentim

Pat Isaac
06-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Hi Dawn,

When did you submit your application? The link is [email protected] and you have to type it yourself as there are no links from the site. The bio and images go to [email protected] and the paypal link is on the site. I checked them all and they work.
I will check with membership to see if they have received your application.

Pat

dawnvalentim
06-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Hi Pat,

I think it was on Sunday... Here's one of the bounceback messages I got:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 553 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.5.3 - chkuser) (state 14).

Thanks for checking for me. I did notice that there have been some technical issues mentioned here, so I thought maybe I'd try to see if anyone here had any info. Thanks again!

Dawn

Pat Isaac
06-05-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi Dawn,

I just sent a message to that email along with your error and it is in the box. Maybe you should try again.

Pat

dawnvalentim
06-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Hi Pat,

I sent an email through the membership email, so I'll just wait to see if I get a response. There's probably a little glitch or something on my end or theirs.

Thanks again for your help! I'm glad i found this forum! So many great people and tips here!

Dawn

Pat Isaac
06-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Great! Let me know if it doesn't work.

Pat

E-J
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
I renewed my membership last week and sent a mail to Becky about my images, but have heard nothing back from her (I did hear from Carly after making my payment) and my OPS artist gallery hasn't yet been reinstated. I wonder, is Becky still having computer probs?

Pat Isaac
06-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Becky only works on the web page once a month. I checked the image box and there is nothing there from you. Did you send the images to [email protected]

Let me know.

Pat

E-J
06-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi Pat. Yes, that's where I sent my images. My e-mail is dated 13 June. I will try resending the mail now.

Becky only works on the web page once a month. I checked the image box and there is nothing there from you. Did you send the images to [email protected]

Let me know.

Pat

Pat Isaac
06-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Hi E-J. I just checked and they are there now, so Becky will pick them up.

Pat

E-J
06-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks for checking, Pat!

GOSH
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Hi, have the issues with the computers been solved and how is the membership process done now, as I'm thinking of joining?

truck driver
11-03-2009, 08:30 PM
Rebecca,
Congratulations on joining OPS. As Pat said the person in charge had a complete computer meltdown.

We are working to improve the system and hope members will use this forum to give us feedback and suggestions on how we might better operate and serve the membership.

Since everything is done by volunteers, help is sometimes in short supply. So if you have some spare time.....

It would be great to get more members involved and interacting!

So I'll give you an informal welcome until your formal one arrives!

So glad you decided to join. We are always looking for members that want to demonstrate techniques for articles in the newsletter the Oil Spiel. Let us know if you are interested.

Bill:clap::clap:

I've offered to help in numerous ways, but the powers that
be seem to keep failing to get back to me.

RG

Pat Isaac
11-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Yes, they are better now and it would be great if you would join. I will suggest your name again, RG and find out some specifics about helping.

Pat

GOSH
11-06-2009, 04:25 AM
Thanks, Pat. I've noticed new memberships start in January but if I wanted to join this month, would my membership expire in January? Do I need to wait until January to join?

Pat Isaac
11-06-2009, 07:45 AM
No, if you join now it goes for next year.

Pat

rjmarchitect
12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Hey Pat:
I just sent in my application to the OPS along with the PayPal payment. I didn't see any particular link to who sent it (me) to OPS. I assume that it is in the field of the payment info from PayPal and included in the membership e-mail.

If not I am sure I will hear from the OPS.

I am looking forward to being a part of this group.

Russ

truck driver
12-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Welcome aboard Russ :) Everything went through fine no need to worry :)

RG

rjmarchitect
12-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Thanks RG, Got the e-mail from the OPS.
Russ