GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: From my sketchbook
Year Created:
Medium: Pen/Ink
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 6 by 8 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I have very little imagination and can’t just draw something out of thin air. But I enjoy doing these little sketches from life. They are for study. You can tell these were done at church (bad, bad, bad, Tali sketching at church!!) by the way the kids are folding their arms. My favorite is the one of the group of kids—they were singing a song for Father’s Day and I had like 20 seconds to get their gestures. I can’t do this anymore (at least not at church) because my six-year-old son started drawing pictures of himself jailed while in church, poor little guy, I need to set a better example. I use mostly ball-point pen so I won't be able to erase, but sometimes a pencil is all I can find.:rolleyes:

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just inspired by tgsloth to share. Any comments are fine—feel free to share too. You'd be amazed how much these little sketches can hone in your drawing skills.

Keith2
12-06-2008, 05:02 AM
I like the drawings. It's hard to draw people in such detail when you're sketching incognito - I know because I often do it. They are good portraits.

greensyster
12-06-2008, 06:25 AM
This is very moving. No photograph - no copying - something from the arm of the artist's mind. Rare, The easy road of digital manipulation seems to pervade. I want to be very very old and say to some parents 'hey guys if you dont teach your kids math they cant invent the computer upon which your kids dont need to to...' but I stop myself because I am very very old. So sketch away Tali and keep art alive by doing so.

tgsloth
12-06-2008, 09:03 AM
Good stuff! Wouldn't it be interesting if a gallery would put on a "sketches only" show? And...I've always thought that the toughest people in American are offensive lineman playing in the NFL and artists who sketch with a ball point pen. I'm a pencil guy. For me, the eraser is the like the Hammer for Thor.

Corby
12-06-2008, 12:26 PM
Nice sketches Tali! The ball point is a marvelous sketching tool, I do prefwer the black ink if I use one....but whatever makes a mark...

billmahler
12-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Good posting.
The bottom grouping is my fave..you caught the dynamics of the group with very few lines.
I'm a ballpoint fan as well. I'm old enough to remember when that thing was invented!

Bright Eyes
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Well Tali, I've already told how nice I think your sketches are. But must tell you again, they are super:thumbsup:

I think you should post the cage one by your son. That was funny!

RedTerra
12-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi!
My favorite is the little girl in the first sketch, top left, and the grouping in the last sketch. when it comes to drawing I most enjoy gestural sketches. The girl in the top sketch captures a lot in the fewest lines, and I think its great!
RedTerra

talison
12-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I am not sure why I am posting this, you already know I love your scetches.:lol:

tony1
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Great Tali. I keep forcing myself to sketch. I don't do enough of it.

Anita Murphy
12-08-2008, 10:13 AM
I love the idea of you sketching in church! These are great. Lovely form to the faces. I got caught sketching in a meeting at work recently!
I'm a ballpoint pen fan too. Note to self - do more sketching .

Nevadaron
12-08-2008, 02:25 PM
Your sketches are quite good. Thank you for sharing.

Annnnd...Yup... i sketch in church as well, or anywhere else, any time i think i can get away with it. All too often though someone will come up and want to carry on a conversation. Good discipline to develop patience :)))

(the other) Ron

Bizkit
12-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Nice work Tali.......Im a doodle'r as well!!!

tali
12-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks, all! Yeah, RedTerra, that cutie at the top is one of my fav's as well. Like I said, you gotta catch the FAST! So sketchers unite! How 'bout posting a few more? I'd love to see what's lurking in all of your sketchbooks.....