GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: boots
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Colored Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8.5x11
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
i feel the b/g represents the sunset out west which goes along with the cowboy boots.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
the feedback i am interested in is the overall emotional feel of the piece.
ex: the colorization of background; was it effective?, does it work?
what could i do to improve the piece?

jolie
08-04-2002, 07:46 PM
although the subject matter isn't one i would personally choose (probably because i can't relate to it), i think you've done an incredible job. i wouldn't change a thing. the jeans are so perfectly done and the boots actually look like leather!

the colors you've chosen for the background, and the way you've blended them are fantastic. it makes me think of a cowboy watching a sunset (and i got that feeling before i read your comment saying that)...perhaps gazing over his land that he's worked so hard for. i probably read way to many romance novels or something, but i get a sense of pride and achievement from the guy wearing the boots.

good work!

jolie

futurebird
08-05-2002, 10:09 AM
yeee haw
I dig it.

I like how the boots are textured, but the rest is more of a sketch. I almost wish the jeans and background had even less color and deatail so that contrast would seem greater.

It feels like there might be too much space on the right, or too little, that is the subject is "kinda" on the left side, but not far enough over for you to really know if it's on the left or just off center.