PDA

View Full Version : Konnor

Becky Foster
12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/12-03-2008/59857_Copy_of_Konnor_-_20x16_-_oil_pastel_on_canvas_-_1-05.JPG

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Konnor
Year Created:
Medium: Oil Pastel
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is my son.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Just interested in some feedback and opinions. I'm going to be working another portrait soon and any critiques and comments would be helpful. Thanks!

sveldstra
12-03-2008, 06:06 PM
He is soooo cute. Love that pout, and the crooked tie. I can't see anything wrong or anything I would have done differently, other than maybe a different colour background, because I think the lavender doesn't do anything for his fair skin. It's really fantastic.

Corby
12-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I get the feeling that this too may be an attractive 'wild' flower of the woodlands! What an interesting person Konnor appears to be. I would like to meet him. Having seen this, a succeeding portrait (if it is of Konnor) would be especially interesting! I cannot 'fault' you for anything on the previous work so really have no suggestions for a further.

Not I hope being too personal or presumptuous I do wonder...his name is Irish, his coloring could be considered so...and perhaps...temperament? I mention this because the central green tie is in that context, almost an invitation: "Wind me up mom" And I'll lead you a merry chase!

A very nice portrait Becky T.

Becky Foster
12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Sveldstra - Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to let Konnor know you like the crooked tie because he HATES it and is always wanting me to fix it (I never will!). I agree with your opinion about the lavender, I did it to compliment the hair and I wanted something young and fun and bright, but I could have picked a better color for sure.

Corby - Glad you like it! Konnor (he's 8 years old now) is probably the most intense, most strong-willed person I have ever met. He's mastered the art of self-control and is a very sweet, intelligent, gentle little boy now - but oh man what a tyrant of a toddler and preschooler! Challenging, to say the least. This painting, I think, captures that old Konnor. I'll need to do a new one displaying his more mature personality. And yes, he's got a lot of Irish in him :angel:

Thanks again for your time and feedback,
Becky