GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Mountain rapsody.
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 16
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Oil on canvas 16"x20".<br>I did before similar very small work in acrylics on paper.<br>And now I just wanted to do it in oil for myself.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything.

blarkin
11-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I think it's beautiful - I like the color choices. I like the road a lot, and the post/tree shadows as well. It says "cold weather" to me. The upper left corner seems a bit spare compared to the upper right mountains, i wanted those upper left trees to continue across some more to the right. But - it's a great job!

Corby
11-29-2008, 03:05 PM
A gorgeous capture of time and season. The crisp fall night has not yet given over to any warmth of the day, but the pale cool light of the sun is beginning to flood over. You have rendered the backlighting of edges. A beautiful start. with great softness of brush, you might give us more.

The only thing I see in the painting that does not 'read' as it might in my opinion is that its imaginary source is perhaps revealed by the road. In real life, roads usually take the straightest possible course from point 'A' to point 'B', curves and diking structure usually occur only through necessity.
( through water, around structures or other natural obstacles) That being the general state of things, the road in this seems a bit contrived for the benefit of our visual interest, having the repeat of unnecessary curves. This is I realize a subjective matter. I think the painting is lovely and your painterly ability is excellent.