PDA

View Full Version : Missy -- RIP

allanom
11-28-2008, 05:54 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-28-2008/4031_missyField12.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-28-2008/4031_missy.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Missy -- RIP
Year Created:
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 24 inches x 48 inches
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I know there are some dog lovers on here, so asking the rest of you to please indulge this post.<br><br>My dog, Missy was recently diagnosed with kidney disease and went into renal failure this week. I had to have her put to sleep yesterday evening (Nov. 27) and took her body immediately up to Bancroft, Ontario to my family property and buried her near my contemplation garden this morning -- after digging through more than a foot of snow to get to the ground. She was the best and sweetest companion a human could ever ask for. Yesterday was a very hard day and I'm missing her a lot...<br><br>This is her one appearance in a painting, 'Missy in the Field' from last spring. She is buried close by this scene. Plus I'm including a picture of her I took just after I got her in August 2000 from a shelter in the Bancroft area. She had been abandoned on a sideroad with 3 puppies and had 80 porcupine quills in her face and neck (obviously figuring she needed to defend her pups). Those who knew her loved her.<br>

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Thank-you for indulging me....

LGHumphrey
11-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Allan, it really is true about "man's best friend."

lunchbox
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
We have gone through that grief more than I wish to remember. So sorry for your pain, but from you she never knew a cruel hand. What lovely fields in which she now can play, and by which you can remember the happier times.

pero lane
11-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm so very sorry for your great loss....remember that she is not forever gone, as she'll forever be in your heart.

Corby
11-28-2008, 08:14 PM
Allan it is so difficult to lose a family member like that. It leaves an emotional hole that no words can for the moment address. There is the comfort of knowing that you made her world a happy one. And you cared for her to the end. The painting is a wonderful memory. Free and open.

tgsloth
11-28-2008, 09:04 PM
What a painting
What a photo
What a sentiment

cbcarnell
11-29-2008, 12:07 AM
Allan, our pets become such an intrinsic part of our lives, and when we lose them it creates such a painful void. :( How fortunate it was for Missy that you rescued her from the shelter and gave her a safe, loving home - how fortunate for you that she will always hold a special place in your heart.

Dana Design
11-29-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm so sorry, Allan. Missy will be remembered by all of us as your loving companion. A lovely dog. Take good care.

laf.art
11-29-2008, 01:30 PM
So sorry for the loss of your companion

floopy
11-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Excellent tribute to your loved one. I know how painful the loss of a pet can be.... I have a dog that looks very similar. He is very old. Take comfort in the fact that you both loved each other. Lovely painting.

Spyderbabe
11-29-2008, 09:05 PM
I am so sorry. I had a beloved black and white dog named Missy. She passed on many years ago but she will always be with me.

laudesan
11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
Allan, I am sorry for your loss. She is waiting for you, you know..

Hugs JJ

greensyster
11-29-2008, 11:08 PM
I love that a man with your immense talent has, as expected, such a deep soul as to know that our companions should be honoured with their own requiem such as your post to 'Missy'. And you needed it too.

Tears in my throat for how much you will be missing Missy and thank goodness she had so many happy playful healthy years in your care.

goby
11-29-2008, 11:21 PM
I'm writing this with tears rolling down my cheeks, she was so lucky to find you and you find her, you loved her as much as she loved you. Remember my friend ....your as special as she was... Thankyou so much for sharing! Goby

JR1
11-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi there Allan, my eyes welled up reading your post, I know how hard it is to lose such a friend. Sounds to me that you where the best friend and companion that Missy could have asked for. Take comfort in that.
I lost one of my 'babies' last year.....very tough dealing with that kind of loss. Mine was a ten year old golden retriever.
Fine tribute to your friend.

JR

allanom
11-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Tears in my eyes over and over as I read these warm and compassionate responses to my posting about the loss of my sweet Missy. Thanks for your kind thoughts, and blessings to you all.

Allan

mooz49
11-30-2008, 03:55 PM
What a gorgeous little dog ....such trusting eyes ..... I am sorry for your loss Allan .... :grouphug: