PDA

View Full Version : Self-Portait

vicki22
11-28-2008, 04:07 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-28-2008/147652_self_portrait.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Self-Portait
Year Created:
Medium: Pencil
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 30x22
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This is a self-portait for drawing 2 and we were to have at least two hands as well as two faces in our portrait. I choose to add the skeleton because i thought it worked well with the images that i had already. Also taking this picture it tu<br>ed out a little darker then i wanted it but the paper is an off white color.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
I really have know idea what to ask. I know my right hand looks really bad and i am trying to work to make it more like mine. I just want feed back to see if i am getting it or not. I am so hard on my own work so i need others feedback!

Becky Foster
11-28-2008, 04:25 PM
I think you show great promise. The 2 faces below are very expressive and nicely rendered, especially the one on the left. I think the overall design is interesting. It looks like you just need to practice (don't we all!) and the sky's the limit.

Nice job,
Becky

Corby
11-28-2008, 08:25 PM
What Becky said! Go for it!

vicki22
11-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback - I will continue to post my work!!!

Dana Design
11-29-2008, 11:41 AM
The heads in the corners are quite nice and the features well defined. The skull is not as well done and as it is the main focus of this drawing, a bit more work could make this entire drawing much better.

However, you're doing well, keep up the good work and keep posting.

KYRed
11-29-2008, 10:55 PM
Okay, now for a remark about the actual images in the drawing. Well, remark or maybe a question. I was wondering what you were thinking when you added the skull. You wrote the skull just seemed to work well with the images you had already put in the drawing. But, couldn't a, say, portrait of the little girl you once were have worked as well. What I am saying is I am just wondering what could be the reason for this to fit so well for you? Just interested. Not complaining or criticising. I like to have further insight into the artist. Thanks, KYRed.

vicki22
11-30-2008, 11:34 PM
In this project i was planning on using my x-rays and i couldn't get and them and desided that the skeleton would work too. What i am trying to get across was how we look both as a skeleton and me. I was trying to put the skeleton and me as one of the same.

I am sorry if i didn't answer you guestion KYRed. I never really have talked to anyone about my art or really explained it before - thanks for asking it meant a lot:) Thanks!