PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me for...

george c martins
11-25-2008, 12:42 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-25-2008/151331_Perdoa-me_por....jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Forgive me for...
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 144cmx107cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Need any kind of comments

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
open to any kind of critiques...<br><br>why? The piece is already done...submited to a contest, didn't win neither it got selected.<br>So, as I'm new in pastel and in paintings all I need is more kinda of help of what could I improve better and lean more.

La_
11-25-2008, 01:34 PM
interesting view of a Very popular theme ... my only concern with it is the staff of god seems to be stabbing him in the chest ... perhaps extending it out past his left shoulder area would eliminate this issue?

la

tgsloth
11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
It's masterful, George. I've got nothing to teach you. I wish you'ld come over and show me your pastel technique. It's reminiscent of one of my favorite Rousseaus:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/25-Nov-2008/124239-rousseau_450.jpg

gaensanger
11-25-2008, 02:50 PM
George, great work! How did you develop the composition?

george c martins
11-26-2008, 09:37 AM
Hi everyone

Thank you very much La, Bob and Alfred

La,thank you for your comment, and yes your right. I didn't see that the staff was giving the idea that it was stabbing his heart.... should gone all up

Bob, thank you for your comment and I fill honoured for your words....I also hope that one day I'll be able to visit, "able" because financally at the moment i?mm unable...

technique?!:o there you got me....I don't know how to answer that.... All I can say is that I haven't got any kind of schoolship on Arts nor any kind of workshop....the only thing I've got close to Art, is a workshop on Art Clay for factories, which had this small teaching , more practical subject on Artistic Drawings.....the rest, well it comes out of my fingers, the pastel sticks and all my heart... I'm really a beginner in this all. I'm reading Art books, learning about composition rules, perspective rules, human porportions, notan. Have no experience in or with galleries or any kind of exibitions. Had my fisrt particiaption in a Spanish Contest with this painting and a recently blog...that's all.....I'm really sorry I can't be that helpfull, but I promise that if I find out how to explain, I will tell you.....
I took a peek at your web and loved the Egyptcian Portrait. You've got great paintings, WOW, and a Bobcat :lol: :lol: !!!!

Alfred, thank you for your comment. Composition??? :o You mean how did I came up with the painting? What I did to get there? Is that your question?
I took a peek at your space and oustanding figures and portraits....WOW

kind regards

P.S. sorry about my english....

george c martins
11-27-2008, 10:18 AM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-27-2008/151331_Perdoa-me_por....jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Forgive me for...
Year Created:
Medium: Pastel
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 144cmX107cm
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
any and hard

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
what could do to improve

tha painting is allready done...

thank you for C&C

Lily_Katz
11-27-2008, 08:26 PM
George, I don't think it is your artistic ability here. Probably the subject matter of your painting was a little too edgy.

george c martins
12-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi Lily

You know, some how, I'm starting to believe on what you say....looks like I overacted with the painting....and all I wanted was to tell a story...

...thank youy very much for taking your time to comment...

thnak you all...

regards