PDA

View Full Version : Morning Buddha

Spyderbabe
11-25-2008, 12:09 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/11-25-2008/23281_budda_knows.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Mo<br>ing Buddha
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Paper
Dimension: 8x10
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Based on photo in weekly different strokes challenge...

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
anything

tgsloth
11-25-2008, 03:04 PM
A muted palette by your standards and therefore not in my top ten Spyderbabe hits. But what really bothers me is I don't know what I'm looking at. I guess it's flowers in a couple of vases but it could be a tree on the left and a nuclear power plant cooling station exploding (I know they're not supposed to do that) on the right. I can't get a sense of scale. Buddha looks a little murky to me.

Did I mention I have the body of a God? Yes, it's Buddha.

Spyderbabe
11-25-2008, 04:37 PM
From the photo of the still life I'de say Buddha was about 12" tall. The round pot smaller, the square vase taller. Backlight dried hydrangeas (dead flowers) all sitting on a window sill.
Is it the scale? Lack of detail?

tgsloth
11-25-2008, 04:46 PM
I think part of my problem is resolving the scene is the background. It's a lovely Spyderbabe-y cloud-scape which makes the vases seem like big things outside.

Spyderbabe
11-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Its a thought.. I could paint in tiny skyscapers and really confuse things.

Bizkit
11-25-2008, 08:25 PM
oh pish posh...Bobs getting old, I knew what it was the moment I saw it.!!!
Tighten up a few lines here and there and your in the park.......

Spyderbabe
11-25-2008, 10:00 PM
thanks Bizkit. Bob is probably not a morning person ;-)

tali
11-25-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm not a morning person either! Now that it's evening, you can rest assured that I REALLY REALLY like this (I know you've been dying to know ;) ) The backlighting is really well done, and I'm I'm sure that greensyster will be happy to see a "proper" sized painting. It's always so fun to look at your work.

greensyster
11-26-2008, 03:59 AM
Spyder - YOUR BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK! :)

I think so much time in the tiny world may need a work or two before youfully adjust BUT this one is WELL on the way - lovely light as air touches and I just love the colour scheme for the subject. I sorta wish Buddha could have his other ear not because I am a pedant but because ears are very import in that philosophy(it's not a religion as you know).

I am so happy - I want more more more!

You are so wonderfully qwaucky - tiny skyscrapers indeed! ROFLOL

Spyderbabe
11-26-2008, 03:44 PM
Tali - I did want to know! Thank you! and Marie, I couldnt SEE his other ear! It could have been a Vincent thing, maybe not. More and bigger? I'll get to work on it ;-)