GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Shortcut
Year Created:
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 20x24
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
A little test to see what would happen.<br>I used tissue paper glued onto canvas and then looked to see what was there.<br>This did not come out the way I thought it would, which is OK, because it was a surprise for me too.<br>Different from what I usually do which is more traditional most of the time.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
What do you think? Weird huh? Which is OK.

Becky Foster
11-24-2008, 09:42 PM
I like this a lot, very interesting to look at. I'm trying to figure out how you did it...do you mean you put tissue down first, then looked at it and let it speak to you and then painted over it? Or did you make imprints in glue with the tissue, lift it off and then painted on the glue? Or am I just totally misunderstanding? Just curious.

I really like this, the colors especially, glad you shared!
Becky

Bizkit
11-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Im pretty positive she actually glued tissue to the canvas and let it speak to her as you stated Beck...
Nice work, I like the colors youve choosen and subject matter as well, I think its a winner!

SandF
11-25-2008, 04:11 AM
I wadded up the tissue paper, unfolded it gently and put it down on the canvas where the glue was still wet. Then push it around a little with your fingers, be careful not to tear it, you will get interesting folds in the tissue. Then use a brush to put more glue on the top of the tissue. When the whole canvas is completely dry, check for places it might need to have more glue. Then look at it and see what it tells you it wants to be. Paint with acrylic paint and then I used a matte varnish.

SandF
11-25-2008, 04:12 AM
I want to thank you for your response, I am glad you liked it.