PDA

View Full Version : what do you think about this media ?

Hameed
11-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Hello dears
One of my 2007 experinces that i was trying to create a funny nice media, so i used some silkone and colors and play with it, it gave me nice look and i had decided to make some of the results to play with lights (such as lamp covers & partition panels) even when putting into windows it gives nice shadows into walls when light being reflected throw it, the 1st one (the small 2 circles) i called it Peacock birth i was trying to act it when it crushing the egg, hope hearing ur comments :)

ann chavez
11-19-2008, 08:31 AM
really interesting! is this silicone, or did i misinterpret? what sort of coloring agent/pigment did you use? how thick are they? i really love the orange one with the face!

thanks for sharing these--nice experiment!

Hameed
11-19-2008, 09:01 AM
really interesting! is this silicone, or did i misinterpret? what sort of coloring agent/pigment did you use? how thick are they? i really love the orange one with the face!

thanks for sharing these--nice experiment!

YES some with silicone, even u can use wood glue it depends on the effect which u like to create, coz coz sometimes the watermediums dosen't matching the water pigments only if u would like to create a loosy effects, i used differnt mediums some which i've created by my self to reach this effects so no agent, it has a different thicknesses but will be better to not be less than 3 mm, till one cm, even u can use it for many type of decorations, some i used for lamp covers and jewelry too, another advice that never putting the finished pecies over each others

Cyndi L
11-19-2008, 09:48 AM
How fascinating! I love the way these look...good for you, experimenting like that!! We're all about experimentation here in Mixed Media, so welcome :)

Hameed
11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
How fascinating! I love the way these look...good for you, experimenting like that!! We're all about experimentation here in Mixed Media, so welcome :)

THX CYNDI, will send more of different mixed media too

Printmakerguy
11-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Interesting work!

I know another artist that works with Silicone- But doesn't use color like you do...

I bet that these look interesting when lit differently- Especially from behind.

-Andrew

Hameed
11-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Interesting work!

I know another artist that works with Silicone- But doesn't use color like you do...

I bet that these look interesting when lit differently- Especially from behind.

-Andrew

It even looks more intersting when u putting a light source behind it :wink2:

laf.art
11-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi Hameed,
Really like what you've done here, very interesting use of materials. I've also just been looking at your work in watermedia,some gorgeous paintings, you are very talented

Hameed
11-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Hi Hameed,
Really like what you've done here, very interesting use of materials. I've also just been looking at your work in watermedia,some gorgeous paintings, you are very talented

Thx alot dear:)