PDA

View Full Version : Question about Levels of Membership

robertsloan2
10-22-2008, 06:20 AM
I am planning to join the Oil Pastel Society in January, since I read on the site that dues are always renewable in January.

What I'm curious about is the two higher levels of membership that are juried. When I join, can I send in images of paintings to be juried and find out what my dues are before I pay? Or is the process so long that I should just join as Associate, submit my art and then pay the balance at the time if raised in level?

Pat Isaac
10-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Hi robert,

You may send in an application along with 5 images for jurying as a professional member. After the decision you can either pay for professional membership or associate membership. The site has all the info. Does this answer your question?

Pat

robertsloan2
11-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks. I didn't know if I needed to have the slides ready before joining at all or if I could just pay up the difference at the time I got the decision. The site did answer that question after some hunting. Once I did get a raise in status of course every year after that dues are at the level I am.

Pat Isaac
11-11-2008, 04:50 PM
You could also just join as an associate with images for a gallery and then apply for pro membership later.

Pat

Scarefishcrow
11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Pat,
It takes some time to process the membership info and dues. It is so late in the year could Robert submit and indicate he is paying dues for 2009? I know it took several weeks to get everthing straightened out and recorded.

Just thought I would ask.

Bill

Pat Isaac
11-11-2008, 05:30 PM
I am checking that out as we speak.....:D

Pat

robertsloan2
11-14-2008, 12:49 AM
I am so glad to be in now! I think I'll wait to apply for pro membership till I'm past a couple of other expenses and have a few more of my best works. I've got two right now that I'd submit without hesitation, but that's not much compared to what I have planned. I'd rather have more than five good ones to choose from before I do that.