GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: So Goes The Day #2
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Other
Dimension: 20
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I posted this before and have tried to follow through on the suggestions I received. I hope to show the before image and the after. That's the plan, but I am a dumox when it comes to computers, so there is no telling what I will get.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Please tell me if you think I made any improvement or if it's even worse. All my paintings are in the beginners class so please don't hesitate to give honest opinions. I really learn best when I am trying to correct problems, and my hide is as thick as it gets.

JustjoGA
07-30-2002, 02:08 PM
One suggestion, Mary Ruth.... tone down the green a little, and add in some lavendar streaks... southwestern colors, Arizona sunset... gorgeous!

mustcreate
07-30-2002, 03:07 PM
When I opened up this thread I looked at the first image and my first thought was.....I need to see more detail in the foreground......then I saw the second image....viola!! there it was:) but I must say, the heavy clouds in the first image are ones I prefer....they really set the mood.

Mary Ruth
07-31-2002, 12:00 PM
Thanks much for the reply. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Been repairing strorm damage and not a whole lot of anything else.

Jo, I want to apologize for the bad color. Those streaks do have a green tinge in the actual painting, but not that jade green the image shows. I am going to have to get my son out again to try to train me on this darn photo thing. I wish I was a kid again. How do they master these electronic things so easily. I agree a bit of purple might add to the whole. Thanks for your help.

Emily, Thanks for your kind reply. I'm not sure which I liked best, the before or after. I did brighten the foreground and that does show up much better as you said. I think I'm going to start another similair painting and see if maybe it will come out better.
Thanks again.

Mary

Andrew
07-31-2002, 12:40 PM
but I like this one. The only thing that would make it better to my eye would be some zones of lighter value in the foreground. It feels to dark to me and loses a lot of the great dimensionality that the rocks make up.

Andrew

Mary Ruth
07-31-2002, 02:18 PM
Hi Andrew, I thank you very much for your comments. I sent out an SOS to my son and he stopped by this A.M. and took pictures for me. Took the paintings outside, and the colors are much more true to the actual painting. You may not like the new image as it is quite different.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/31-Jul-2002/sunsetAB.jpg

Pam B.
08-01-2002, 06:30 AM
a have to say that the first one was a little dark and the foreground needed work and your second posting to me was almost like two paintings joined together...... the sky as one and the lower section quite separate and a little muddy. The third one I really like. Wonderful luminosity, love the way the eye is drawn in to the distant hills, and like the reflected light on the rocks. :clap:

JustjoGA
08-01-2002, 08:40 AM
Yes... I can see the improvements... just a lovely, lovely painting... I don't miss Arizona, but I do miss the sunsets.
Excellent work, Mary Ruth...

jerryW
08-01-2002, 08:43 AM
the exciting shades of blue seem to be over colorful in the top. maybe if green-grayed a bit
the water could have the purple of the distant mountains