PDA

View Full Version : IAPS Web Exhibition (and I'm in it!)

Tatijana
10-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Because it seems to be more in my nature to be a lurker ( due to my poor writing and keyboarding skills) as well as being somewhat busy with other things I haven't been active on wetcanvas recently. Though I've really enjoyed going thru some of the recent activity - this is a great forum.

I did want to share with everyone the latest good news - "I AM the LOVE of HER life" (a painting of my muse - the one in my avatar) got juried into the IAPS web Show. I was proud to share him here in the spring and I'm happy to do so again.The title of the painting gives everyone an idea what he means to me. He and pastels came into my life at about the same time. It was pure pleasure to paint him and I guess something of that must have showed.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Oct-2008/65872-nessie.jpg

the link to the website
http://www.pastelinternational.com/COMPETITIONS/twelfth/twelfthjuried.html
It was a wonderful surprise and I'm very proud and happy to be included in this show.

But I found it strange that submittals to a web based show were by slides. Image quality would be(and was ) lost by rescanning. I understand that many still prefer to judge by slides and that is their choice, but if images are to be put online, it might be a good idea and easier/better for everyone to also ask for jpgs as well. It would be a benefit to both the society and the artist to have a high quality images online. I would have been happy to provide both - the slides and the image.

Potoma
10-16-2008, 01:38 PM
What a beautiful job! The fur just flows. (I really wanted to say hair!)

Deborah Secor
10-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Nice show and your painting looks great 'hanging' there! :thumbsup:

I really like this approach to painting animals--loose, free, expressive strokes and color that's vibrant and alive. Such a typical gesture and stance for these dogs, too!

Your scan here looks a lot fresher, I agree. Too bad they called for slides--that does seem rather odd to me, too. And the image is flipped over. It's obviously backwards there since your signature is flipped. (I'd ask them to correct that!)

Glad you shared the show with us. I need to go send some congratulations to a couple friends!

Deborah

robertsloan2
10-17-2008, 02:04 AM
Congratulations! Your portrait of your beloved pup is so powerful. I love the loose hairs flipping around his ears and the sweet look in his eyes. You have such an individual likeness with this portrait. Wonderful! I can see why your sweetie got accepted!

I enjoyed the whole show too, thanks for the link!