PDA

View Full Version : Here Goes Again

willcam
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
I tried posting this earlier as a response to another post - but got no response. I started the post with another picture - as an attempt to see whether artists would respond to each other with pictures rather than just words. It worked for two or three exchanges but then petered out. Guess I should have realized that after scrolling down a bit, we all really want some feedback on our own efforts, so why bury it in somebody else's post.

Anyway, I'd like some comment on this, especially on the subject matter. It's a watercolor called "A Walk in the Woods." I needed reference for the warthog and the butterflies, but for the most part, it's out of my head. It's one of those pictures where you start with something and then sort of let go of the steering wheel. Each element you lay in makes the picture look different, and suggests another idea. Most of my pictures are like this. When people ask me "What does it mean?" I have to confess I don't really know. I didn't intend it to "mean" anything. I'm often pleased when a viewer will then decide to tell me their interpretation!

Sorry that it's an attachment. Despite patient help from WC staff, I still cannot upload images into the message.

Again, all c & c, good and bad, appreciated!

Will

Eraethil
10-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Well, like some of your other viewers, I find your choice of subject matter thought provoking. (in a very good way)

This piece says something about young motherhood to me. I see a hard working mother, a child, and a father literally not pulling his own weight. Mom doesn't even notice the beauty around her anymore, she's so occupied by harsh responsibility.

wiscojaydub
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Reminds me of stuarthampton ....

vargamari
10-09-2008, 04:06 AM
I join to Rick: you expressed something subtle from some family...very well!
If you are interested to get even more feedback you should cross-post this also in Watercolor gallery; I'm sure they will like it! :)

:wave:

willcam
10-09-2008, 05:31 PM
Thank you all for your comments and insights. I looked up Stuart Hampton, and yes, I like his work. Maria, I'm taking your suggestion to post this on the watercolor gallery.