GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: From Within
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Board
Dimension: 4 ft x 2 ft
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
I just started painting again after a 5 year stretch of computer art. This piece I painted from a photograph that inspired me. The main image of my painting is a bit blurry. It's a video still that I was playing around with, and I have been looking for this type of forum... I found you guys! Finally! So, I'm eager to post something aftering acquiring my snazzy new membership. :)

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Comments? Would you consider this style of work to be eligable for gallery submission? What would be a good price for something this size (4ft x 2ft) and style? My thought was somewhere between $500 - $1500. That's a rather long range.... opinions?

jkschwehm
07-28-2002, 09:56 PM
I like the left side but the split image on the upper right does not seem to do anything for me? I also do not get missing face parts? But I do like the work generally and the subject matter. I think it takes guts to portray a woman tied up. But aren't they always in one form or another?
Possibly 2 shots of the face on the right would be better than one set of feets and face?
As far as prices I discovered one never knows what one receives for art.

mattlart
07-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Hi Amelia....:)

Scott (Mattlart) here.. thank you for your comments and critique on"Curtain Call"....

You ask if this is "gallery quality work"....(smile). It depends on the gallery. Virtually every work of art can find it's way into the right showplace.
Personally, I find this piece both interesting......and oddly disturbing. CERTAINLY ;),..two criteria that would interest certain gallery owners,..and potential buyers,..as well.
Please post more of your work as it comes along..Best Wishes,-Scott

DantesDaughter
07-29-2002, 12:56 AM
oh, the side images are just details of the main painting since it is so fuzzy. These were different video stills that I captured. Only one painting :) The colors look different because I was using different light settings on the camera. I suppose I should have doctored the colors to be the same using photoshop.

I didn't mean for the thoughts of a woman tied up to be the main focus. I suppose it is not normal for a female to be tied up... so that stands out.

Also, the missing face parts. It's interesting that you say that... no one else has. You're right, good eye... I haven't finished it yet :cat: I was debating on whether or not I should, but now with your comment... I think I should. I also want to make the hands look less like gloves.

My main focus for this piece was to try and get myself to use major difference in colors between the figure and the background. I love the background by the feet... that's why I detailed a close up of the feet with the shadow.

Thank you for the comments!

Amelia Kirkner
Atlanta, GA