PDA

View Full Version : A Way To Upload Your Images!

Tressa
10-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I am posting this link from BrianB as a shortcut to be able to post your pics since the image uploader is not working. The little paperclip is above left of the image icon in your msg window. Very simple instructions.

temporary work around. (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=522509)

Deborah Secor
10-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Problem: Uploader not working. Image not appearing in post. Having to click on links to get image.

Discovered this by trial and error and it seems to work. Hoping I won't always have to upload this way.....

1. Use the Manage Attachments button located below the message window to upload file from your computer. When done, close. This attaches a link but doesn't show unless the reader clicks on it.

2. Now click on the paperclip icon above the message window. A little pop-down will appear containing the image link you just finished creating. Click on that. The message box will now contain the text 6-digit number. That will appear as the image when you preview or post your message.

Good luck!:)

BrianB

Just thought I'd make this easier to find! :D

Testing, 1, 2...

Thanks, Tressa!

Deborah

Tressa
10-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Thank you Deborah!:angel:

robertsloan2
10-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Thank you! That helps so much. I've got it open on the side so I don't forget how to do it -- a few images from now and I'll be used to it.

Tracy Lang
10-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Works like a charm...thank you for posting this!

Tracy

bchlvr
10-06-2008, 08:33 PM
Thank you...having to click links to see anything has been taking away the fun! Glad we have a way around it!

Orchidacea
10-06-2008, 08:47 PM
That's great! I hate using Photobucket.

seosamhin
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, I tried the BrianB workaround but it did not work for me. For some reason I do not get any icons on top of my message box. I will wait until the uploader is working again.
Julia

Tracy Lang
10-06-2008, 11:07 PM
Julia,
Did you try it using the "Go Advanced" button as opposed to the "Post Quick Reply"? Many more options are available when you click on "Go Advanced".
Hope this helps!

Tracy

Tressa
10-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Well, just so you know, your icons are probably not working this morning, and the manage attachments is missing! At least they are for me, and lots of others on the site. So this is to let you know that is is not just you if it is happening!

bchlvr
10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
I was wondering what in the world is going on...if you go to the uploader you get a page that can not display...and like you said the manage attachements is missing. Seems like we are just not supposed to post paintings any longer.

Deborah Secor
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
testing again...1..2...

Okay, today I clicked on the Post Reply button. Then on the paper clip icon at the top, which oddly enough opened the manage attachments page. I chose a properly sized image and uploaded it. Closed the window. Then clicked on the paper clip icon again. There was a title, I clicked on it and voila!

Deborah

Kathryn Wilson
10-08-2008, 07:13 PM
I just used the Manage Attachments and got this.

Kathryn Wilson
10-08-2008, 07:14 PM
This is the way all images were uploaded previous to the upload mountain icon thingee. Whatever works!

Deborah Secor
10-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I didn't know that, Kat! Things are weeeeeiiird around here at the moment! But yah, whatever floats your boat--or in this case shows your painting!

Deborah

robertsloan2
10-08-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm getting used to the manage attachments. For a while I wasn't getting the paperclip icon at all, but then I looked at the icons and a toolbar above it had drop downs -- including "Attachments." I clicked on that and saw the title of my attachment and there went my Cheetahs sketch into its thread.

Deborah, off topic, I love that landscape and especially the ripples in the water. I think I fazed out and stared at that water for about five minutes before remembering the topic and that I wanted to read the rest of the thread.

Kathryn, as soon as I wrenched my eyes out of Deborah's water, I wound up glued to your autumn gold and blue landscape in much the same way.

Both of your images rock, absolutely rock. I'm so glad the runaround works. Seeing images like these are what's been force-growing my pastels skills!