PDA

View Full Version : S&T Saturday, October 4, 2008

Gypsy*
10-04-2008, 05:51 AM
Good Morning!

Another SIL set, she sent me 4 strands of moss agate, and the ceramic focal. Added is howlite turquoise, seed beads, and the metals are a combo of gf (mine) and plated (her). The request was, “Long necklace, earrings, and a bracelet”. I don’t particularly like this one, but maybe she will...

ann chavez
10-04-2008, 08:20 AM
i think it's lovely, Sylvia! how long is the necklace?

i've added pieces to our photobucket album. again, these are my original artworks painted by hand on porcelain medallions i've made, and strung with glass and earthenware beads that i've made as well as with seed beads and swarovski crystals. the latest 3 pieces incorporate my handmade sterling silver beadcaps.

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f61/lachavez/jackalope%20jewels/

Gypsy*
10-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Thank you, Ann! I had to go measure, it's 30" long without the pendant. If it's too long, I can shorten it, but don't want to restring it. She usually takes whatever length I make. She's a little lady, size 4. There's another stone in there too, 10mm, but I don't know what it is.

carebear
10-04-2008, 10:56 AM
morning all...

sylvia...i'm sure she'll love it!!! long necklaces are so "in" right now too!

ann....beautiful work as always....are the first 3 the new ones or the last 3? either way i always love your mix of colors..super neat!

from me today, our local university is having their homecoming, so i made a pendant (sold 3 of the tornado pendants last night) and a blue dragon vein bracelet as well!

carrie

gbot
10-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Sylvia, Thats a lovely set!!! I want to be your SIL too!!!! LOL! She is so lucky to have you. Love that focal bead, it sets everything right off.

Carrie, You just keep knocking them out! We are having customer service week at work next week and I made two college themed bracelets. They turned out really cool, now everyone that has seen them tells me I should make more, that they'd be such a big seller. So I'm off to the store today to buy more russian jade (hunter green) beads. I'll make a few and see.

Ann, I peeked at you photo bucket, your work is exquisite! I love the pendants, each are so colorful.

I'm finally getting back into making jewelry after a long layoff. Nice to be productive again. Hope to get pictures taken so I can share. Have a great weekend everyone.

ann chavez
10-04-2008, 07:49 PM
thanks for the compliments and for looking at my work.

Carrie--i'm not sure how they are arranged, but i think it's the first three that are the most recent--it would be stepping woman, revised watching woman, and revised wiggling woman.

love your blue bracelet!

Gypsy*
10-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Ann, I particularly like your “carnelian hills” necklace, lovely! They all are, especially your newer ones!

Carrie, You have a knack for knowing what you customer will buy, or maybe you’re just that lucky! Very nice, as always, but the color on the bracelet is gorgeous!

Gladys, SIL bought that ceramic focal when she was down here from NY, and she picked up the moss agate near where she lives. I’m getting tired of being her private designer, giving her free labor, however. Can’t wait to see what you make!

Ritazart
10-05-2008, 02:00 AM
Sylvia, I think your long necklace is beautiful. I am sure your SIL will think so, too.

Ann, Great job on those pendants and necklaces!!! Love all the purples.

Carrie, I couldn't get the photos to open, but the BVU pendant looks great, and I love the blue dragonvein agate!!!