PDA

View Full Version : WAF - October 3rd - 24th: DOORS

TheBlueBetween
10-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes, Doors! What can you do with doors? (Or windows even?) Will your doors open? Or be shut tight, locked up, no key? Does your door hide a view or frame it? Where will your doors take you? Show us!

Anything wearable or almost-wearable...

More inspiration, check out these necklaces:
http://www.millori.com/ShopNecklaces.html

claire.c
10-03-2008, 01:36 PM
Doors were my very first project inspiration at college! I'll have to see if I can find the drawings because if I just posted the piece nobody would connect it with doors.

Lovely inspiration, something for everyone there.

Ritazart
10-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Pam, the doors are wonderful. I love the necklace inspirations, too. What a fun WAF. I have several ideas already percolating in my brain. :D Sounds painful, doesn't it!!??

TheBlueBetween
10-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Yay Rita, hope it's not painful at all and only fun ;)

Claire, have you found your drawings?

Here is more inspiration - a lampwork tutorial by Jennifer Geldard (her window beads)
http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=10809098

:)

claire.c
10-07-2008, 04:11 PM
OK, here they are, not very good pics so I hope you can make out what was going on. The assignment was to draw from life or in this case sketch from a photograph a variety of doors and their surrounding architecture. Then to develop design elements from these to come up with a design suitable for a pierced work bangle. I haven't tried to photograph the development stage as it is hard to follow and not very strong pencil. But I think you can see what I used for the design.

Aaargh, I tried to follow the instructions but the paperclip didn't do its stuff - is this retribution for all the times I have gleefully deleted the Microsoft paperclip? Oh, :clap: it seems to have worked anway!

And Pam, this isn't an official entry OK, just for show.

Ritazart
10-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Claire, That is lovely!!!! What a fantastic design!!

TheBlueBetween
10-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Claire, that's great! It's very fun to see all the work that went into designing it too - thanks you :)

TheBlueBetween
10-14-2008, 08:27 PM
Anyone having any luck with this one??? I know I'm swamped with all the other life stuff going on right now and have not made it to the studio - would anyone like me to extend this a week?

Ritazart
10-14-2008, 09:14 PM
I would love you to extend it. I have some cool ideas, just haven't had a time to get going on it!!!!

TheBlueBetween
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Rita, anything for you! LOL, I'll put it out to the... 23rd, is that ok? I'm flying out the next day so I can set a poll up the day I leave and then it will be all voted on when I get back. Either that or I can put it out to the 28th when I get back. Preference?

Ritazart
10-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Okay either way by me. Anybody else???

Andee
10-15-2008, 01:13 PM
Pam - love that collage, there are some really great photos in there. I'll give it a try over the weekend, maybe I can come up with something. (I can jump in to posting the poll if needed.)

Claire - great work, but I'm even more impressed with your drawing!

TheBlueBetween
10-15-2008, 01:27 PM
OK then I'll push it out to the 24th and Andee can set up the poll! Yay :) Thanks Andee - hope you get to make something!

Shadesongs
10-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Claire, That is so cool to sketch it out first, very sharp!
This is a charm bracelet I did for a lady going through some changes in her life. Hope you like it, sorry about the photos!
Jerry

TheBlueBetween
10-15-2008, 03:02 PM
oooh, very cool Jerry!

Ritazart
10-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Jerry, That charm bracelet is soooo perfect!!!! Love it!!!

Andee
10-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Jerry - how wonderful, and absolutely perfect for this WAF! :clap:

TheBlueBetween
10-24-2008, 12:48 PM
I'm so bummed I didn't get to lay with this one! I'm going to when I get home, even though it's going to be over with.

Speaking of - Unless someone else posts, I declare Jerry the winner here! It's a great bracelet and a perfect fit! (Of course if someone else posts something, Andee can make a voting poll. Thanks Andee!)

xoxo

claire.c
10-24-2008, 12:56 PM
I'm really sorry I couldn't contribute either, but Jerry is a worthy winner, I love all those door and window vignettes.

Shadesongs
10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
AH, Thank you, can I have a day or two to come up with an idea?
Jerry