PDA

View Full Version : The Art Crawl this past weekend

Shellee
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I participated in the 4th annual Sheyenne By-Way Artist Crawl this past weekend. There were 8 studios plus three artists located in the art department at VCSU. My major role in the crawl was to demonstrate and talk about soft pastels as an art medium. The attendance was way down from previous years but I had a wonderful time and was invited to participate in several future exhibitions and was asked to teach some workshops on the polymer clay (a medium I have worked with for over 18 years).

I sold a few pc pieces and to my surprise, two pieces of pastel work! One was a demo piece I did on Saturday for a group of students. The other was a piece I did earlier this month that I did not care for but decided at the last minute to mat it and take it, lesson learned! My art mentor who was my past school adviser and art professor really liked the direction of my present work and encouraged me greatly to continue with the simple still live studies from observation.

Here is a photo of part of my display. up.http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2008/39892-DSC01508.JPG

This is a photo of my demo area
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/30-Sep-2008/39892-DSC01509.JPG

The pastel forum on wet canvas has been a great support and resource for me the past couple of months. I wouldn't have been as prepared for this event with out it. I was able to find threads on things I needed information on, helped me to set, commit to and reach goals, and greatly encouraged me.

THANK-YOU!
Shellee

Dougwas
09-30-2008, 04:20 PM
It sounds like you had a great weekend Shellee. Your paintings look great framed and matted. It is also great that you are passing on what can be done with a medium that so few know about.

I agree with you about the info and all the helpful people here. I think I would have given up on art a long time ago if I hadn't discovered WC.

Keep up the great work Shellee.

Doug

Colorix
09-30-2008, 06:12 PM
That's great, just great, Shellee! Your paintings look wonderful framed and matted, and I drool over your jewellery, not to mention your work-space! First I saw only the delicious collection of pastels, but then I discovered the horse and tuba in the bg -- they just beg to be painted!

Hooray to the sales and invitations! You go, girl!!!

Dot Hoffman
09-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Shellee, how WONDERFUL! You must be on cloud 9 :clap: :clap:

M Douglas
10-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Congrats on your sales Shellee and the invitations for future shows.

Melodie