PDA

View Full Version : trees on river landscape (in progress)

mcknight
07-27-2002, 09:10 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-27-2002/1277_treesonriver.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: trees on river landscape (in progress)
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Oil
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 22x28
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Here's a landscape from a photo I took a couple years ago. I think I'm about halfway done.

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

mattlart
07-28-2002, 12:04 AM
Looks like agood job so far....don't know what you're planning on doing to complete this,....but I wonder if some "softer",..indistinct slender branches painted in behind the forground trees might give this a nice feeling.
I'd like to see this when it's done...:p Cheers,-Scott

jkschwehm
07-28-2002, 10:30 AM
I like the composition. In fact I have one similiar from a photo I took of my canoe amongst trees in a bayou.

I think more detail will allow me to comment further.

jerryW
07-28-2002, 11:02 AM
wonderfully flowingly complex
(hows the baby?)

mcknight
07-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by mattlart
Looks like agood job so far....don't know what you're planning on doing to complete this,....but I wonder if some "softer",..indistinct slender branches painted in behind the forground trees might give this a nice feeling.
I'd like to see this when it's done...:p Cheers,-Scott

Those "indistinct slender branches" are indeed part of the picture that I intend to add with the detail. Thanks for the comments.

Dave

mcknight
07-28-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by jkschwehm
I like the composition. In fact I have one similiar from a photo I took of my canoe amongst trees in a bayou.

I think more detail will allow me to comment further.

Thanks. The detail is the next step...

Dave

mcknight
07-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by jerryW
wonderfully flowingly complex
(hows the baby?)

Thanks Jerry.

Ian is awesome! Parenthood is great... just becomes hard to find time I can paint.

Dave

giniaad
07-28-2002, 05:27 PM
this is coming along nicely...
love the lighting and the colors
composition does flow well...

congrats on the baby...

mcknight
07-28-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by giniaad
this is coming along nicely...
love the lighting and the colors
composition does flow well...

congrats on the baby...

Thanks giniaad!

The baby is actually a toddler now, but I still like to think of him as a baby :)

BTW: Nice website - love your paintings!

Dave

Pam B.
07-28-2002, 09:56 PM
I really like the surreal look here. I wonder if ther should be a little more depth to the water, but ..hey this is great and you obviously have a feel for where you're going here. Look forward to seeing your finished one.;)

mcknight
07-29-2002, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Pam B.
I really like the surreal look here. I wonder if ther should be a little more depth to the water, but ..hey this is great and you obviously have a feel for where you're going here. Look forward to seeing your finished one.;)

Thanks for the comments. The water and background rocks are far from being complete so you should see more depth in the finished one.

Dave

giniaad
07-29-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by mcknight

Thanks giniaad!

The baby is actually a toddler now, but I still like to think of him as a baby :)

BTW: Nice website - love your paintings!

Dave

Thanks Dave...I appreciate you letting me know...

and, news flash, you will always think of your children as your babies...no matter how old they get...it's a "love thing"...;)