PDA

View Full Version : (update) The Evenings Light

MCARTERMLB
09-19-2008, 10:03 PM
Ok, here is an update for those of you who have seen the first, and i'm still not done. Not really any detail just kind of threw things in trying to get an idea. I was to the point of gessoing over it and starting new but, I think i'll mess with it a bit more. Oh, and the photo is'nt blury the trees are just not done and the effect of the paint is giving a blury appearence.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2008/131792-Copy_1_of_THE_EVENINGS_LIGHT_UPDATE.jpg

amotwell
09-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Wow. You've made quite a few changes to this! I think it's a substantial improvement, though I miss a few things I liked in the previous version. I'm really impressed with the colors; I'd have no idea where to start color wise for a night scene.

CamiTampa
09-20-2008, 12:15 AM
The church (and other buildings,) are substantially smaller than the trees in the same range of distance. This has the makings of a fine painting when you get the perspective right.

susme48
09-20-2008, 12:33 AM
Not totally sure....but I think I like this one best!

MCARTERMLB
09-20-2008, 01:28 AM
Thanks everyone and your absolutely correct Cami. The trees were actually supposed to be closer but I have changed things alot and that is something I need to fix. Thanks again.

ExpressiveAngie
09-20-2008, 08:12 AM
I've never painted a successful night time scene, and you have managed it quite nicely. I feel the cold, quiet stillness :thumbsup: