PDA

View Full Version : It's been 6 months!! ...UPDATE

amaze_1101
09-17-2008, 04:24 AM
Hi guys
Well I can't believe I'm actually back posting a thread. :eek: I've had a real bad case of lost muse for 6 months, mainly due to a lifestyle change that's taking place oh so slowly. Yes, we're moving to Perth, Australia in January. Hubby left 7 weeks ago to begin work while I remain here in New Zealand until the kids see out the school year, which ends in December. Not sure I like hubby being so far away but we talk every night by phone and text during the day so it isn't so bad.

All this time not being able to paint anything was starting to bother me but my mind had been too clogged with the Aussie venture and getting used to life without hubby around. Then 3 weeks ago I got a call from an out of town gallery wanting to show my work. They accepted 6 of the 7 works I took in last week, and they sold the first one on saturday. I was real pleased. That same week my hubbys ex boss commissioned me to do a work for him, so I'm inspired and back in the studio at last.
So I've begun work on the last of my unfinished Dance series to begin with. It's a 1/3 of the way through and I'm really enjoying it. Not too complicated either, which is good as I'm slightly rusty. Once that's done I'll start on the new commission.

Aaahhhh.... It's great to feel that paint smear across the canvas again. :clap: I'll post a pic when finished. In the mean time I'll pop back and try and catch up on whats on show here at WetC. Hope everyone is well and still happily painting away.

Nice to be back chums :wave:

Lulu
09-17-2008, 05:10 AM
Elaine!!!!:grouphug: :grouphug: GREAT to see you here g/f!!!
And pleeeeeeease don't go off to Oz until after I've been to Chch in January:eek: Really really going to miss you, but so glad that things are moving along and you are painting again! look forward to seeing the latest.
And where is the gallery selling your work?

Linee
09-17-2008, 05:49 AM
Elaine, so nice to see you. It's good to hear an update. I'll be thinking of you as you make this life transition. Keep painting when you can. Will look forward to seeing your current project when you get a chance to post it. Congrats on the gallery and sale in the midst of it all. :)

howyadoin
09-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Welcome back. Sounds like you've got lotsa good things happening.

Roger Evans
09-17-2008, 08:19 AM
Hellllloooooo! Nice to have you back.

Roger

Katwyld
09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Wow, insanity! Good luck with all of it (I know the 'without hubby thing), and welcome back! Can't wait to see what you've been working on...

LavenderFrost
09-17-2008, 12:45 PM
So nice to see you back Elaine, and I can't wait to amazed again!

susme48
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Welcome back Elaine!! Congrats and good luck with the move! I too understand the 'without hubby' thing...as mine is only here a few days a month....thank god for cell phones!! That and the internet keep us in touch!!

Looking forward to seeing your new stuff!!

amaze_1101
09-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome back guys.

Lulu the gallery is Ice House in Methven. Gateway to Mt Hutt, so plenty of people flowing through at this time of year. I've booked the 'wall' in Annies Restaurant at the Arts centre for November too, which is where the dance series will show. I'm excited about Annies as both previous times I've shown there I've sold.
When are you coming down in January? We are most likey leaving early Jan so the kids have a few weeks to settle before they start the new aussie school year. Maybe I'll get a trip up your way before I leave. I have often said I'd do that. Will try to work it in, then I can see Ruth as well perhaps. ...???...

Charlie's Mum
09-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Welcome back Elaine - you have been missed!

I'm so pleased for you that you're back painting too - and commissions to boot! Yippee - that'll keep you out of mischief!;)

Moving to another country is a big step and I hope all goes smoothly for you all - then you'll soon be finding Aussie galleries for your work :thumbsup:

If you do see Ruth - please give her my love - I miss her too!

MrsG_SoCal
09-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Welcome back and can't wait to see your work again!

I'm in the middle of a dry spell too because of a move. Well, we've moved but now I have to unpack all my supplies! :rolleyes:

Margaret 59
09-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Good to see you back Elaine and looking forward to seeing your paintings!
Perth is lovely - we have family there and I'm sure you'll really enjoy it.