PDA

View Full Version : Pastel Forum News And Happenings

Kathryn Wilson
09-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Hi Gang! News from the Pastel Staff!Things have been getting a little "same old stuff" around here and the Pastel Forum Staff would like to kick it up a notch with some new ideas and challenges for you to participate in. But first we need your feedback.

===================

REOCCURRING THREADS
We have several reoccurring regular threads such as the Weekly Sketch Thread, Monthly Goal Posts, Weekly Scumble, and Monthly Pastel Strokes.

1. What do you like about the forum's regular threads? What could be improved or included to make them even better?

2. What would YOU like to see happen in the forum (within the bounds of the forum descriptions)? (please read through our suggestions first, then comment)

====================

MONTHLY CLASSROOMS
We are planning to have Classrooms with the following subjects:
Animal Portraits (Kate Green)
Grasses (Paula Ford)
Atmosphere (clouds, fog, rain, mist)(Kathryn)
Trees
Rocks
Still Life (Colorix)
Florals (both grouped and macro)
Glass (Kim)
Snow (Deborah Secor)
Portraits DAK (Don)

====================

CHALLENGES

===================

HOW YOU CAN HELP

We would like to ask for your help in some of our projects - if we are to continue the Pastel Strokes, we need monthly hosts; if you feel qualified to TEACH a Classroom (some are still needing a teacher), or want to volunteer to develop a new reoccuring thread, HERE IS HOW TO VOLUNTEER:

PM me with your requests and I will build a list that will eventually be posted on the forum when we get enough volunteers and what they want to do. If we keep all the requests in one place, it will be easy for you to look to see where your help is needed.

We also have the Project and Article Publishing systems and we are looking for people who would like to get involved in those. They do take a bit more planning and writing than the other threads, so this will necessitate being in close contact with one of the Moderators to help you find your way, but they are very rewarding to do.

====================

VOLUNTEER LIST - 2009 for either a Riot or a Strokes
Pastel Strokes - February (Judy Webber)
Pastel Strokes - March (Binkie)
Pastel Strokes - April (Semele)

====================

LIBRARY
Now, let's talk about the Library. It has been quite a project for Kate and me, but we've come up with some new changes that will be very effective in your finding the threads you need to review. When all is said and done, the Library will be no more - but replaced with sub-Libraries - each with it's own speciality. Kate and I have gone through most of the Library and sorted through the threads and moved them into the sub-libraries - but we still have to complete going through Pastel Talk threads (60 percent done) and the Gallery (0 percent done).

Keep in mind please that we went back to the very beginning so we didn't lose any of the important threads - so a review of each thread has been time consuming.

We will finish up on the Library soon - close it permanently, open up the sub-libraries, and then continue our work. The recent outage of Wet Canvas and all the bugs from the server switchover has kept us from doing this for the whole summer. So your patience is appreciated.

===================

Thanks for your participation in the best forum on Wet Canvas!

K Taylor-Green
09-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Kat, this all looks wonderful! Hopefully, some members will stop in soon and let us know what they think of our new ideas!

bchlvr
09-16-2008, 08:04 PM
All looks great to me...looking forward to it. I especially like the classrooms and the challenges!

Dougwas
09-16-2008, 08:44 PM
This looks great to me. I am looking forward to the classes and the new challenges.

I would hope we could keep the Weekly Sketch Thread if Paula is willing. Lately we have been doing themes for the week and I think most people enjoy the challenge. Others can still sketch what they want to so it's still open to anybody and anything. We seem to be getting more new people submitting since we went with a theme. Anything to help get people out of lurking and into painting.

I would like to thank all the Pastel Staff for their hard work they do around here. I am looking forward to the improvements.

Doug

Donna T
09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks Kat, for helping to make all of this possible. I look forward to the classrooms - I appreciate any and all kind of pastel education and information. Thanks in advance to all of the wonderful people who share their knowledge so willingly here. :thumbsup:

Donna

claydesigner2156
09-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Hi Kathryn,

Back in the pastels again. I just did the Weekly pastel thread on "rocks" Loved it. I do like the idea of a theme...pushes me some. I found some marvelous rock pictures in the library. How long will it be down? May have to search it all...before its gone.

An aside...the Sanford gallery is set to open October 11th!!!!

Yvonne
The happiest people don't always have everything. They just make the most of everything they have!

Kathryn Wilson
09-17-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi Yvonne! The Library we are talking about is the Pastel Library - the image library is for all of Wet Canvas and that is not going away. I think there would be a Riot if it did!

Judibelle
09-17-2008, 08:41 AM
WOW,,,some more exciting things happening here! I love the recurring threads, the themes (which give me inspiration), the classes (I need classes in almost everything...), the challenges...EVERYTHING!
So grateful to you both for all the hard work you have put into this.
Looking forward to 'looking forward.'...
Judibelle

scall0way
09-17-2008, 01:10 PM
This all looks so exciting. I love many of these features, even if I don't always (or hardly ever, lately, it seems) get to participate in them. I have not been to the Weekly Sketch lately so didn't know they were doing "themes". I love the idea of a project that has a "theme" (like rocks, as someone said) bu where you can use your own photo reference as opposed to working with a photo that is provided.

I love the classroom ideas too, and would even like to see subjects like: Water, Glass, Metals. Maybe that's being too specific. No way can I volunteer to *teach* anything, but I'd like to hope I could participate as a learner.

Projects can be fun too. I used to love the montly project where people signed up for a small "piece" of a picture, and you were supposed to copy it as exactly as possible, and then at the end of the month all the pieces would be put together, like a mosaic, forming a single large image. But no one (except the moderator) knew what the large image was until you saw the finished project. That was a lot of fun. I'd even be willing to host a project like that - except I don't have a clue about how you would take an initial image then manage to cut it up into so many perfect squares. I have not found any way to do something like that with any of the software that *I* have!

Wetcanvas is just so "big" that I rarely venture outside the Pastels area. I like being among people who share my love of the medium. If I wandered too far afield I'd never have time in the day for anything else, so I love having so many options right here.

Hmm, well if I think of more to say I'll post again.

Kathryn Wilson
09-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi Debbie - thanks for stopping by - funny you should ask about the pastel puzzel project - someone has volunteered her time to host one, but not sure if she has the software to do it. We'll see if she comes up with it.

Kathryn Wilson
09-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Would anybody be interested in a Halloween theme? It could be lots of fun - nothing serious to be posted - just wild and crazy!

K Taylor-Green
09-17-2008, 01:26 PM
I love the idea of a Halloween theme! And didn't we do something once where we did quick sketches and members guessed the song the little painting represented? That one was a hoot!

Paula Ford
09-17-2008, 01:33 PM
I'd love a Halloween theme also!! That sounds like so much fun.

Kathryn Wilson
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
It sounds like a Pastel RIOT is a go - I will set it up and do it in place of a Pastel Strokes. Get ready with your goblins, spooks, ghosts, black cats, yellow moons and scarecrows .... ooops, and witchie poos too.

Punky2
09-17-2008, 09:25 PM
First - thank you to all of the Moderators and Guides for your hard work and effort. It is much appreciated.

Now - this is so cool!
I love the idea of the challenges and classrooms.
I can't comment on the Weekly Sketch Thread, Monthly Goal Posts, Weekly Scumble, and Monthly Pastel Strokes because I've never participated (bad on me :( )

Kat, I'm not sure if you're looking for us to add some of our ideas, so if not, just ignore these:

1. After the Pastel 100 entry deadline has passed, ask people to submit to a moderator the paintings that they submitted to the Pastel 100. The moderator can then show all of the paintings without the artists' names and we have a mini competition (no prizes) by voting.

2. Take any recent award show, like the PSA one that just occurred, and have a discussion as to why people think the award winners were chosen. For instance, in the thread about the PSA show in Pastel talk, alot of people didn't like the realism of the award winners. People already kind of voted on the ones that they liked best, but why did the ones that won, win? (I always want to know that - why did that painting win? Was it color, compositon, expression, etc.?)

3. Have a monthly classroom thing of some sort where paintings by live or fairly current artists (not old masters - nothing against them, just nice to discuss more current works) are taken apart as to why they work, or not. Each month can be a different subject, like landscapes, portraits, etc.

If these are bad ideas, that's OK, just toss them.

Terri

gourdburner
09-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I love the idea of classrooms as I want to learn all I can. The sketch thread is great already and challenges would be great too. Looks like a lot of great stuff is in the works for this forum. Thanks for all the hard work in putting these together. I'm looking forward to all of it.

Tracy Lang
09-17-2008, 10:27 PM
Can't wait for the Halloween riot!!!
I always enjoy reading the strokes, scumble and sketch threads even though I can't always participate.
The addition of monthly classrooms is brilliant and I am really looking forward to that. How about adding a classroom for figures/portraits/people in paintings to the list?

Thank you all for your hard work...the Pastel forum is the best!!!

Tracy

Kathryn Wilson
09-18-2008, 12:36 AM
We'd love to add figures/portraits/people - but no one has come forward to volunteer to teach the class - and none of us feel qualified.

Just to update:

We have a Pastel Riot for October - "Halloween" (Kate)
We have a Pastel PUZZLE Project for November - "Pumpkins" (Christy)

Tracy Lang has volunteered to host either a Riot or a Strokes

And Charlie (Colorix) will host a Still Life Classroom

Colorix
09-18-2008, 07:10 AM
Hi, Ok, now it is official, announced. :-) My class will be about glorious colour used to build light and form in still-lifes, but the general idea is applicable to any subject. Still-lifes are *fun* to paint, at least this way, when looking for colour and not for objects as such.

Suggestion: Would be great if there were to be a landscape class, later, integrating rocks/trees/grass/water to a whole.

Leaders, thank you so much for the work on the Library. Just to imagine looking through all threads is mind-bogging, such a daunting task!

And thank you for the 'transfusion' of life/vigor/interest into the forum with the new projects/Classrooms/etc.

Charlie

Kathryn Wilson
09-18-2008, 10:17 AM
You're welcome Charlie!
-----------------------

If you've ever wanted to give back to a community that has breathed life into your art, helped you learn a technique, or provided you with interaction with other artists --- NOW is the time to do it. We still need volunteers to host monthly threads starting in January. It's easy to do - and believe me when I say, you will benefit way more than you can imagine.

I've been a Guide and then a Mod for almost my whole time on Wet Canvas and I can truly say I have received more back than I have given in helping out here in the soft and oil pastel forums.

Paula Ford
09-18-2008, 10:21 AM
You're welcome Charlie!
-----------------------

If you've ever wanted to give back to a community that has breathed life into your art, helped you learn a technique, or provided you with interaction with other artists --- NOW is the time to do it. We still need volunteers to host monthly threads starting in January. It's easy to do - and believe me when I say, you will benefit way more than you can imagine.

I've been a Guide and then a Mod for almost my whole time on Wet Canvas and I can truly say I have received more back than I have given in helping out here in the soft and oil pastel forums.

I 2nd that!!

Colorix
09-18-2008, 10:42 AM
In Swedish, we have an alliterating saying: Man lär så länge man lever meaning (and all the 'l's work in English too!) "As long as you live you learn". In a very true play on words, the saying is seriously jokingly turned into: "As long as you have students, you'll learn" (Man lär så länge som man har elever)

It is so true, because when you can explain, or show, it to others in such a way that they can grasp it, *then* you *really* know. So, if you really want to learn, teach a class! I promise great development to yourself. Never taught before? Don't let that hold you back, there has to be a first time, and where better to start than on this forum, where you have *time* to compose a reply before you post it!

Kathryn, hope you get so many volunteers that a waiting list will be necessary!

snowfall
09-18-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm really looking forward to all the new classroom suggestions - especially the animal one, but saying that I need to take a class in everything.
Thanks to everyone involved with WC for all their hard work, it is such a fantastic website (and it is about to get even better)!

Pam

DocBoots
09-18-2008, 06:52 PM
Thanks to everyone involved with WC for all their hard work, it is such a fantastic website (and it is about to get even better)!

I second that!!!

~~ Boots ~~

ChristyLB
09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
I know I'm still pretty new here, but I just want to say thanks to everyone for their hard work! I love this forum, it's already very inspiring, and obviously will be getting even better.

Adriana Meiss
09-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Kathryn,
I just wanted to say thanks to you and Karen for doing this.
I'll be looking forward for the classes and the challenges.

JWebber
09-19-2008, 01:09 PM
Ditto on Terri's suggestions, they are brilliant!

I like WC for its educational value, I post my paintings to get hard c&c and it has been invaluable. I love the posts of teachers like Dianna Ponting, Kim Lord and Deborah Secor.

If there was a thread where you could post your work to get serious C&C I would be there. Sometimes I wonder if others are not sure if it would be kind to critique and usually I regret it the minute I do as well. Yet, I would love to give that input for the only purpose of making a good painting even better, the very purpose I post my work.

Just my 2cents!! Cheers!

Kathryn Wilson
09-19-2008, 01:17 PM
If there was a thread where you could post your work to get serious C&C I would be there. Sometimes I wonder if others are not sure if it would be kind to critique and usually I regret it the minute I do as well. Yet, I would love to give that input for the only purpose of making a good painting even better, the very purpose I post my work.

Just my 2cents!! Cheers!

Hi Judy! Thanks for you input on critiquing in this forum - have you read the sticky that gives suggestions on how to critique - everyone should and if they feel they understand those suggestions, there shouldn't be any hard feelings.

But, if you really want a hard critique, we have two forums for that on Wet Canvas - you can find them in the Forum directory - I've been there a few times with something I needed a hard critique on and they helped me tremendously, but it is not for the faint of heart. :D

JWebber
09-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Hi Judy! Thanks for you input on critiquing in this forum - have you read the sticky that gives suggestions on how to critique - everyone should and if they feel they understand those suggestions, there shouldn't be any hard feelings.

But, if you really want a hard critique, we have two forums for that on Wet Canvas - you can find them in the Forum directory - I've been there a few times with something I needed a hard critique on and they helped me tremendously, but it is not for the faint of heart. :D

Thanks Kathryn, I will look for those. I have found a workshop teacher never holds back and I gladly pay for that!

On Volunteering, if I thought I had enough skill in any area to teach I would volunteer. But if you want a leader for a thread like the monthly painting projects, I would be happy to do a few each year. I have some photos that I think would be great fun!

Kathryn Wilson
09-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I will gladly put you on the list for 2009 for either a Pastel Riot or a Pastel Strokes - both are fun and real easy to do.

Thanks for volunteering!

Kathryn Wilson
09-19-2008, 08:28 PM
First - thank you to all of the Moderators and Guides for your hard work and effort. It is much appreciated.

Now - this is so cool!
I love the idea of the challenges and classrooms.
I can't comment on the Weekly Sketch Thread, Monthly Goal Posts, Weekly Scumble, and Monthly Pastel Strokes because I've never participated (bad on me :( )

Kat, I'm not sure if you're looking for us to add some of our ideas, so if not, just ignore these:

1. After the Pastel 100 entry deadline has passed, ask people to submit to a moderator the paintings that they submitted to the Pastel 100. The moderator can then show all of the paintings without the artists' names and we have a mini competition (no prizes) by voting.

2. Take any recent award show, like the PSA one that just occurred, and have a discussion as to why people think the award winners were chosen. For instance, in the thread about the PSA show in Pastel talk, alot of people didn't like the realism of the award winners. People already kind of voted on the ones that they liked best, but why did the ones that won, win? (I always want to know that - why did that painting win? Was it color, compositon, expression, etc.?)

3. Have a monthly classroom thing of some sort where paintings by live or fairly current artists (not old masters - nothing against them, just nice to discuss more current works) are taken apart as to why they work, or not. Each month can be a different subject, like landscapes, portraits, etc.

If these are bad ideas, that's OK, just toss them.

Terri

Terri - of course we are looking for ideas - this is YOUR forum. I was hoping more ideas would be forthcoming.

If members would like to do something along the lines your suggestions, we need to hear how they feel about them - pro and con. Critiquing is a fine art!

vmiller
09-21-2008, 08:27 AM
Hi all! I supose I'm still a newbie, since I have been away for a long time.
I think nearly a year since I was active. Any how I think all the ideas are all great. If you still need help with the jigsaw puzzle splitting up, I can help, but I don't think I am ready to tutor. I still need a tutor myself. What about a round robin? Where each group member sends a picture and after round one will also receive a scan of a finished picture from another member (over the net of course) at specific dates to the next in the circle, where that person paints their version. We would be able to learn a lot from seeing how others interpret and paint the same image.
Vicki

Tressa
09-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Some great ideas coming in! Keep them coming!!!!

Artistammy
09-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I love the Scumble. I haven't been able to make any artist friends where I live so I like connecting in that way. I also love the classroom & challenge things. Even when I don't have time to participate, I like to read the threads & learning that way.
Tammy

CM Neidhofer
09-29-2008, 09:44 PM
How about a "sticky" thread of art shows and competitions? Not everyone subscribes to Pastel Journal or Artists Magazine, or any of the other lists that contain this information. Someone in charge of listing competitions advertised in the magazines, or any other info anyone else can post regarding competitions and/or shows?? Just a thought as I see these notices posted sporadically through the forum.

Christine

Semele
10-03-2008, 11:23 PM
I'd be willing to volunteer to host things that involve coming up with ideas or photos, like the Pastel Strokes. I'd also be willing to host a project as long as I don't have to teach and if someone explains the whole thing to me.

I have a great deal of experience with drawing but am reasonably new to pastels, so I'm not the person to be teaching in the forum.

I haven't really even begun to participate in WetCanvas, but still, much thanks to those who are working so hard to improve the place.

Kathryn Wilson
10-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Why not join us in this month's Pastel Riot and get your feet wet with pastel dust :)

We can put you on the list for a Pastel Strokes for a few months down the road if you'd like.

IMaybe
10-05-2008, 01:50 AM
:clap: I just wanted to day this web-site is already amazing, and I thank you for that. Its so much work , it must be, for all of you, but I hope you know how much it means to everyone one here. Its such a BIG web-sit! I am still in awe of the inter- net any way, and to be able to go on here and learn is so wonderful, I am a new member(relatively) and have really painted a lot this summer because this site has help me so much and kept me inspired---with information on all things pastel! I see a lot of new ideas here, and especially like the new challenges. Kudos are nice to get, but good advise on Compostion and concepts are also important. I love it when the pro's come on and let you know things or let you watch their work, or explain how to do a home-made ground or something. Some sort of critque once a month would be good, whether from a challenge or something, I know there is a center for that, its great, but would like to see it in pastels, too. I can't wait to see the sub-librairies, I am still learning how to get around the site. Thanks for all you do. wish I could thank you more somehow.

robertsloan2
10-05-2008, 02:41 AM
I'd like to volunteer to host a Pastel Strokes -- that's the one where I find a theme and some references and hang out posting a lot cheering everyone on, right? I'd be happy to do that since I am sure I could pick out some fun and challenging photos from the library.

I'm also good at doing rocks, and not afraid to teach. I may not be Donna Aldridge but I've had practice teaching in person and write online tutorials pretty often. If you can get a better painter, of course please do! But if you want me to submit a sample "rocks" painting, I'd be happy to do so. This forum is better than any college classes I ever took.

For me, rocks are easy. They don't blink. They don't fidget. They don't move unless my cat bats them around. If I don't get them spot-on accurate, I can still do them so they come out looking like chunks of rock! With light on them. And moss and crud and cracks and dirt and funny shadows, those things really good rocks accumulate. A little pebble can become a gorgeous boulder.

I've also got a fossil or two I could photograph for references.

But because I do see teacher-artists here whose skill is so far beyond mine that I feel like a smudgy-fingered apprentice, my ego won't be bruised if you want me to wait for a year or three or till I catch up. I'm coming to this as a writer who's serious about writing how-to and loves doing art. Writing about art pulls everything together.

Kathryn Wilson
10-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Robert, I'm sending you a PM - let's talk rocks :)

Kathryn Wilson
10-05-2008, 07:41 AM
:clap: I just wanted to day this web-site is already amazing, and I thank you for that. Its so much work , it must be, for all of you, but I hope you know how much it means to everyone one here. Its such a BIG web-sit! I am still in awe of the inter- net any way, and to be able to go on here and learn is so wonderful, I am a new member(relatively) and have really painted a lot this summer because this site has help me so much and kept me inspired---with information on all things pastel! I see a lot of new ideas here, and especially like the new challenges. Kudos are nice to get, but good advise on Compostion and concepts are also important. I love it when the pro's come on and let you know things or let you watch their work, or explain how to do a home-made ground or something. Some sort of critque once a month would be good, whether from a challenge or something, I know there is a center for that, its great, but would like to see it in pastels, too. I can't wait to see the sub-librairies, I am still learning how to get around the site. Thanks for all you do. wish I could thank you more somehow.

Volunteering like I do here on Wet Canvas is my own personal way of "paying it forward" for all the benefits I have reaped from being a member on Wet Canvas - it's been invaluable to me.

Semele
10-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Why not join us in this month's Pastel Riot and get your feet wet with pastel dust :)

We can put you on the list for a Pastel Strokes for a few months down the road if you'd like.
Okay and okay. I just noticed Halloween Riot a day or so ago. Is that a regular monthly thing like Pastel Strokes? Or is it special because of the holiday?

And as far as Pastel Strokes, is it preferred that the host brings in their own photos, or do they generally come from the RIL?

robertsloan2
10-05-2008, 04:40 PM
Maybe if the host brings in their own photos, they put them in the RIL for everyone too? I know I would if I had good photos I wanted to share. It would make sense to use the RIL though, especially if you wanted to do a topic that you hadn't been there with a good camera to photograph. Like if someone wanted to do Australia and had never been there, it'd make sense to use the RIL. (I am in love with Australian landscapes).

Orchidacea
10-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I'd like to contribute something! My involvement here has been sporadic, but I have gotten so much out of it over the years!! I might consider maybe teaching a class on glass, but since I don't have any kind of special technique, I would need some help in figuring out how to approach it. I'd also be glad to host one of the Strokes or Riots. Just let me know what I can do.

bchlvr
10-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I would love to see how you paint those canning jars Kim!

binkie
10-09-2008, 01:38 AM
I'd like to volunteer to give something back. The folks here have given me so much, and helped me learn from absolute scratch; I still have so much to learn. I don't have the skills to teach anything but I'd like to volunteer. Please just let me know.

I have to take my new computer back to have the reader card fixed tomorrow so may not be back for a few days.

binkie

Kathryn Wilson
10-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Kim, Binkie and Semele - I will be sending you individual PM's to get your started! See you in a bit.

plindley
10-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I have recently enrolled in a two year visual arts certificate (studio) which, ironically, is taking so much time that I have been less involved on-line. However, I am still keenly interested and would endorse the class-room concept. Also, I have really enjoyed the sharing aspect of this forum, but the 'kudos on parade' postings while undoubtedly good for building courage do leave one wanting something more by way of commentary. Wetcanvas does have the critiquing sites, but I rarely find pastel pieces there (and it is not sorted by media) and often the critiques are done by people who don't really understand the medium. Is there someway to have a friendly critiquing site just devoted to pastels? I know that it happens in an ad hoc fashion some of the time, but perhaps a site with a bit more structure (rules?) would work. Just a thought....

And yes, I too think this forum is amazing and those who are its mainstay have a generosity of spirit that is truly wonderful.

Kathryn Wilson
10-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Patricia - thanks for responding in this thread in a very positive and thoughtful way. I am hoping that you will enjoy our efforts to bring informative and helpful classrooms and projects for everyone to enjoy.

Critiquing is such a delicate form of helping someone see the good in a painting and the areas that need help, that we decided to place a helpful little thread on the best way of critiquing in this forum. It saves on hurt feelings and encourages newbies to come forth without fear of being rejected.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393062

We do have a lot of people new to pastels and art and they like to give encouragement to others, but not sure of how to critique a painting yet.

Yes, the clappies are great for encouragement, but anyone who wants a more constructive critique has been asked to list C&C in their posting so that people will know when someone welcomes a thoughtful and helpful critique.

Deborah Secor
10-20-2008, 01:28 PM
And if you look around, Patricia, I think you'll also find that there are those of us who are also offering paid crits privately online to anyone who wants one. That's often the place where more instruction can go on, including examples, ideas, and some very structured help. There's a lot of give-and-take there that simply can't happen as easily in public because too many minds get involved. Of course, there's a lot of strength in the multiple minds engaged too! That's one of the best parts of this place. When I want a hard critique, I make sure to say so, and folks respond wonderfully!

BTW, I like the new classes and concepts I've been seeing spring up around here and want to make sure our mods and guides know how much its appreciated! Keep up the good work, gals!

Deborah

Winny Kerr
11-15-2008, 11:02 PM
The Pastel forum has been my greatest joy regarding pastel painting. I have become far more challenged and motivated to paint, this year, in spite of a busy work schedule. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to help and above all teach. I've learned so much and so appreciate everything. :clap: You are all such a blessing . Thanks again. Winny

Scottyarthur
12-22-2008, 09:50 AM
I to would like to thank the moderators and guides and all the artist here. I have come a long way in pastels since I first came here. It is truely a blessing to find so many great and talented artist who are so willing to share. I love the weekly's and classes that have evolved even though I have not been partisapating as of late, but I still come here very often just to stop in and see what is going on.

Kathryn Wilson
12-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Keep going Scotty - there's more to come in the New Year!

And thanks for thinking of us - :)