PDA

View Full Version : boat party

creodont
09-16-2008, 01:45 AM
boat party not sure on size sorry acrylic on canvas done as a commission and still not quite done. tiny figures both plein air and from provided pics my eyes hurt because I stayed up late and not use to painting now except outdoors. A lot of characters on board but had to change them several times or added new ones and still adding or changing. For instance the marylin monroe character was Maralyn then changed to his wife then to someone else . The boat owner does a Elvis routine and likes disco so is also John travolta from Saturday night fever but was originaly John travolta so change after chang in fact he is in it 8 times. Some of the celebrities lived at Newport other are thrown in little by little but even they changed others are local people. i,m tired after this and I'm still not done. Again very tiny figures wipe you out...........all c and c welcome goodnight....................................john:wink2:http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2008/97526-angela_louise_2.jpg

La_
09-16-2008, 02:21 AM
creiky man, you patience never ceases to amaze me :eek:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2008/84648-Image2.jpg

Ronni
09-16-2008, 04:19 AM
Charming!!!!

tgsloth
09-16-2008, 08:31 AM
Great fun! Wow. I do wonder if you'ld consider increasing the hue distance between the sky and water. Perhaps it's deliberate but they're awful close and a duller sky could add depth and focus to the foreground.

zoropb
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Makes me want to join the party!

Sergio

MRSBB
09-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Hi John. So nice to see you back posting again. Looks like a wild party out on the boat and a fun painting. Maybe it was the camera, but would like to see some different values between the sky and water. Just doesn't seem as colorful as say, Across Balboa Bay. Hope you had a nice summer and keep posting..........And keep having fun.........Lenore

ejtupi
09-16-2008, 10:59 PM
I guess it's pretty good....:lol::wink2:

Bizkit
09-16-2008, 11:04 PM
This is very cool...great job, no bad critique from me!!!

creodont
09-16-2008, 11:56 PM
I guess it's pretty good....ejtupi....... The nerve of that frozen artist from Alaska commenting on my boat party........Thank you for all the nice critique. I just wish my camera did better justice to the pic but shoot the one taking the photograph me .there is a blue haze on this that seems to make it underwater. Thank you La for your kindness and honest critique as always. Ronni will write soon neat to hear from the Holy Land .Tgsloth and Zoropb your critiques are always highly regarded msrbb a good friend like you is always nice to hear from. bizkit I saw your blog, your portrait characters are fantastic . others do it but with yours I keep thinking of Honore Daumier who greatly exaggerated facial expressions . And for that frozen artist from Alaska keep up with the great water colours.......................john

tali
09-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Well, we're not frozen quite yet, but soon. I am impressed with this painting. Amazing detail! I bet it was fun too, unless the changes were coming from your client, which would be not fun at all. Thanks for sharing--hanging out on a boat wouldn't be too bad right now--unless it was here!