PDA

View Full Version : Quick Dry Cafe - Sept 14 - 20th

AMuse
09-14-2008, 10:42 AM
I'll start this one (I didn't see another started):D
The month is almost half over.... we should be getting fall foliage pics soon! Let's enjoy this week and make it a great one!

AMuse
09-14-2008, 10:44 AM
And I'm making French Toast for breakfast!!! lol

OkeeKat
09-14-2008, 11:07 AM
OHH guess Kathleen slept in she was gona start this for Carol today.:lol:
mmmmm French Toast.. yum yum!!!:clap: Love it!! my mom used to put powdered sugar on our french toast when we were young. those where the days!!
g' morning all!! Varnishing Flicka.. so no more adjustments!! YEAH!
At least I'm pleased with the turn out and thats what counts, I'm sure the client will be too.:D
unfortunately down here we get no change in folage :(
hope all have a great sunday of rest and painting!!:wave:

susme48
09-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Coffee's on to go with the french toast...thanks Kathy!! Yum, yum! Morning all....pouring rain here, so who know how long I will have an internet connection. Have a great day all!

~~Kathleen
09-14-2008, 11:34 AM
Not only did I Not sleep in, I began a thread with this as well as a "Whats On Your Easel?" The "QDC" one seems to have disapeared!
Thanks for rescuing this for me Kathy.
Yum French toast, my favorite.
Fall, my favorite time of the year, a picture that I took yesterday...Isn't this stunning.
It is the line of Larches that border my Daughters property!
(They look like spruce in the summer, but the needles turn Orange and fall with the first snowfall)
I took this at sunrise, and the timing was perfect. The Wheat fields will not be there next year (Leased out for this year) as the trees to be planted will arrive in a week, and then this area will be a "Loose" forest of mixed trees.
The entrance driveway gets done beginning Monday, the teardrop in the center of the driveway gets landscaped as well. and this untamed look will be a thing of the past.
Have a good one all.
~~Kathleen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2008/92567-Orange.JPG

AMuse
09-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Good Morning Ladies.

I would miss the change in the colour of the leaves Kathie.... but it would sure be nice not to have to shovel a ton of snow! lol... I want everything! ;)

AMuse
09-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh Kathleen I love Larches! we won't get a chance to do our usual hike to Larch Valley this year (mom still can't go up hill very fast!)

Thanks for the picture... it's beautiful.

Katwyld
09-14-2008, 12:15 PM
G'morning folks....

That's what I like about Chattanooga, Kathy... we get the color change here (although not quite as nice as we had in NY, but it still happens pretty nicely), and very little snow (2 inches and the city shuts down. heheh).

Got some painting done yesterday, hoping to have time for more today... Looking forward to just a nice lazy day today, too. Yesterday was just relaxing.

Hope everyone else has a good day!

OkeeKat
09-14-2008, 12:31 PM
ohh how beautiful Kathleen!! thanks.. makes me feel more at home now.. with the autumn season coming, I wont miss the change in leaves since I have you all to show it to me!!:D thanks.

susme48
09-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Gorgeous pic Kathleen. I miss the vast fields of grain from my home state of Ohio, here is is mostly cotton, soy and corn. I saw you were up, and stayed up late last night. I hate when things get 'eaten'. :o

I love fall trees...we get some of that here...but very little snow...yay! The only thing that does not turn is all the pine, the cedar, and a few bushes. It is alot more gradual than further north.

I took this 'fall pic' the other day on a walk with Bubba...not as pretty as Kathleen's...but this is the start of our fall. They will cut the cornstalks for silage at some point. It will be another month or so before the leaves are all changing, tho' a few varieties are starting...they just don't all change at once here.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2008/51170-corn.jpg
Also took this pic of the local pest....Kudzu...and it's blooms. I finally tracked the gorgeous scent in the air to these flowers. I hate having to fight it's spread from the ground cover of public streams and waterways to keep erosion in check. But am a touch more forgiving now that I know how good the blooms smell. Their scent is hard to describe, but quite wonderful.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2008/51170-kudzu.jpg

Hope everyone has a good day!

Raymo
09-14-2008, 03:14 PM
I remember that Kudzu stuff from when I was stationed in Mississippi. It was everywhere. I loved living in Meridian, great fishing. Humidity was terrible though.

deadsam
09-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Kathleen stop showing pictures of out there lol, now I want to re rebook my flight again lol.
patience patience patience lol.
only one week and 3 days to go lmao
then it's off to opus art supplies whoohooo I might get so paint happy since I haven't painted in awhile I won't wait to paint on paper and start doing an abstract on my finacee on the way to penticton lol.
poor woman will be all covered in paint when we get there lol.

AMuse
09-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Good Afternoon Folks....

Hubby... is supposed to be mowing the lawn, but got stuck in the basement.... LOL

we went for a walk with the girls yesterday and saw the start of the leaves changing...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/mapleleafgrl/valley.jpg

this valley is just a few minutes walking from our house and has lots of critters (but no bear... yet! last year we had a cougar)... I'm a lucky woman I know.:cool: as long as I don't get eaten! lol

Shirl Parker
09-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Hey Kathie,

We dodged the bullet here in South Texas. It threatened to come here early in the week and then took a turn for the north and Houston. Whew, and me with 3 dogs again!

OkeeKat
09-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Beautiful photos Susan and Kathy!!
Hi Ray, Sam!!

Katwyld
09-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Glad to hear it pass ya by, Shirl...

Beautiful pictures, all... I didn't know kudzu had blooms... I only see it from afar, covering the trees like a big green blanket... the stuff is weird if you've never seen it before... heck, it's weird even if you see it all the time!

susme48
09-14-2008, 05:04 PM
So glad it missed you Shirl!!

OkeeKat
09-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Hey Shirl, good to hear from you, glad Ike missed ya..Was worried, so glad all is ok!!:clap:

susme48
09-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Spagetti and garlic bread, baked chicken and noodles, pot roast and mashed potatoes....help yourselves...leftover night...:lol:

What a peaceful afternoon...or at least 2 hrs of it! For some reason the person that got up at 3am and started misbehaving was all worn out, and took a nap. Let me paint a bit! He is eating dinner now, and then hopefully back to bed....fingers crossed!

Hope everyone had a good Sunday!

Katwyld
09-15-2008, 01:02 AM
Sort of good Sunday.... Hubby is a little cranky lately (he's just tired, but he won't go to bed without me.... and I'm not always ready for bed before midnight. *sigh*), I spent too much time fighting with a pastel pencil trying to get it to sharpen and have some kind of point on it... it's too big to fit in the regular hole on a pencil sharpener, but too small for the big spot on a pencil sharpener... finally just pulled out my newest knife (it's pink!) and shaved the tip to give me something to work with.... (I do most of my sketching after paint is on the canvas with my conti pastel pencils... easier to get off the paint that way)... Trimmed the kitties' nails, and our eldest one (who's only 5) decided she wanted nothing of it, spent the first foot and a half growling, then might have moved to bite me... I had the hubby scruff her and I finished clipping the nails, front and back feet (I take no business from no animal, period.)... then I held her and had a little conversation when I was done... We'll see if she does that one again.

Other than that, though... I got a fish tank for the betta I bought a few weeks ago... and I like it! He seems to, too, and so does Murphy. hehehe

http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/TheKids/NewFishTank2.jpg

You can sorta see him in there... this is a slightly better picture:

http://www.curtumevexas.com/images/TheKids/Betta2.jpg

Purple! :D

susme48
09-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Pretty fish, Kat!! I bet Murphy does like him...or would like him....:lol:

Katwyld
09-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks... I'd been looking for the 'right' one for a while, and I saw him... couldn't resist that purple. heh

I don't know what she'd do if she did get him, honestly... in his old tank I would leave the top askew when I was sitting there to give him air (had a full glass lid on top), and she'd just drink the water and look at him... never reached her paw in there at all... heh Course, when the lid was closed, I caught her standing with her front feet on the lid, looking down at him. I think part of that, though, was the fact that the tank was about chest height on her, so she couldn't see him all that well from the side. With the new tank, she just sits there and watches him.

It's Monday... And I just say... "Bah" *yawns*

objectivistartist
09-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Kudzu is in some places used as food...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#Food

dhawk
09-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Kudzu is in some places used as food...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kudzu#Food

And clothing and paper and medicine and soap and (http://books.google.com/books?id=KMSpPFcli08C&pg=PA73&lpg=PA73&dq=kudzu+cloth&source=web&ots=RglRWkTK7_&sig=dzDtwVcPGkJporSOfAqDU1MCaDE&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=1&ct=result#PPA67,M1)...I actually have the book referenced!

~~Kathleen
09-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Morning all, Walk is over, and very contemplative, mornings are a joy in my life. There is nothing about this season that I do not love.:)
Coffee is ready an there are Ricotta cheese Danish for everyone.

Kat your fish is lovely!
I took this of mine just now so we could compare colours.
I have never seen a Purple one before.
They are just so lovely!
Looks crowded, but on the other side of his rock pile is wide open, and he loves his bowl. (A 1 1/2 gal hand blown glass pitcher made especially for him by a glass blower/friend of mine)
Be back later, so be good all
ONE MORE DAY OF BEING GOOD FOR CAROL!:evil:
~~Kathleen
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2008/92567-for_posting.JPG

AMuse
09-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Good Morning all

Emily saw the moon at 4:30 and wanted to talk to me about it!

*yawn*

now I have to go get the laundry on the line and let go of my coffee cup for a minute or two... lol

OkeeKat
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
G' Mornin' all!!:wave:
Happy monday.:lol:
Gorgeous purple beta Kat!! I like his tank too,fantastic now Murphy can watch him closeup..just hope poor little fishy dont have a heart attack !!:D
Love the blue one you have Kathleen, Nice bowl too!!
Shipped off Flicka this am.. and started a new painting last nite.. realy only got half of it underpainted.. Was neat using my projector!! Loved it!!
this is my first large 16x20 painting. did some errands too this am.. and have to run out again for Dr appt.. sinus checkup.. then back to painting, hope to get you a photo later.. its of a hummingbird and flowers.:smug:
gona go work on the underpainting now.
be back later this afternoon all!!
Happy Painting!!!:wave:

susme48
09-15-2008, 01:11 PM
Morning Kathy, and Kathie, and Kat and Kathleen! I see the K's are up and at 'em this morning. Morning Robert and Donna! Morning, Betty, Carol, Howard, Ray, Kim, and anyone else lurking out there! (Reserving the "good" till I see if it gonna be a 'good morning' ...:lol:)

Kathleen he is gorgeous...you know me and blue! Only one more day huh??? :evil: :D

I have seen the recipes on Kudzu...but fear trying it...not sure what all they spray on the Kudzu here...and don't want to get sick. Maybe if I went way back in the back....I doubt they go back very far to spray. I guess I have just not been that hungry. My grandson ate some...said it was not that good...:lol:

Kathie good luck at the dr's!

Katwyld
09-15-2008, 01:26 PM
Never knew it could be used for food and whatnot... course, as I said, we don't have any right in my yard, and I'm not gonna go over and fight the goats for theirs! (I was amused to see my city listed in the wiki article, that's just funny! I've been hearing about the goats for quite a while, now)..

He's very pretty, Kathleen... I've loved that deep blue they get, but couldn't find any that color here either... Haven't seen any real cool ones except the one I've got for a while around here... Don't know why... Maybe the really cool looking ones are snapped up before I get there. heheh The bowl is cool, too... That's plenty of room for them, really... I just can't seem to do anything small. :lol:

Pookie (the fish) doesn't seem much phased by Murphy, actually, Kathie. Course, she usually just sits there and stares at him, so maybe he doesn't feel threatened by that.

They day ain't looking up at all... I can't print from one of my computers (I have three directly around me, each is used for something different, but I only use two of them daily), and I need to so I can get films for a patient for comparison... *sigh* I don't know what they did to screw up all the printer/computer connections at this place, but it's really annoying...

But I think the boss might be sending me home at 1, so I can go home and relax and paint! Sucks to have my hours cut, but... I can go home and paint! hehehe

Nomad_Ca
09-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Update:

the baby doves hatched out on Sept.6 and Sept.9..Their parents have now allowed them some space to be photographed. Hope you enjoy.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2008/110920-Babies_9days.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Sep-2008/110920-Babies_9days2.jpg

Major difference in size for 3 days between them eh ?

~~Kathleen
09-15-2008, 08:42 PM
That is just wonderful!
Have you named them yet?
Can we have a
"Name that DOVE contest?"
Thanks so much for sharing this with us.
~~Kathleen

Lady Carol
09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Aww how ugly/cute :D

Definitely a name the Dove contest. :clap: :clap: winner gets a dove in the mail :lol:

susme48
09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Awwwwwwww!!

OkeeKat
09-15-2008, 10:19 PM
OHHH How cute Paul!!
Yeah lets NAME THAT DOVE!!!
how about Pete and Repeat!! :lol: j/k!!
first we have to figure out if they are.. he or she.
hmmm unless we can come up with some generic names!:D

Lady Carol
09-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Ying & Yang
Ping & Pong

susme48
09-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Ding and Dong....Donkey and Kong....Mutt and Jeff....oh, Carol....I came in to tell you I was bad. :evil:<hanging head in 'shame'> But here you are naming doves...and all I did was name hummingbirds...so maybe I am not bad? :angel:

Besides Kathie gave me a straight line...and with all the stress I am under, it just all slipped out...I could not help myself...ummmmm errrrrr :D

deadsam
09-15-2008, 11:28 PM
well this looks like it's probably my last day at work, I was supposed to stay till sat but what the heck lol, they got my replacement, he's been trained today so I will just come in tomorrow to say my goodbyes and leave this place. I won't be on again for awhile now since I came on here at work so I will talk to you all as soon as I get back online out there :)
Keep on painting folks :)
see ya on the flip side (of this country) lol.
Maybe I can grab the odd computer from here till then and peek in on everyone :)
Till then have a great time and a great life and again.... keep on painting.
Like my ole art dealer used to say the best investment I could make was paper, so I pass this onto to you all, whether it be paper or canvas or whatever you paint on let it become your best investment :)

Talk to you all soon I hope

Sam

~~Kathleen
09-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Sorry to be different, but they look like a "Mookie" & "Cha-Cha!" to me.
(Mookie is the bigger one!)
As in any species, given a chance, the smallest (runt) always ends up with the best personality, and Cha-Cha just dances!
~~Kathleen
Who only has one more day to behave!
(And YEP Carol, I have plans!):evil:

~~Kathleen
09-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Hey Sam....Sorry, I did not notice you here!

((Sam)) be well, and do not take forever to build a new computer.
I am sure they have Best Buy & The Source there in Penticton!:lol:
Paint well, and remember....Lotsa Golden Opens when you fly over Crossfield!
I have my red net already, and the chair is on the roof!I am sure that I can speak for most everyone here in wishing you God-Speed, and Post soon.
Missing you 'till then
~~Kathleen

Katwyld
09-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Yay, doves! I think their cute, but I've always liked the ugly animals, so.... heheheh (oh, and the hubby had two mice named Hor and d'oeuvre and I thought that was the funniest thing, so you don't want my name suggestions... hehehe)

Good luck, Sam, and have a careful move... We'll miss ya, but we'll still be here when you get back.

So... we went to see The Dark Knight tonight... I was a HUGE fan of the first two Batman movies and haven't seen one since Michael Keaton stopped doing them... But the hubby really wanted to see this one, and I was intrigued with it (I read all the 'dark' Batman comics and loved them)... so we went to see it.... and... well, it was dark.... I think I'm still a little startled by it.... I'm also nauseous at the moment, but I can't believe that really has to do with the movie... But it was a really good movie...

susme48
09-16-2008, 01:13 AM
{{{Sam}} Hurry back...you will be missed! May all go smoothly!

objectivistartist
09-16-2008, 01:19 AM
the Twiddles -
Dee and Dum...

OkeeKat
09-16-2008, 09:24 AM
:wave: GMorning all!! OJ, Coffee and Hot toasted English Muffins with Butter and Jam!!for those who want some breakfast!!mmm mmm good!!
How is everyont his am!! I'm still tired. but hope breakfast wakes me up.
Did alittle bit more on my hummingbird last eve.
Cute dove names!!:lol:
I need to leave for work in 2hrs so gona try to paint a little more before I go.
Have a good day all!!:wave:
:heart:

AMuse
09-16-2008, 11:02 AM
Good Morning all

Safe journey Sam!

I have laundry to do and a few other things. but the weather is lovely so I'll enjoy hanging clothes on the line.

:)

Nomad_Ca
09-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Cool..thanx for all the neat names..I thought of Mutt and Jeff also but I don't know their genders at this point..might not know for a month or so..The parents names are Peace (female) and Harmon E. (male)..maybe their names will spur further suggestion..

Great lookin' betas there..love the tanks..

Nomad_Ca
09-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Cool..thanx for all the neat names..I thought of Mutt and Jeff also but I don't know their genders at this point..might not know for a month or so..The parents names are Peace (female) and Harmon E. (male)..maybe their names will spur further suggestion..

Great lookin' betas there..love the tanks..

~~Kathleen
09-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Paul;
You could call them "Lovey" & "Dovey" then. the names are not generic specific, and work because they were conceived in a wonderful environment!:lol:
Thanks for brekkers Kathie, Yummy!
Kathy, isn't hanging your clothes outside just the most wonderful?
The fresh scent just cannot be beat.
It was chilly here for my walk, but oh so bracing.
I am doodling with my painting, in that I am trying to perfect (well, for me anyhow:wink2:) certain methods that will enhance my works.
Wish me luck.
~~Kathleen

Shirl Parker
09-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Re the comments on Kudzu, we need Carol to get to work discovering a way to use it in place of oil/gasoline!

Katwyld
09-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Oooh, Kathleen... very cool! You should start a thread of your doodles.. ya never know... what you doodle might give someone else some insight you think everyone else knows...

I need to make time to doodle with paint. heh

I'm at work... I don't want to be at work, and it's very slow here... *sigh* Why can't I win enough money in the lottery to just pay off some stuff so I don't have to work anymore? I don't necessarily wanna be rich, I just wanna sit home and paint all day. :(

susme48
09-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Morning all! Stayed up till 3 painting...tried to follow the suggestions on Mother and Babe. Not sure if I succeeded, but I did have fun...till I had to get back up with just a few hrs of sleep...:lol:

Kat...you sound like me!

My hubby sent me this link this am...for some reason it reminds me of Kathy's tiny terrorists...very cute! Baby moose (http://www.maniacworld.com/twin-baby-moose-in-sprinkler.html)

Thanks for breakfast and coffee!

~~Kathleen
09-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Susan, what a wonderful video.
Moose are so ugly that they are beautiful, and that mother is a real old warhorse.
Did you see the scars on her body? Still she is so gentle with her babies.
Hugs for Bob for finding it.

Kat....re my doodles, I have posted one (Inlet) down below, and am about to post another (Inlet2).
They are practice pieces that I am doing, trying to perfect shadowing/colour and the like.
These two helped me a lot as I was able to finally accomplish the depth that I wanted. (No reference, just offa the top of my head, such as it is!:wink2:)
Thanks for asking.
~~Kathleen

AMuse
09-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Doodling is great Kathleen. I gessoed a bunch ov watercolour paper scraps and cut them into trading card size (2.5 x 3.5 inches) and now I'm trying out a whole bunch of things and techniques on them.

Those moose are adorable. but far to sweet to be tiny terrorists! lol

idylbrush
09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Drive by Howdy!
:wave:

susme48
09-16-2008, 12:58 PM
I suppose it was the fact that the backyard looked like the people had kids...all I could think of was two moose visiting your TT's. They just looked so cute gamboling around!

They are ugly beautiful...I saw the scars...looked like she had been thru' the wars. I found it interesting that she seemed to know it was safe for them to play there...and almost nudged them towards the fun of the sprinkler.

~~Kathleen
09-16-2008, 01:02 PM
OH MY GOODNESS.....
A Howard sighting!:wave:
Hi Guy!
You are missed around here.
Hows everything doing?
Are you ever coming home?
Be well 'and we will see you soon.
~~Kathleen

Katwyld
09-16-2008, 01:18 PM
From what y'all are describing, I've seen that moose video before... it was adorable!

Howard!!! *hugs* Thanks for the Howdy and Howdy right back at ya... If you happen to come back and get to see this... my Don Juan rose is 7 foot tall!!! Um... oops? heheh

Lady Carol
09-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Re the comments on Kudzu, we need Carol to get to work discovering a way to use it in place of oil/gasoline!
:eek: I had better change labs then.

I am off to teach be back in 2hr. Behave guys :D

~~Kathleen
09-16-2008, 03:06 PM
I am off to teach be back in 2hr. Behave guys :D
It is killing me, all I have to do is get through today and I am FREE!:thumbsup:
Beware, and be very careful tomorrow!:evil:
~~Kathleen
Who says "I am being good aren't I?":angel:

susme48
09-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Nothing like the taste of freedom...:lol:
<~~:angel: also...<snicker>

Lady Carol
09-16-2008, 04:29 PM
It is killing me, all I have to do is get through today and I am FREE!:thumbsup:
Beware, and be very careful tomorrow!:evil:
~~Kathleen
Who says "I am being good aren't I?":angel:
:lol: ~~Kathleen you were the one who wanted to do a week.

I know you guys are good. I just couldn't resist saying that.

AMuse
09-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Hey! I'm good too:angel: :angel: :angel:

see...

I even got the halo on straight....

although it needs polishing! LOL

so... I got some black Artboard.... (an impulse thing) but I'm stuck on what to make with it now.

sigh.... darn impulses!

susme48
09-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah we so good we're scary, huh? :evil: :)

Isn't there a song...girls just want to have fun??...:lol:

Well...guess I am gonna go mow...so I can get Bubba outside for some exercise....:lol: tho' I think I get more than he does!

Nomad_Ca
09-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Update:

Family picture..I think they may take after their Dad.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2008/110920-Dove_Family2.jpg

Lady Carol
09-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Family picture..I think they may take after their Dad.

Which one is the Dad?

OkeeKat
09-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Hello all!!:wave:
Carol, I'm thinking the dad is the brown one as the little ones are more brown then white.:D
Paul how about Faith and hope. if mom and dad are Peace and Harmon E. guess Hope might not be such a good name if its a boy LOL. hmmm putting thinking cap back on.:smug:
Hiya Howard glad you did a drive by howdy!!:wave:
Ohh Susan that video was precious. I can't believe she carried two calves if the young moose are calves or not.. she musta been huge!!
of course we all are Good Girls!!:D :angel: who just like to have fun!!!:evil:
shhhh dont tell anyone but.. ahh I think my horns are holding up me halo..:lol:

Hmmm getting alot of page errors when change pages and trying to post says page not found.. URGH!! hope this works!!

AMuse
09-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Hi all...

I'm really grumpy today. Everything is going wrong today. Maybe some chocolate and an early night will fix things?

idylbrush
09-16-2008, 10:05 PM
So, today was a most fascinating day. I got to see a baby elephant.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2008/36241-elephants.jpg

got kissed by a Sea Lion.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2008/36241-sealions.jpg

Worked on a wine and cheese display.

Nomad_Ca
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
The pink-ringnecked is the male..white-ringnecked is the Mom..

Lady Carol
09-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Hello all!!:wave:
Carol, I'm thinking the dad is the brown one as the little ones are more brown then white.:D
But these feathers are the downy ones and not their flight feathers. They will not get flight feathers and this their final markings for a couple more weeks yet.

I'm really grumpy today. Everything is going wrong today. Maybe some chocolate and an early night will fix things?
Sugar will solve everything.

got kissed by a Sea Lion.
You know they have fish breath.....:lol:

Katwyld
09-16-2008, 11:48 PM
You know they have fish breath.....:lol:

Well, he does now, anyway. :D

*hugs Kathy* Sorry the day is misbehaving... we'll have to teach it a lesson... I think chocolate is just the thing to do it, too!

susme48
09-17-2008, 12:00 AM
Kathy...chocolate can never hurt! And yes your halo is straight and shiny!

Howard, good to see you...I love elephants!! Kisses are good...I guess even from sea lions.

Kathie...you mean like this?????http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/16-Sep-2008/51170-me_angelplay1.jpg :angel:

OkeeKat
09-17-2008, 08:27 AM
Morning all.. quick reply gota get rdy for work!!:wave:
Great photos Howard.. love baby elephants!! darling big things..
Hope ya have tictacs in your pocket!!
mmm wine and cheese.. how much did ya drink?? hehe j/k
((Kathy)) hugs.. hope your day goes better then your moring.
ROFL Susan, yup thats right!!:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hiya to everyone else.. Carol,Kathleen,Kat, Pat, Patti, Ray, Betty, Shirl and anyone else I mised!!
Have a good Humpday..Windsday!!:lol: :lol: TTFN!!:wave:

AMuse
09-17-2008, 11:48 AM
Good Morning all.

I got a head cold now! LOL it never rains but it pours.

and tonight I have two meetings at the school... better make sure I have a purse full of tissues!

idylbrush
09-17-2008, 12:40 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Sep-2008/36241-elephantbaby.jpg

This is the baby. 1 year old.

Katwyld
09-17-2008, 12:43 PM
So cute! Baby elephants are just neat... they're so big when they're so young...

And I apologize, Kathy... I think I gave you my cold... :(

AMuse
09-17-2008, 12:48 PM
I suspect my rotten kids are the carriers... I always seem to get a cold as soon as the school year starts!:rolleyes:

susme48
09-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Morning all: K(-athie, -at, -athy, -athleen)'s and P(-at and -atti)'s....hmmm KP...does that mean they do the cleaning up in the cafe??? :lol: and Howard, Carol, Betty, Ray, Julie, Sam (if he can peek), Paul and his doves, and Robert! If I missed anyone, I am sorry!

Humpday?...feel more like mountain day....sigh...wish it meant the rest of the week would be downhill as in easier...rather than just downhil...:lol:

Kathy sorry you are under the weather....hope you feel better soon!

Lady Carol
09-17-2008, 03:49 PM
I suspect my rotten kids are the carriers... I always seem to get a cold as soon as the school year starts!:rolleyes:
I must have got mine from your kids too...*cough, cough*

AMuse
09-17-2008, 04:30 PM
LOL

I'll tell them to start washing their hands better....

of course neither of them is sick!

objectivistartist
09-17-2008, 05:54 PM
WASH YOUR HANDS???!! :eek::eek: Where ye from?? Didn't ye know eating dirt, licking fingers, etc. supposed to build immunity???:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:
[of course, that's if ye not die first...:evil::lol::lol::lol:]

Lady Carol
09-17-2008, 06:10 PM
WASH YOUR HANDS???!! :eek::eek: Where ye from?? Didn't ye know eating dirt, licking fingers, etc. supposed to build immunity???:rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:
[of course, that's if ye not die first...:evil::lol::lol::lol:]
Yes, of course there is that argument...

AMuse
09-17-2008, 06:17 PM
hmmmm

well - I'd rather not eat dirt (even if hubby is cooking) lol

PattiLou
09-17-2008, 08:47 PM
Uh oh... does hubby read this?

Surprisingly we get enough dirt just eating packaged food.... we don't want to think too hard about that though. :D

Jeesh, I hope ya'll start feeling better soon.

susme48
09-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh my...sitting here watching 2 1/2 Men. What a show...they degrade women...make fun of dysfunctional families, it can border on the sacreligious, it is filled with sexual inuendo, and might be one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. I am laughing soooooo hard I am crying! Lordy, lordy...:D :lol::D

I know...sick sense of humor...so so my children tell me! They LIKE Dumb and Dumber, but think It's a Mad Mad Mad World sux...so I question their sense of humor too!!

As for eatiing dirt...not sure, but it someone else was cooking it...and cleaning it up...I guess if they flavored it so that it was edible....hmmmm...just might. :lol:

I subscribe to the eat a pound of dirt theory...I have seen it in action. Today's kids are so sanitized that they get sick more easily. (IMHO) Altho' I have been told that anyone's opinion can be bought if you have enough money.

Sorry...been an interesting day...we will probably be up all night...and my sense of humor is all I have as a defense. Doesn't seem like much huh?

Hope everyone has had a great day!

Raymo
09-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Hello all you sickos....:wave:
I've been wandering the vast wilderness of the many forums here at WetCanvas. Man, a guy can become quite engrossed in page after page of threads. I'm really liking the animal and wildlife forum, landscape forum, figure forum (woohoo), and even the snooty old oilers. Was just glancing at the pastel work. Man, the things they can do with chalk, lol. Oh, by the way, they dont like ya calling it chalk..:lol:. Anyways, that's what i've been up to, besides lurking here...hehe.

Remember to turn your head and cover your mouth when coughing. I sure as heck dont need a cold. " Nurse, a surgical mask for Kathy please "

Gosh dang, didnt any of you ever pick up a dirt clod and eat it when you were a kid ? I always enjoyed the taste of dirt...mmmm.

Lady Carol
09-18-2008, 07:36 AM
It is worse today...I am sick..totally. Little sleep all night...I am going back to bed.

OkeeKat
09-18-2008, 09:32 AM
G'Morning all!!:wave:
So sorry you are not feeling well Carol, Kathy and Kat!
A big bowl of chicken soup for you all!!
Adorable photo of the big little guy Howard!!

Hubby in Texas till friday, so was quiet last night, did some painting but not enought to get new photo today on the hummigbird.
Got home late from work last night as next week we are moving our office to new location in town, larger office, and we got to go into the new buildingafter work yesterday, it needed some stuff removed from walls so they could paint and we were picking out our colors, next thurs afternoon we make the big move, been packing the office up for the past 2 wks here and there.
New range comes tomorrow sometime.
Hope to do a little more painting before work!
Take care all.. cya later!!:wave:

susme48
09-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Morning all...just as I went to sign on...the electricity went out...was off for about 2 hrs. Yuk!

Poor Carol Kat and Kathy!! Tea, toast, jello and gingerale to go with the chicken soup. All the comfort foods from when I was sick as a kid! Hope you all feel better soon! http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Sep-2008/51170-getwell.gif

Ray, you could lose your whole life going from forum to forum...:lol: I tried to keep up with two once...and it took hours and hours. I got no painting done...still takes alot of time to keep up with just this one. But it is fun...very informative...and actually kind of seductive!

Howard...what a cutie! Many years ago, we went to the zoo so often in Jacksonville that my kids thought the young elephant there was their own...:) We got friendly with his keeper and had a wonderful few years watching him grow up. Only my son was brave enough to ride him tho'. :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/18-Sep-2008/51170-bbelephant.jpg

Raymo
09-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Ray, you could lose your whole life going from forum to forum...:lol: I tried to keep up with two once...and it took hours and hours. I got no painting done...

No kiddin, I got major fabric butt from sitting too long....:lol:

objectivistartist
09-18-2008, 04:42 PM
No kiddin, I got major fabric butt from sitting too long....:lol: and it doesn't help that ye move to the chair next to it to do yer artwork, either...:eek::lol::rolleyes:

AMuse
09-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Everyone!

well - this afternoon has been productive. I have cheese buns baking in the oven, laundry hanging on the line and made some progress on my different strokes painting.

and somehow in the middle of all this I got a call from the volunteer co-ordinator at the school and got hooked into be the phoning parent for Emily's class! LOL well at least I get the first pick of the good volunteer opportunites!

mpattie
09-18-2008, 06:02 PM
:wave: quick "HELLO" to everyone. Still up in Fort Worth. Have been "off duty" the past few days and not been near a computer. The weather has been absolutely beautiful. Did set up the easel a few days ago and started a painting. Sorry no way to post it. Then yest we drove down to Granbury and walked around the square and hit a few antique stores. Only thing to show as far as buying was a bottle of wine.
Sounds like everyone is busy and behaving themselves.
Happy painting
Pat. :wave:

Raymo
09-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey, if you guys like Rogers wip, you might also like a wip over in the animal and wildlife forum titled " Great Migration ".....it's purdy dang good.

OkeeKat
09-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Hi Susan thats a great photo!! Hope your day went well!!
Kathy, glad to hear you have gotten some things accomplished today!!
Pat, SO glad your having a great time. ENJOY!! want photos when you get back!!
Ray, ohh yeah the "Great Migration" is Awesome!!! I have posted a few times on that.. its amazing!!
Hope to do something on my hummingbird that makes it worth a photo in the morning!!

susme48
09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks Ray...that is definitely 'purdy dang good' !!

Katwyld
09-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Mmmmmm... jello....

What's a phoning parent?

AMuse
09-18-2008, 10:13 PM
:)

a phoning parent is the parent that calls all the other parents for volunteering at the school for class projects and field trips and stuff.

luckily e-mail makes things WAY eaiser.

objectivistartist
09-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Thanks for that "Great Migration" clue - golly, what a terrific set of instructions watching that progress... and he's not done yet!!! :eek:

OkeeKat
09-19-2008, 10:56 AM
G'Morning ALL!!!:wave:
Wake up sleepy heads!!!
I got up early today waiting for the range to arrive, finaly did around 9am,:clap: but they can't install it, so its sitting in my kiitchen.. gas guy comes later this afternoon to instal it. Joe doesnt get back from TX till near 7 as he lands in orlando at 5:30. and is over an hr and half drive home from airport. so might try out new range or just meet him for dinner, and let him see how purty new it looks!! :D
finaly took an update photo of my hummingbird. worked mostly on the flowers. not sure how to get the distant overhead trees to blur into the background like the reference. so HELP!!

going to work on my painting while I wait for this guy to arrive, then go do my errands.
Happy painting all!!:wave:

susme48
09-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Morning all!!

Since no one has been in, I am guessing those who are sick are still not up to par...another round of comfort food...hot tea for the sick ones, coffee for the rest...OJ for Kathie. Scrambled eggs or oatmeal.

Hope everyone starts to feel better soon!

Life here is filled with ex in-laws that are being combative and spiteful...what a drag! I tried to be nice...but that only got me lied about...so I am quitting. Should have listened to hubby...sigh. What a totally dysfunctional family his ex came from! I know all families are somewhat dysfuncional, but these people take the prize!

Oh, well...rainy day here...looks like a good one to veg thru'.

Katwyld
09-19-2008, 11:10 AM
'Morning folks... Been up for a while, but overslept through the alarm... it's slow at work, though, so when I called the boss she said to just take the day off if I wanted... I only work till 12 on Fridays, anyway, and goodness knows it's rare to be even constant on Friday, let alone anything approaching busy.. So I'm hope... feels good, really.

Rented a carpet cleaner yesterday and did the carpets... wow! Um... Yuck! heh. Gonna vacuum them today to fluff them and hopefully finish the drying process (just still a few little damp spots), and then put the living room back together... everything is in the kitchen right now, and I think it's messing with the animal's heads. heh

Other than that, a day of painting... I hope... I'm looking forward to it being, anyway...

Oh, and I've got muffins and brown sugar/cinnamon bread if anyone is interested... help your self! *settles down with Susan's graciously offered hot tea*

Lady Carol
09-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Kat, come over and do my carpets please. I have my own carpet cleaner machine. I got sick of renting them and decided to buy my own as I clean then about every 6 months. I was thinking that I have to do mine this weekend, although it will depend on how I feel. The terrible headache of yesterday is almost gone but I feel very lethargic today.

susme48
09-19-2008, 02:11 PM
Carol...I know that lethargic feeling...I always get it after a migraine....it always seems like the day after is in black and white...and I feel like a limp dishrag. I'll do your carpets if I can borrow your machine to do ours?? Kind of a trade?

Kathy, you could tell your hubby the new stove is soooooo pretty that you don't want it to get dirty?? :)

Katwyld
09-19-2008, 04:13 PM
I would Carol, but the hubby's coming home tonight, and he needs someone to pick him up at the airport. :p

My mom has her own cleaner, and she's planning on getting a new one, and giving us her old one... I'm good with that... I won't use it nearly as much as she does (I wouldn't be surprised if she uses hers every month!), and it's likely smaller than that beast I rented.... AND then I can do little spot cleaning when I need to. She was gonna buy us one a few years ago, and I told her no, I wouldn't use it... in hindsight, I wish I'd let her, but I still wouldn't have used it then anyway, so... it all works out.

Well, I've got a week left to finish this painting, so I might be a little scarce until next Friday... Course, knowing me, I'll still be on here too much. hehehe

Lady Carol
09-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I would Carol, but the hubby's coming home tonight, and he needs someone to pick him up at the airport. :p
Has he heard of a taxi :lol::evil:

Katwyld
09-19-2008, 04:36 PM
Has he heard of a taxi :lol::evil:

http://www.curtumevexas.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/roflmao.gif

"Hi, honey... you need to take a taxi home because I'm going up to Pennsylvania to clean Lady Carol's carpets for her. Yes, I know I have your Jeep, but you'll just have to use my Buick cuz I'm taking the Jeep up to PA with me."

hehehheh Yeah, I don't know how well that would go over. :D (It would be funny though... and I just might be willing to do it when he pisses me off next. heh)

OkeeKat
09-19-2008, 04:43 PM
:lol: Carol.. my hubby is driving home from the airport this eve.. he goes early and leaves his car there.. its a company car so no worries.. they pay for it all and was only 3 days.
Funny how Kats hubby was away again too!!:D

Looks like Joe will be gone same time in the next 3 wks minus time we are going up to GA for one week(Oct 10-17th).. renting a cabin/ with inlaw(Thank goodness we all get along great, or they wouldnt be spending 3 months each winter here either!!). for LITTLE MATHEWS FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!:clap:

OHHH The Range is SOOO purty!!:smug: kinda matches the counter and of course now matches the refrig and dishwasher, YEAH FINALLY, we only got new refrig in feb and dishwasher in march. so its about time.. soon to redo the washer and dryer but they are in the closet in the kitchen. still have a bunch of boxes of stuff. .can only fit so much untensils and stuff in cabinets now.. /sigh. soon will have to sort out the stuff we dont use.

At least I got to do some more of my hummingbird!!
Thanks for the OJ Susan!! Love sugar/cinnamon bread!! YUMMY!!!

OHH I need my carpets cleaned too... Will gladly pay you Susan Please come on down!!!:lol:
Hey any Home remedy secrets for dog/urine odor in carpets??.. friend of mine told me Baby powder over wet spot, it absorbs it all and jsut vacuum it up after a day. Seems to work, but a small yellow area still guess didnt use enough.. Vinnie is having accidents.. think this old man cant hold it long when I'm working.. /sigh.

Lady Carol
09-19-2008, 06:33 PM
... and I just might be willing to do it when he pisses me off next. heh)
C'mon up when he has pissed you off next, the carpets will still be here :D

PattiLou
09-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey.... While you are on your way to do Kathie's carpet you could stop and rest here.... and my carpet is a very, very small area. I'll even serve iced tea or lemonade and fresh brownies! :rolleyes:

Kathie - Sears sales a powdered carpet cleaner that I use for spots. Don't have any animals but hubby makes up for that tracking things in on his shoes. Anyway, it works very good on removing spots from light beige carpet and if my memory is still working (sometimes wonder?) it is called Capture. You sprinkle it on, let it set, brush it in and then vacuum. I have been using it for a long time.

OkeeKat
09-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks Patti!!

here are some photos of the new range!!
love how the whole surface is same heighth.. you can move a pot off the burner anywhere on the stove and not have it sit wabbly or incenter of stovetop. the center griddle/burner is interchangeable.:D
now matches the refrig and dishwasher we got in feb and march!!:clap:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2008/137439-NewRangeIF.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2008/137439-Picture1.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2008/137439-NewGriddleTopIF.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2008/137439-FrigIF.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/19-Sep-2008/137439-DishwasherIf.jpg

susme48
09-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Cool Kathie!!

Katwyld
09-19-2008, 08:06 PM
MY MOM'S FINALLY GETTING MARRIED!!!! http://www.curtumevexas.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/yahoo.gif

She's been engaged to this man since 2 days after I got married in 2004... and has actually hemmed and hawed about marrying him (after saying yes to him)... they now talking about a date, next year Memorial Day weekend (which will actually be 2 days after we got married, so it'll be easy to remember. heheh)... I'm just happy they're not eloping... she talked about them doing that, and I threated to not talk to her if they did... I was at her first wedding, I WILL be at this one! hehehe

I'm so excited right now.... He's such a wonderful guy, the best she's ever been with... I'll be happy to have him as a stepdad... and apparently he's been saying 'our daughter' for the past few months... it's cool! I don't feel right calling him Dad, though (I think because I had a Dad, and, well... the name has an... odd meaning to it)... I was thinking maybe Pa, but I'm not sure about that, either... that's what everyone called my Gramps.... And Pops... just... no... hehehe Anyone have any ideas? I think I'd really like it to be something special...

Ok, that's done... heheh

Nice stove, Kathie! I miss having a gas stove... they're SO much nicer... ah well, someday... Oh, and I use Simple Solution from Petsmart... Other places carry it, too, it's a common product... made for pet urine, and works really well with other stuff, too... it is a liquid, and it's best if you soak the area down since urine spreads out at the bottom... but I've used it on a lot of carpets over the years with dog and cat messes, and the stuff is wonderful... I buy it by the gallon myself.. hehe (my kids don't mess in the house anymore, but vomit is something you can't easily train them to do outsite. :rolleyes: And it works well on all kinds of other stains, too).

AMuse
09-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Congratulations Kat.

I call my Step dad by his name (at least the latest one) the one I had when I was a teen I called (and still call) Dad. :-)

(OK... my mom's been married a few times....)

anyway... I think I might need therapy... I opened up the BBQ to cook up some hotdogs and....

lit it....

and

a smouldering mouse came shooting out the side of the grill!

I'm thinking that I need some wine!

susme48
09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Ewwww...I don't drink but I think I would need some wine after that....and maybe therapy too....Yuck!!

AMuse
09-20-2008, 12:17 AM
hubby, wisely, helped me self medicate... with chocolate! lol

OkeeKat
09-20-2008, 12:18 AM
Thanks Susan!!
Congratulations thats Great News!! and Thanks Kat!
OMG Kathy poor little mouse! I bet you were just as scared as he was!! hope he didnt leave a family behind. had a nest of them once in the winter up north in my BBQ.
:heart:

AMuse
09-20-2008, 12:24 AM
I felt awful for him... poor little guy. sigh

I think we need to find a way to keep them out of the bbq... I'll have to ponder that... and get hubby to do all the grilling in the meantime!

Lady Carol
09-20-2008, 10:14 AM
I doubt the mouse will be back. You scared it half to death. We had a mouse that would visit our oven in one of the houses we rented just after we arrived. I would turn the oven on and smell mouse pee cooking. Uggh!! So I got a humane trap for it, loaded it up with cat food and caught the darned thing. Now I have this trap that is shut and if I shook it nothing moves inside, so I didn't want to open the trap and have a mouse jump out at me but I am not certain that there is anything in there. So me being me and a scientist, weighed the closed trap and then weighed one that I knew was definitely empty. The shut trap weighed 15g/2 ounces heavier. Ahhhh!! I say to myself, yup a mousie is inside so I tossed the whole lot in the bin.

This same house had access to a crawl space in the roof from the master bedroom and it had been carpeted over but there was a mouse there and I had several sleepless nights. This was all while hubby was traveling so I really had to step up to the plate and be "the man". I got the door open and went to place one of those traps but while I was looking in the space with a torch to see where would be the best place to put the trap, I noticed something that glittered gold and all sparkly. It turned out to be a chunky garnet ring. The ugliest thing I have ever seen but hey, I found treasure :D which I wear occasionally, and the mouse was removed.

Congrats Kat. I think you are old enough to call your new step-Dad to be, by his first name and forget about the Pa, Dad, Father thing. Why don't you ask him what he would like you to call him? I am sure it will be the name that you are using already.

OkeeKat
09-20-2008, 10:40 AM
G' Morning all!!:wave:
Coffee and OJ and gooey, sticky cinnamon buns for everyone!! mmmm my favorite, well one of them anyways!:lol:

just painting away this am..well for the past hr anyways, was up till near 3 painting this portrait.. its addicting.. can't stop want to keep goin and goin.. well dogs had to go out or I would have slept in.
No worries back to the easel.. Posted in the whats on your easel, instead of doing a wip this time. Seems this portriat is coming better or easier then the last ones.. guess I'm starting to learn somethin!!:D

Lovely storey Carol!! thanks.
Have you recovered from the shock yet Kathy??
We know Kat is still on cloud 9!!
Hope Susan and Kathleen and everyone else out there in QDCland are having a good morning and slept well.
Happy painting all!! I'll check back later.. back to the easel!:wave:

AMuse
09-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Good Morning all.

it's a lazy morning... I woke up this morning in the middle of the bed with hubby on one side and a kid and a cat on the other! lol

It's supposed to be a beautiful day here so we are going to get out in it! :)

susme48
09-20-2008, 11:53 AM
Congrats Kat!!! Saw last night...but someone kept me from doing all I wanted to...:lol:

Morning all! Carol , Kathy and Kathie,...coffee is on! Helping myself to a bun!! Yummy!

Katwyld
09-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Thanks, folks... Yeah, I call him Mark now, but I thought it would be nice to actually call him some equivalent of 'Dad' once it becomes official... my real Dad is... sorta useless to put it nicely... hehe Don't know if I could get used to calling Mark anything but that though, anyway, so... *shrug*

*hugs Kathy* That had to be awful! I'm glad nothing like that has ever happened to me... had a cat that caught a mouse in our house once... I figure it came in with the furniture we'd had in storage for a while.. But that's the only mouse we've ever had in the house...

Alright, off to do a little painting now, I think... Have a good day, folks!

susme48
09-20-2008, 02:26 PM
I am not afraid of mice...in fact they are kinda cute; but they are so destructive. Have had them alot...comes from living in the country I suppose. The dogs will chase crickets, flies, etc...but just watch the mice...sigh. Bob is highly allergic to cats and so is Bubba...so no solution there. If they did not eat my clothes...and would not chew thru boxes of food....I would co-exist with them...:lol: And the little buggers have learned to avoid the glue traps, so I have to use poison...but can only put that where Bubba and the dogs won't get into it.

We had wharf rats once when we lived in Brunswick GA....yuk!! Killed a baby with a broom one night...just about killed my heart...I am a softy...but did not want them near the kids since they were toddlers then.

No real suggestions here, Kat. Bubba got confused with everybody calling his 'daddy' Bob...so he changed him to "daddy Bob" :lol: Now that he is 'older', he alternates between daddy, Bob, and daddy Bob; tho' sometimes Bob won't answer unless he gets daddy...:o Just to tease him. Me he just calls Ma. Made the mistake of calling myself mommy once....he turned to me and spat out...I HATE MOMMY!! Whew...that blew my socks off...till I realized that is what he had been taught to call his birth mother. Scary to see that! Then it almost broke my heart.

PattiLou
09-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Kathy - I sizzled a lizard more than once in the BBQ. :eek: Now before I light it I pound on the lid and on the side with the brush handle to give them some time to move on. For whatever reason they like to hang out in the grill and they don't always leave. They must like burnt grease. :D

We have had little field mice a couple of times in the motorhome. I know they are cute but I hate having to throw away chewed up boxes of food and then sterilizing the drawers and washing everything. Can't stand the thought of them crawling all over the silverware/plates etc. and then eating off of them. Susan, they like a dab of peanut butter on the sticky traps. That is what hubby does. Just wish the wildlife would stay wild. :lol:

Gosh, I spent the day doing almost nothing today. Took some aspirin for a headache and forgot about doing anything else. Didn't feel like it... good thing I didn't have to! Must be another hurricane brewing, that's when I get a headache. :mad:

susme48
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Sigh....just in case anyone was wondering about the windows....he used those today to 'escape'. He first put his desk chair out, then lowered himself on to it. It fell over, so I think he might remember the fall...I can dream it taught him a lesson...:lol: Anyway, for now he has a bar in his window...and tomorrow I get out the sheet metal screws. He may have problems in some areas, but behind those, is a smart kid. It is a battle trying to stay ahead of him!

OkeeKat
09-20-2008, 11:00 PM
OHH Susan, Bubba sure is a houdini!! amazing how his little mind works to figure out escape methods!! surely is smart in that area LOL. Keepin ahead of him surely is keepin you on your toes!! ((Susan)) :heart:

ohh a yr or so we had a rat under our modular home. had to have the exterminator set a trap and finaly caught him.. the skirt around the bottom of the house now is Rat proof.. was odd you could hear it scratchin under the floor moving from different locations.. drove us nuts.:( so far no more!!