PDA

View Full Version : News To Share With The Community

Luis Guerreiro
07-25-2002, 12:19 PM
Hi All,

Here I am with fresh news to share with you.
It is official!:D As from the 1st of August, I will be painting in a proper Artists studio. This is the end to painting at home.
I have joined a professional co-operative group of Artists from London, called Creekside Artists.
This group occupies a total of 3000 sq foot of space divided into smaller individual studios. The space has an industrial glass tiled roof and all the necessary facilities to cater for solvents, cleaning up, making panels and preparing canvases, storage of materials, etc... In addition, there are large and tall industrial doors and industrial size lifts and full central heating to the whole place.
The scheme is "co-operative", that is; the costs, maintenance, administrative tasks, organisational bits and pieces are all equally divided by all participating artists.
The group organises its own collective exhibitions and open studio days and other activities. This is a crucial point, it means I'll be escaping the obscene rip-off most high street galleries impose on artists (Average 3,000.00/week to exhibit) which makes art only accessible to the rich :evil:.
All in all, this is an important step for me which I am very happy to share with you.
Best
Luis :)

NorahT
07-25-2002, 06:17 PM
Well done - enjoy !!

Luis Guerreiro
07-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by NorahT
Well done - enjoy !!

Thanks Norah.
Regards
Luis :)

prairie painter
07-26-2002, 01:21 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: How wonderful! Sounds like the perfect environment to fuel your creativity. Best of luck to you!:clap:

Luis Guerreiro
07-26-2002, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Visionary
:clap: :clap: :clap: How wonderful! Sounds like the perfect environment to fuel your creativity. Best of luck to you!:clap:

Thanks Visionary.
It will fuel creativity, I'm sure.
Kind regards :)
Luis

llis
07-27-2002, 03:13 PM
Congratulations are in order for sure!

Congratulations Luis, I'm jealous.

Luis Guerreiro
07-27-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by llis
Congratulations are in order for sure!