PDA

View Full Version : Redheaded Blues

Corrie Scott
07-25-2002, 01:05 PM
MY IMAGE(S):
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Critiques/upload_spool/07-25-2002/3973_Redheaded_Blues_a.jpg

GENERAL INFORMATION:
Title: Redheaded Blues
Year Created: 2002
Medium: Acrylic
Surface: Canvas
Dimension: 8
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
This face came out of the canvas with my mood

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Anything

Fagan
07-25-2002, 01:10 PM
stay away from sharp objects!! *LOL*...this is electric! I love that mop of red hair! The green bothers me...but as it is part of a "mood"...were you seasick? Her head seems to be floating....maybe a more defined neck? or something to anchor her down.

jerryW
07-25-2002, 01:30 PM
a great rhythm to the brushstrokes,
the signature may be overlarge.
some variance in the red colr would help
a noticible similarity to fagan's tiny head in composition

artinoils
07-25-2002, 03:27 PM
Interesting and expressive. The neck area seems to distract...would maybe crop to below the signature.

Corrie Scott
07-25-2002, 06:22 PM
Thanks to;

Helen, will add more depth to neck

Jerry, Signature way too large AND too bright. Think I was trying to assert myself when I signed it. Will mute the colour.

artinoils, would like to keep the neck, so will throw some paint that way

I did this painting in about 5 minutes. She suddenly was there. Must have been swimming around in my senses

artbabe21
07-25-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Corrie Scott
I did this painting in about 5 minutes. She suddenly was there. Must have been swimming around in my senses

Oh, we should all be so lucky!!!!!! Five minutes? Are you ready for the painting olympics? I really like YOUR work. Incredible style!!
Cathleen~

Corrie Scott
07-26-2002, 11:29 AM
Cathleen
Thank you again! I am enjoying throwing on the paint as you can see. It is a release.

jerryW
07-26-2002, 11:56 AM
muting is not called for.
the variance which might help in the red need not diminish the impact just make it more interesting, to breathe even better.

mattlart
07-26-2002, 11:37 PM
Electric? YES:) .......and haunting. LOL,....it reminds me of my wild acid trips in the late 60's. Thanks for the memories:)))

Pam B.
07-27-2002, 04:25 AM
Love the red hair! Agree about the neck but wouldn't touch anything else. There is a real mood thing happening here, it would be interesting to know what was going on for you when you painted it especially as it came through so quickly. Love your style

pracht
07-27-2002, 04:11 PM
This is wonderful. It's just the kind of character evolution that I have enjoyed myself many nights after the family has retired for the evening. Love the color and brush work.

Corrie Scott
07-29-2002, 11:31 AM
Jerry,
when I said muting, I only meant the signature. Not sure I want to touch the red hair as am afraid I may wreck the spontanaety of the brushstrokes. But thanks for comments..keep them coming at me, it makes me grow.