PDA

View Full Version : First attempt of painting on Canvas

alija1001
09-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi here is a picture that I did at a demonstration I had today.
First time of painting acrylics on canvas.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2008/78136-European_scene.JPG

barsha
09-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Amazing first attempt on canvas. The juxtaposition of colours are so appropriate.

amotwell
09-08-2008, 11:27 AM
You're off to a good start! One of the things I really enjoy about paint on canvas is the degree of coverage you get. (The background color doesn't have to be the color of the support surface.) I bet you'll enjoy it, too :)

Pamla
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
You get kudos for bravery! Your first attempt on a canvas was a demo? I would just be way too nervous! Good Job. It looks like it is a fairly large painting. Do you find it hard to get coverage? I always seem to have to go over my background a couple times to get the depth of color I want.

alija1001
09-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I did like this but I found you had to put quite a bit of paint on your brush to paint the white out.
The size is 12" x 10"

OkeeKat
09-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Great!! you did a pretty good job of your first painting!
fyi..Mountains in the distance will look more bluish tint to show distance.
just be sure to add more darker tones to show shading on hillsides.
looking great! Keep up the good work!

Bizkit
09-08-2008, 11:43 PM
You get kudos for bravery! Your first attempt on a canvas was a demo? I would just be way too nervous! Good Job. It looks like it is a fairly large painting. Do you find it hard to get coverage? I always seem to have to go over my background a couple times to get the depth of color I want.

You only go over your background a couple of times......:eek: Go look at my latest, I can personally guarentee that there are no less than 6, yes, SIX coats of paint on that Yellow background, and they were pretty much done spatuala style with a foam brush, very thick and heavy...Yet, I can still see light areas!!!!:cool:

Bizkit
09-08-2008, 11:49 PM
You get the KUDOS award tonight for your Bravery!! Go forth and prosper...

I think what youve done here is pretty nice, youve got a nice mountain scene, with a decent rendition of sky. It looks like youve got some nice sprigs of grass up front, Id like to see that continued and defined even more. Youve got the basic elements here, work on them, define them, and use them to your advantage.......keep up the good work!

alija1001
09-09-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for your comments