PDA

View Full Version : For all you 'Ruth watchers'

paintfool
07-24-2002, 10:43 PM
I make it a point to view everything Ruth posts because her work always amazes me. :) I just wanted to report that i had the good fortune to spend 3 days with her, along with 6 other WC ladies and was even more impressed than i already was! Ruth went out of her way to help all of us with composition and color issues and painting along side her was a treat that i shall treasure always! Thanks to her instruction as well as the input of all of the other super talented artists i feel that i learned more in this weekend than i have in an entire year! Thanks Ruth, so much! Your generosity left me with a renewed sense of inspiration and passion for painting. I'll always be greatful to you for that! Thank you Ruth!!!

Cheryl

PS if you can try to imagine it, her work is even more spectacular in person!

jenrou
07-25-2002, 12:53 AM
I'm a true 'Ruth watcher' and I'm trying hard not to turn green with envy.:D

busy91
07-25-2002, 10:17 AM
"Ruth Watcher" here too! Glad you got to sit in awe of her. She's an inspiration!

artchic
07-30-2002, 08:16 AM
Nice to be able to meet other WC's in person......yes Ruth is Awesome......I'm sure you learned a lot from her!......Did she come to FLA or did uopu go to SC?

From the Shore,
Carole

paintfool
08-01-2002, 10:29 PM
Neither actually, Carole. We met with several other WC members at Llis island home in Georgia for the first annual SLAC meeting. There's quite a bit about it in the WC Events forum:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48986
I learned something from each one of the artists who attended and had a great time! :)

Cheryl

llis
08-01-2002, 10:39 PM
I confess, I'm a Ruth watcher too.

I can't tell you how much she helped me at the SLAConference. She is a very talented lady and so willing to share her knowledge.

arlene
08-16-2002, 04:55 PM
definitely a ruth watcher! and i intend to be with her next time...and the rest of the gang

JustjoGA
08-16-2002, 07:25 PM
If there's any way possible, I plan to be at the next SLAC session also.... so much good feedback that makes us aware of what we missed.

TeAnne
08-21-2002, 09:16 PM
Yes, I'm a Ruth Watcher. Always popping in here for a fix. :D