Dimension: 11x14
Allow digital alterations?: Yes!

MY COMMENTS:
Painted in the class from a model

MY QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP:
Any comments or suggestions

La_
09-04-2008, 05:56 PM
well isn't this a good study in the complex world of figures ... how long a pose did you get?
i like the skin tones and a lot of the nice subtle shading you've done. her hands definitely need work and her neck looks tremendously strained, but i like how it looks as though shes peeking over the edge of the chair ... perhaps the head/neck are a bit too big for the body? ... the shadow under her left leg needs to be softened ... not bad tho all in all, you're very lucky to have access to live models - take advantage of that whenever you can!

la

tali
09-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I too enjoy your use of colors and light. You've also done will in rendering the form. There is something a little too angular and unfeminine in the face that i find quite distracting, as well the position of the model herself—her privies are somewhat of a bulls-eye. Keep at at is, and do a lot of nude sketching to become more familiar with the curves and planes of the face and body.

tgsloth
09-05-2008, 07:25 PM
This painting shows variations from a super accurate depiction of the model. While they could be considered mistakes and maybe are mistakes in your mind, they strike me as painterly, manneristic changes and I think the painting is really cool. Only one thing hits me as a clear negative and that's her left leg. It needs fixin'

lutik
09-08-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks La, Tali and Tgsloth for your comments and suggestions. <o></o>
<o></o>
I soften the shadows under the leg and also tried to make her face look more feminine As Tali pointed out it was too angular. I don’t have a picture of the model, so I just tried to soften that look, not sure how it worked out.
<o></o>
<st1:state><st1></st1></st1:state> This is a work that I did in the figure class. We painted this figure for 4 sittings ( 2.5 hour each) But I am a slow painter so for me it is not enough to do the detail painting.

ryster007
09-09-2008, 06:03 PM
The form you captured on the chest and torso is really excellent

The leg is much improved!
Good work on this but I recomend further shading on the on her left leg. Because it is closest to us we should see sharper contrast at the knee. Her thigh should be catching the light going by the angles of light/shadow on her neck and torso. and the front of her lower left leg would also be in shadow as her neck is

I've tried to illustrate crudely on PS

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2008/83841-tetechkaSmallnew.jpg

Hope this helps

Ryan

tali
09-10-2008, 02:57 AM
I'm a slow painter too, so I relate. You have improved her, but the basic structure of her face is off. I'd suggest you find another woman to pose for just a head profile. Profiles can be super tough, but don't be discouraged, he body is well done, so I'm sure you have the skills to do it.

lutik
09-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Ryan,
Thanks a lot for suggestions the leg on your rework looks much better than on actual painting, so I will make the changes you suggested.
<o></o>
Tali,
Drawing the face is my weakest skill. I actually took this class to learn how to paint portrait, but because the model was turned away from me I decided to paint a figure instead.

Bizkit
09-10-2008, 11:03 PM
I like this its got that Vargas feel to it....very nicely done with a classic type pose. My only critique here would be the Hands...both in my opinon need just a bit of attention. The hand on the chair looks a bit strange to me....