PDA

View Full Version : My Workshops: DVDs coming soon!

Deborah Secor
09-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I just found out that F+W Media is planning to release DVDs of both of my workshops (www.artistsnetwork.tv) sometime later this year. That means that folks who wanted to add them to their collection will be able to watch anytime! I also understand that some people still have a dial-up connection, which makes watching them online impossible (and having lived until recently in a semi-rural area that didn't offer affordable high-speed options, I can really relate!) So it seems that in November 2008 sometime you'll be able to order the DVDS.

I have no idea of the cost or where/how you'll get them yet, but when I have the information I'll be sure to let you know. :thumbsup:

Hmmm, guess this will mean I need to get a DVD player and join the 21st Century! :cool: :wink2:

Deborah

binkie
09-04-2008, 10:26 PM
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE DVDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I look forward to when these are available.

binkie

klord
09-05-2008, 12:33 AM
AWESOME!

Kim

ElsieH
09-05-2008, 11:01 PM
:clap: :clap:

Somehow....I can't figure out how, my message about this DVD's message, got tagged only to the other thread about the Videos at Artistnetwork.tv....
elves in the WC site? Probably just my own noodle-headedness! :lol:
This is good news!

Punky2
09-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah!!! I am so happy! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am one of those people with dial-up and I knew I would never get to see your workshops online... until now!

Thank you F + W! and Deborah!

Terri

Winny Kerr
09-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Oh HOTdog, I'll wait and buy one then. I have CableOne so do have highspeed internet but when I tried to view the preview still found that it stopped and started off and on. That is why I have not bought into it yet.
Who will I buy your DVD from Deborah? Really looking forward to seeing it.
Winny

bchlvr
09-20-2008, 05:48 PM
If you are a beginner in pastels as I am and want to learn landscapes Deborah's Landscape video is outstanding. It shows you how to paint instead of drawing and coloring as well as how to paint a beautiful landscape. I love it! Thanks Deb!

Deborah Secor
09-20-2008, 06:32 PM
Hi there... well, to the best of my knowledge the two workshop DVDs will be available through F+W Media. There was some talk of selling them through North Light Books, but I'm not in on the planning end of things, so whether or not that happens is as much a mystery to me as it is to you. I'm sure there will be an announcement of where and how to purchase them coming sometime , but they won't be released before the end of October. You know how things go, however! At this point I'm sort of expecting delays...:rolleyes: yet hoping for the best....

Linn, thanks. :D I'm so glad you enjoyed the landscape video. Keep painting!!

Deborah

bchlvr
09-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Deborah...I just got the 2nd video and I love that as well. What is so super about your videos is the thinking process you include so we know why you do in your painting process.

mrking
09-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Bonus. I'd rather buy them and own them to review whenever I want that to pay for six months and not be able to go over the vids anytime I wanted.

Deborah Secor
09-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks again, Linn... I've learned to just keep talking while I paint (which wasn't easy at first! Try it sometime--those two parts of the brain don't cooperate easily and naturally.) I guess after 20+ years of classroom teaching my students have asked so many questions I've developed the ability to talk and paint simultaneously, or I'd never get any demonstrating done. I'm glad it's working for you!

A funny story about making the videos... I was merrily painting and chattering on about everything, as I usually do. We finally took a break and Karyn Meyer came over and mentioned that it would be 'okay' for me to just paint and NOT talk. I wanted to cooperate, so I sincerely tried to keep from talking an just paint, to limited success. The next day in the car my husband was laughing at me and explained that they needed some natural breaks so they could more easily edit the video! I felt so silly. If she'd just laid it out that way I think I would have done better, but I just naturally fill in the blanks with talk during a demo! :rolleyes: I figure otherwise my students will
a) snooze
b) wander off looking for coffee
c) pack up and go home, leaving me there demonstrating and talking to myself!
:lol:

Mike, I hear ya! I hope you enjoy them.

Deborah

bchlvr
09-21-2008, 09:01 AM
That is so funny Deborah! If it wasn't for your talking and sharing the thinking process the videos would be no good and I would have been disappointed. The videos would have been just like everyone elses videos..."just do as I say and not worry why" type video. Your videos are a true learning experience and I love them!!

Bringer
09-21-2008, 03:43 PM
Hi Deborah,

Not a DVD player but a Blu-Ray player, that's wat you need.
Say, how many copies are you going to pirate for us ? :-)

Kind regards,

Josť

Shirl Parker
09-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Hi Deborah, You might have a DVD player in your computer. Unless it's pretty old, they come that way these days. Maybe you know that already. :lol: :lol: Good luck.

Deborah Secor
09-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I do--just in the computer, however. I don't have gadget that makes the TV a DVD player like some more sophisticated DVD viewers apparently do. We don't watch too many. In fact, the other night hubby and I curled up on our bed and put the computer between us to watch a DVD for the first time. It was okay but boy, is it ever easy to fall asleep that way! :lol:

Jose--as to the pirated copies--sorry. No go... Jesus would frown at me for that! :D

Deborah

Shirl Parker
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Deborah, if you are going to watch DVDs in bed they have to be very exciting, edge of the seat types. Or else be suffering from insomnia!

Bringer
09-22-2008, 10:08 PM
I do--just in the computer, however. I don't have gadget that makes the TV a DVD player like some more sophisticated DVD viewers apparently do. We don't watch too many. In fact, the other night hubby and I curled up on our bed and put the computer between us to watch a DVD for the first time. It was okay but boy, is it ever easy to fall asleep that way! :lol:

Jose--as to the pirated copies--sorry. No go... Jesus would frown at me for that! :D

Deborah

But it's not the act that counts, it's the good intention:rolleyes:

Kind regards,

Josť

Deborah Secor
09-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Jose, I disagree, but we need to stay on topic. This isn't the place to continue this discussion, so I've sent you a PM!

:wave: Deborah

TurkeyVulture
09-22-2008, 11:52 PM
This is great news! Just what I've been needing. I was given a very nice set of soft pastels but I have no clue how to use them. In experimenting I've been totally confounded! A DVD workshop is just the thing for me. :)

Deborah Secor
09-22-2008, 11:58 PM
Have you looked at the online videos offered through www.artistsnetwork.tv ? If not, I have two of them there. One is on how to get started painting the landscape in pastels! Hope you find some wonderful, fun things to do with your pastels! If you're like most of us you'll probably find they're almost addictive... :D

Deborah