PDA

View Full Version : Landscape challenge

noodle1
09-04-2008, 09:28 AM
This is the second time posting this, is on What's on Your Easel, I rarely wander, but I thought I would go more general for C&C's. From a pix, a horse farm my daughter lives on and that day there was this storm brewing, loved the sky. Still intend to tweak some areas but as is, it's actually my first landscape (they intimidate me :))
All comments welcome and appreciated.

Forgot to say, small 8x10 art panel, no sponges just brush work and it's acrylics.

Elaine

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/04-Sep-2008/139027-storm_brewing.jpg

AndyMcC
09-04-2008, 09:36 AM
WOW! This is amazing, I thought it was a photograph. A beautiful painting :)

sveldstra
09-04-2008, 09:41 AM
The detail is great. I especially like the trees and the two new fence rails contrasting to the older weathered wood. Reminds me of home.

sks
09-04-2008, 09:46 AM
WOW is right...... I also thought it was the reference photo.
Those trees are masterfully done..:clap: :clap:
Cheers
Sharon

barb8j
09-04-2008, 09:49 AM
The sky and trees are so wonderful! I too, thought it was the reference photo! If this is your first landscape you should definitely do more!

OkeeKat
09-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Love this Elaine!!:clap: :D
The trees are soooo realistic, would love to see it more in a closup!!
the wood fence is awesome, especialy those new boards!!
I'm still in Awe!! what an ominous sky!! Just perfect!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:
:heart:

gurleygirl
09-04-2008, 09:56 AM
OMG WOW!!!!!!! Fabulous!!
Tracey

sonita
09-04-2008, 09:59 AM
Agree with all the above!!! Very :thumbsup:
Soni

Linee
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Your FIRST landscape? You intimidate me. ;) Really, it is turning out to be a wonderful piece. Your color is so right on! I love how the trees grey as they go further back. Great realism.

LavenderFrost
09-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Wow, amazing realism. I love those trees!

noodle1
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh my gosh, you All make me blush, thank you very, very much! It's funny several have said they thought it was a reference photo, generally this is a criticism I have faced in the past but ya know what you've made it a compliment that wipes out all the other criticisms, you are so kind.

Elaine

barsha
09-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Picturesque! Cloud appears just natural....

HOllyLL
09-04-2008, 11:26 AM
beautiful and very realistic!! congrats!

susme48
09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Not sure how many wonderfuls and wows on thread can hold, but, Elaine this is totally marvelous!!! I wish I could do trees like that!! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0054.gif (http://www.pearlpoker.com)

Assaf
09-04-2008, 01:01 PM
It turned out beautiful - very delicate and accurate, and the clouds and the yellow fence makes it still very intersting to watch. Simple and good composition.

~~Kathleen
09-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Wonderful.
~~Kathleen

casualartist
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
DAYUMN!!!

Kick Ass!!!

Soul Expressions
09-04-2008, 02:31 PM
That is beautiful! I love your clouds. I would certainly paint more landscapes and bigger. You have nothing to be intimidated by at all!

noodle1
09-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Sharon- You humble me, went to your site very first thing is the Seventh Day,
how incredibly beautiful and serene and the skill, wow! My head just shrunk a couple of sizes..hahahaha

Kathy You know I love what you do very much, your site incredible too and your work. Loving watching Flicka come to life, truly fine work.

Tracey Went to your site too, if I could do what you do I could die happy.
Absolutely love the joy and the color and the talent!

Linda - Your site wouldn't load for me, must keep trying cause I know
I'll love what you do.

Lavender Frost - Oh my!!! If I thought I could afford you, my pick would be the Squirrel, they're all fantastic!

barsha - Your talent is wonderful, such energy and skill combined, now see
I wish I could do that but oh well, you can and I can Enjoy it!!!

HOLLyLL - Your site a treat. What beautiful paintings, your water to learn from and your color palette, marvelous!

Assaf - Nature has a way of turning heads even when one tries to copy her.
Simple and always good comps, Thank you. Your photography, well it's superb.
Love the Flower Shop through the Window, but they're all captivating.

Susan I wish I could do trees like that!! You "absolutely" can, remember I've seen what you already do, this would be a no contest! :)

Kathleen Thank you, you know too I love watching your work progress and am enchanted with the outcomes.

casualartist - DAYUMN!!!

Kick Ass!!!
:lol: :lol: Any chance you're from NY...oh my gosh Thank you
I was always afraid to say that here but what it offers, invaluable.

Lucy I bow before "Awestruck". Fine, fine work, thank you so much as well..bigger uh maybe, baby steps but I'm tempted.

Well I'm humbled to be in such company and to have my work so appreciated, think I need to go fly around the room a bit, thank you all you've made my day!

Elaine

lilbelle
09-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Outstanding work!! The trees are wonderfully painted, very realistic. Great job on everything!!!

ssullivan
09-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Great job! You captured the essence of the "moment".
Keep up the great work.
:clap:

RPut
09-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Very impressive! Ruthie

Mz_Sketch_Pad
09-04-2008, 08:18 PM
i love it very crisp feel to it

PETE K
09-04-2008, 08:20 PM
I think every one has said it. another 1,000 words could not say more. your picture has said it all. it fabulous.

PETE

Neelie
09-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Beautiful trees, everything about it says REAL!

edtree
09-05-2008, 06:35 AM
:wave: What is there to tweak, Noodle! This is awesome! I hope now you are less intimidated by landscapes; you're a natural!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Elizabeth

phobden
09-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Very nice landscape, well balanced colors and values. Your trees seem perfect and the clouds are excellent.

noodle1
09-05-2008, 09:06 AM
lilbelle - ssullivan - Ruthie - Mz - Pete - Nellie - Elizabeth- Peter

Thank you all so very much, again to be appreciated by the standards that you as artists have achieved and present is genuinely making my head spin. I honesty don't know what to say other then over and over again Thank you!

Elaine

Antony Burt
09-05-2008, 10:40 AM
For any size, this is a great looking work. It has a high amount of realism to it that just sucks the eye out trying to tell if it's a painting or picture.

Don't feel intimidated, do some more!

I can't offer any advise on what to tweak. From this side of the computer screen it's perfect as it is... :thumbsup:

Mixael
09-05-2008, 11:38 AM
Amazing. Simply amazing. And absolutely beautiful painting!

Michael

Vanche
09-05-2008, 12:03 PM
That is amazing.It looks like a paimting of an old master.

Chestnut Tree Cafe
09-05-2008, 02:17 PM
Lovely. Very 'atmospheric'. I particularly love the clouds and trees.

Chris

noodle1
09-05-2008, 03:44 PM
Anthony - Michael - Vanche - Chris

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you ! Vanche love your work!
Well I cannot ignore the urging, I'm still amazed at all the responses, but I'm
really energized by them to give more of my attention to landscape painting.
You're all very encouraging. :D

Elaine

LavenderFrost
09-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Oh my!!! If I thought I could afford you, my pick would be the Squirrel, they're all fantastic!

With your talent, I don't think you need to worry about affording anything.:thumbsup:

noodle1
09-06-2008, 12:15 PM
That's kind of you to say, are we talking the "barter" system..hahaha
I've been out of the market for so long don't even know how to re-start.
You're great, thanks, :D

Elaine

gaartist
09-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm new to this site, not quite sure if I'll ever post anything if this is an example of the work shown here.

By now you must know how good you are....

gaartist

Grace5
09-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Beautiful work, love the clouds and the trees are superbly done.

pacmanJohn
09-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Elaine, you deserve all of the accolades. Very nice.

deadsam
09-06-2008, 05:52 PM
only one word
EXCELLENT!

noodle1
09-06-2008, 07:38 PM
Sam - John- Grace

Thank you so very much. I'm actually still overwhelmed, everyone has their moment and perhaps after all these years this is mine, and I am soaring, thank
you!

gaartist - Oh I really hope you're joking because what you have to contribute is from you and that is special just in it's source. There are far more excellent pieces in this online community, each different, each alluring and each done with the heart of an artist. I love it here because we contribute to one another, I've never met a nicer group of people and actually I'm rather new here myself, just yak alot! :lol: I do know how good I am to a point, this is a first for me, I had no idea it would be so well received and that just makes
me feel good! :wink2: Okay let's see what ya got, bet it's great, I'll be looking for you.

Elaine

LavenderFrost
09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
What I meant was I'm sure there's nothing you can't paint yourself.

I'm still trying to get into the market, lol.

old_hobbyist
09-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Of course, by now everyone else has said how spectacular your painting is! So, I'll second everyone else. A great job on such a small canvas. In particular, I am truly impressed with your trees. And what Roger Bansemer calls "sky holes." Sky holes produce "leafyness," an effect that is present in master paintings but is missing in most contemporary landscapes. I believe this is because it takes TIME to daub in all 'them teeny spots of light'. Again a masterpiece on such a small canvas. Would like to see you do a bigger one - say 16 x 20 or more.
Jim

noodle1
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
Lavendar Frost Ya know my head didn't even go there..hahaha I dunno,
took a bit of a gentle spanking in portraits. I just loved that squirrel painting!

Jim - Ah Thank you, means alot. You've added to my knowledge bank,
I never really knew about "sky holes". Won't say I knew what I was doing but I knew what I was seeing, in my case I daubed around the sky, cause in my head it came first. :lol: Thank you for telling me that, and yes I will give bigger a go, thank you for the encouragement.

Elaine

Lady Carol
09-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Very pretty indeed.

TxAggieDarlin
09-09-2008, 10:33 AM
This is really good......love everything about it...Did you post it at landscape?

noodle1
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Thank you very much, Carol and TxAggieDarlin
Did you post it at landscape? No I didn't, wasn't sure about where to post it and since I always head for acrylics I did it here, if it's okay think I'll see what they think too. Thank you again.

Elaine

Katwyld
09-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I would definitely post this in landscapes, Elaine... this is amazing work! Along with many, I thought this was the reference photo, and I wouldn't tweak a single thing.

You handled the trees wonderfully, the clouds are just amazing! The wood grain on the boards, and the flowers/weeds in front of and behind the boards... I can't believe this is your first landscape, and I'm glad you did it finally. You are a natural, truly. Now... I'd just love to see you work a little bigger.

Very impressive... I'm truly awed by this. Don't underestimate yourself... you have wonderful talent, dear.

Foxyheart2002
09-13-2008, 04:18 AM
Totally gorgeous, Elaine! Much better than I could ever do. Love it!!

noodle1
09-13-2008, 08:39 AM
Kat and Sue - I really thank you both. I admire both of you ladies and your talent. I can't thank anyone here enough, the energy I get from you is like pixie sticks (anybody remember them..:lol: ) oh so sweet, stimulating new energies in an old heart, you guys are great, thanks again!

Elaine

Aires
09-13-2008, 10:41 AM
Your clouds and trees won my heart at first glance. Great going!:)

Ozone
09-13-2008, 03:32 PM
Hi Elaine,

Would you mind if I repeated every word the others have written? This has been our pleasure, my pleasure, and I thank you.

Oz:)

Lady Carol
09-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Thank you very much, Carol and TxAggieDarlin
No I didn't, wasn't sure about where to post it and since I always head for acrylics I did it here, if it's okay think I'll see what they think too. Thank you again.

Elaine
Elaine, you are permitted to post in one other forum. Usually media specific and a subject specific forum. :wave:

Chia
09-13-2008, 07:47 PM
A most impressive landscape, expertly rendered. You certainly don't paint as if intimidated - I see no hesitation here! Lovely job.