PDA

View Full Version : Letter of the Week 'G'

Hiraeth
09-02-2008, 07:25 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/02-Sep-2008/144882-Letter_of_the_Week_G.JPG

Upper left corner--Shiraz
Upper right corner--flame
Lower right corner--green
Lower left corner--concord

Derwent Inktense Pencils
Osmiroid B4 and broad nibs

'Gee' I hope lots of you submit letter a letter G this week!

(I'm having trouble settling on an idea for 'H'--suggestions welcomed!)

TessDB
09-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Ooooo... love those purples, Kim! :thumbsup:

As far as "H" is concerned... what about "Hop". You could do things that hop-- crickets, bunnies, kangaroos, frogs, those freaky spiders (ok, maybe not the spiders! :D ), grasshoppers, etc.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with! :wave:

Rosemary

InkyEss
09-02-2008, 04:51 PM
Beautiful, Kim, you're just so neat! :clap:

I am working on my G right now... hoping to have something ready by the weekend.

As for H....
I would probably go for Hat... but that's 'cos I have a thing about hats... I just love them! :cat:

Other ideas:

Herb? Hen? Heather? Hippo? Hog? Hibiscus? Come on, the list is endles!:D

Hiraeth
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM
That's a great idea but I can't draw to save my life. I have to think of something with very simple, simple lines.

I had a list of all my letter projects and I think I must've thrown it out accidently in a fit of cleaning last week. Can't find it anywhere. I did have an idea for 'h'; I just can't remember it. Sigh. . .getting old.

Ooooo... love those purples, Kim! :thumbsup:

As far as "H" is concerned... what about "Hop". You could do things that hop-- crickets, bunnies, kangaroos, frogs, those freaky spiders (ok, maybe not the spiders! :D ), grasshoppers, etc.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone else comes up with! :wave:

Rosemary

Hiraeth
09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Can't wait to see your 'G!'

Hats. . .that's a good idea. I could do some simple hats.

Top hat
fireman's hat
bowler hat
Indiana Jones' hat. . .

Beautiful, Kim, you're just so neat! :clap:

I am working on my G right now... hoping to have something ready by the weekend.

As for H....
I would probably go for Hat... but that's 'cos I have a thing about hats... I just love them! :cat:

Other ideas:

Herb? Hen? Heather? Hippo? Hog? Hibiscus? Come on, the list is endles!:D

azulparsnip
09-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Kim - love the grape idea , the different color tucked corners keep me going.
how about Hollyhocks for H

Hi Rosemary and Sharon

Here's the G.....

Hiraeth
09-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Again, both are great but I LOVE the first one! The flower, the blue and white reminds me of a vase for some reason.

Very nice!:)

Kim - love the grape idea , the different color tucked corners keep me going.
how about Hollyhocks for H

Hi Rosemary and Sharon

Here's the G.....

azulparsnip
09-04-2008, 02:56 PM
thanks Kim.

quills
09-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Catching up with these very inspiring G's,:clap:

marie_d
09-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone...sorry I'm late catching up with your G's. Been very busy this week, grandson down till Wednesday, he's now back in school, and Thursday and Friday been helping my son move into his flat, so havn't had much time to myself this week.

Kim...lovely colours as always. Great idea with the different types a grapes.
Azul...I like your first one as well, the flower really stands out with the white background and the black edging.

Will probably be late posting my G...

Hiraeth
09-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Hi Marie! :wave:

Guess what I'm doing?? Playing with my new parallel pens. (Yippee!) There is a small learning curve, but I'm liking them more and more as I play with them.

Looking forward to seeing your 'G'. Take your time. This thread will be here when you're ready!:D

Hi everyone...sorry I'm late catching up with your G's. Been very busy this week, grandson down till Wednesday, he's now back in school, and Thursday and Friday been helping my son move into his flat, so havn't had much time to myself this week.

Kim...lovely colours as always. Great idea with the different types a grapes.
Azul...I like your first one as well, the flower really stands out with the white background and the black edging.

Will probably be late posting my G...

InkyEss
09-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Azulparsnip, I love those G's. The second one looks like a little curled up caterpillar... I love it! :clap:

Well, better late than never, here's my contribution. Again, lack of planning let me down, so excuse the word biscuit being so cramped! aaaaargggh! :eek: :lol: I'm going to have to write out a hundred lines of "I must remember to always plan my layout!" :D

Green ink with dip pen on parchment paper.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Sep-2008/68454-Gaggle_of_Geese1.JPG

Hiraeth
09-14-2008, 04:00 PM
"G" I love those g's! Makes me GiGGle!:D

InkyEss
09-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Golly it's great to give such glee! :lol:

Thanks Kim, I love making people laugh.